BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Larry Morgan interview

+6
Moodyblues
BigBlockRanger
maverick
yellowhorse7
DILLIGASDAVE
Darrin Gorham
10 posters

Go down

Larry Morgan interview Empty Larry Morgan interview

Post  Darrin Gorham April 10th 2014, 8:41 pm

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13971766503788&key=655eddddad1a2d49587bda5052910e78&libId=92deddc7-f779-4d0b-86e3-7591d257578a&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.yellowbullet.com%2Fforum%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D806354&v=1&out=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dragracingonline.com%2Findex.html&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.yellowbullet.com%2Fforum%2Fforumdisplay.php%3Ff%3D11%26order%3Ddesc&title=Larry%20Morgan%20tells%20it%20like%20it%20is!%20-%20Yellow%20Bullet%20Forums&txt=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dragracingonline.com%2Findex.html
Ford wont even give the guy sparkplugs Crying or Very sad 

Darrin Gorham

Back to top Go down

Larry Morgan interview Empty Re: Larry Morgan interview

Post  DILLIGASDAVE April 11th 2014, 1:21 am

Darrin Gorham wrote:........Ford wont even give the guy sparkplugs Crying or Very sad 
They're too busy screwing up the 2015 Mustang body design & making new trucks out of beer cans to worry about Larry, the Pro Stock class, or drag racing in the future.  Rolling Eyes
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowhorse7 April 11th 2014, 8:56 am

DILLIGASDAVE wrote:
Darrin Gorham wrote:........Ford wont even give the guy sparkplugs Crying or Very sad 
They're too busy screwing up the 2015 Mustang body design & making new trucks out of beer cans to worry about Larry, the Pro Stock class, or drag racing in the future.  Rolling Eyes

Ain't that the truth
yellowhorse7
yellowhorse7

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick April 11th 2014, 9:39 am

Yep, we've covered that topic numerous times on this very forum (and many others). NHRA (much like NASCAR) is in full on suicide mode. Funny how sportsman racers (the guys who built the sport with engineering, innovation, blood, sweat, tears, etc.) can have such a clear picture of the business side of drag racing while the people who steer the sport remain clueless.

4 wide is not the answer.

Outlaw tracks for me.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  BigBlockRanger April 11th 2014, 9:40 am

God bless Larry Morgan.
BigBlockRanger
BigBlockRanger

Back to top Go down

Post  Moodyblues April 11th 2014, 4:52 pm

I will not watch the 4 wide period
Moodyblues
Moodyblues

http://www.russhoodinsurance.com

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick April 11th 2014, 5:08 pm

Moodyblues wrote:I will not watch the 4 wide period

Owners and drivers don't much care for it either. I heard they protested and NHRA jammed it down their throats.

Think about it...with X amount of camera time, each car gets 1/2 the exposure they'd get running pairs. They spend as much on each pass and the return is cut in half.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Darrin Gorham April 11th 2014, 6:12 pm

Larry Morgan gave Mark Wolf a engine and found him a sponsor to get him to the Vegas race last month.

Darrin Gorham

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick April 11th 2014, 8:53 pm

Larry's a gem. Any manufacturer should be delighted to have him drive their stuff.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans April 11th 2014, 10:24 pm

I guess I'm a bad guy too [like Ford]...I'm not worried about ProStock..it's all pro and no stock. FUCK nhra prostock.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon April 11th 2014, 11:26 pm

Lem Evans wrote:I guess I'm a bad guy too [like Ford]...I'm not worried about ProStock..it's all pro and no stock. FUCK nhra prostock.

Your just a BADDASS Lem,a natural OUTLAW,a rebel w/o a cause.lol

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 April 11th 2014, 11:39 pm

Lem Evans wrote:I guess I'm a bad guy too [like Ford]...I'm not worried about ProStock..it's all pro and no stock. FUCK nhra prostock.
tree'd by the old bad guy.  Laughing 
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  fordguy69 April 12th 2014, 10:49 am

It really is a shame how the NHRA has ruined Pro Stock and how Ford has abandoned the class.  Bob Glidden and his family are the reason that my garage and barn is full of Ford products and why I have only purchased Fords throughout my life.  I know it's a quaint notion now, but brand identity and brand loyalty hooked me in my early life because of Glidden and his domination of the class in the eighties.  Couple that with his family team and their willingness to sell the brand and serve the fans, it just sealed the deal.  We used to go to the Gatornationals every year, even when we didn't really have the cash, just to see Pro Stock and Glidden in particular and to get an autographed T-shirt by Bob and Etta.  While not necessarily as gregarious as John Force, Bob would stay at the autograph table as long as he could, and there were times that he would even stop working on the car to come sign something for someone.  That made huge impression on me and my peers in those days.  I guess those days are gone.  And if I remember correctly, Ford didn't treat the Glidden family so well in the waning days of their relationship.

I haven't been to a drag race or even watched it on the TV for more than a few passing moments in quite a few years.  

I guess I am just getting old and cranky.

fordguy69

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down