BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

compression increase affect "seat-of-the-pants" performance?

4 posters

Go down

compression increase affect "seat-of-the-pants" performance? Empty compression increase affect "seat-of-the-pants" performance?

Post  Galaxie427 October 31st 2009, 10:52 pm

If a fella had a completely stock D3VE-headed engine, would he notice anything but more expensive fuel stops by switching to unported C9VE heads? Hypothetically speaking, of course.......

Thanks,
Pete

Galaxie427

Back to top Go down

compression increase affect "seat-of-the-pants" performance? Empty Re: compression increase affect "seat-of-the-pants" performance?

Post  dfree383 November 1st 2009, 5:42 pm

Compression makes'em run, yes you will notice a difference, you'll also want to change the cam and timing set.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

compression increase affect "seat-of-the-pants" performance? Empty Re: compression increase affect "seat-of-the-pants" performance?

Post  bbf-falcon November 2nd 2009, 5:45 am

You will notice the performance for sure, But you will also notice the engine wanting to run alot warmer.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  DJOHAGIN November 2nd 2009, 11:34 pm

You will notice a difference raising the compression. Get the compression up to 11 to 1, and you'll think you have an entirely different engine under the hood. The only problem is it won't run on pump gas at that level.

Cool

Dave

DJOHAGIN

Back to top Go down

Post  Galaxie427 November 3rd 2009, 7:32 am

Hmmm. Well, judging by my complete lack of success at breaking in a cam, and the speed in which I need to be running, I'll leave the D3 stuff alone (assuming I go the D3 stock engine route). It's tempting to put the brand new Comp stick, RPM intake, and C9VE heads on it, but I don't think it's the best idea with zero $$$$ and the calendar set on November! HOWEVER, thanks for the replies, and maybe I'll have a new spring project!! Smile

Thanks again,
Pete

Galaxie427

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down