BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well, it ALL may be headin' down the road...!!?

+26
res0rli9
cletus66
56Tbird
RapidRuss
Dave Maxwell
uf63
jbozzelle
Ranch71460
westsideford
jasonf
dirtbogger
Moodyblues
bigblockfox468
jones
John I.
billandlori
KY JELLY
the1969fordguyinky
hillbillyerv
schmitty
richter69
bruno
bbf-falcon
Northwest outlaw
ThndrChkn
30 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Well, it ALL may be headin' down the road...!!? Empty Well, it ALL may be headin' down the road...!!?

Post  ThndrChkn November 8th 2009, 11:53 pm

I've been doin' some soul searching the last few days, and I'm in serious contemplation of dumping all of my stuff... I was in the garage the last couple days, and I just don't feel it anymore... Right now, I don't even want to look at the stuff...? Don't ask me why, I just don't even want to look at it... Well, it ALL may be headin' down the road...!!? Icon_eek Well, it ALL may be headin' down the road...!!? Icon_eek Just had to vent a little... I'll be off here for awhile, while I try and figure things out... I'll let you guys know what I decide... Well, it ALL may be headin' down the road...!!? Kopfschuettel

Doug... Well, it ALL may be headin' down the road...!!? Icon_cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Well, it ALL may be headin' down the road...!!? Empty Re: Well, it ALL may be headin' down the road...!!?

Post  Northwest outlaw November 9th 2009, 2:11 am

Well hope it is just a winner thing take some time off and have some faimly time. If you need to talk call any time 208-512-4907, 208-512-1512
Northwest outlaw
Northwest outlaw

Back to top Go down

Well, it ALL may be headin' down the road...!!? Empty Re: Well, it ALL may be headin' down the road...!!?

Post  bbf-falcon November 9th 2009, 9:43 am

Nah, You ain't gonna quit. I've been through it at times myself. Hang in there Doug. Give me a call Wink

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno November 9th 2009, 9:53 am

hey Doug we are all here for you man ......... just give one of us a call Wink

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 November 9th 2009, 10:13 am

I guess i'm fully obsessed with the hod rod deal, even with all the bs I have had in my life I can always get joy out of planning, building, and racing my cars. I'm fortunate that my brother, wife and daughter are also involved in it, but if they weren't I'd still do it lol.

We're here for ya man............ Wink
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty November 9th 2009, 10:14 am

bruno wrote:hey Doug we are all here for you man ......... just give one of us a call Wink

Hell give all of us a call. Very Happy The Band of Brothers never leaves a man behind. Evil or Very Mad
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  hillbillyerv November 9th 2009, 11:02 am

hang in there Doug, i know its tuff but it will pass, i go through this all the time, with me its depression due to the situation with lil brother bein quadrapaligic, sorry to rambil on , please hang in there it will pass n you will be happy u didnt sell your stuff. call if u need to Erv. 479-997-2212.
hillbillyerv
hillbillyerv
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  the1969fordguyinky November 9th 2009, 11:05 am

Didn't you just have the best racing season yet? People love the truck! It's making big power. Unless you have $$$ issues leave it alone and before spring hits you'll be itching to hear the sweet sounds of a BBF again.
the1969fordguyinky
the1969fordguyinky

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY November 9th 2009, 11:36 am

Hang in there Doug , just take a little break you will get back in the mood. Very Happy
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori November 9th 2009, 11:53 am

Hey Doug, give it a bit of time.

Then go out to the shop, start the truck and do a big smokey burnout in the shop. The sound that bad motor of yours and the smell of the gas and rubber will get you back in the mood for sure!!

Drop a line if you need to chat!!

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  John I. November 9th 2009, 1:25 pm

I've been going thru the same stuff the last couple of years. I have a 10 second car sitting in the shop that I've lost interest in, and never even drove this year. But I can't bring myself to sell it. I've been a drag racing freak all my life, and at 53, I'm afraid if I sold it, I would never race again, and that's pretty scary.Don't do anything rash until spring - there's something about that first +50 day when the sun is out, and the young guys are squealing their tires around town that gets the blood pumping again. Or better yet, go to the track next spring without your truck as a spectator and see how long you last...

John I.
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon November 9th 2009, 6:06 pm

That Montana cold probably don't help. Hell when it gets 20* here I get depressed. Crying or Very sad Hang in there buddy Wink

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  jones November 9th 2009, 7:07 pm

I know the feeling, I have been screwing around for 4 years and have yet to go down the race track. It seems other crap just keeps getting more and more exspensive and less for the hobby. I remember back when it was nothing to spend $500 a weekend RC car racing. Back in 2000-2003 which made me realize I could probably build my own race car for that much. Yet now $50 a week is ruff! LOL

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblockfox468 November 9th 2009, 8:14 pm

Doug,

I'm gonna say the same as all the rest.

Hang in there, don't do anything rash, give it some time and things will become clearer after some time and I know you will make the right decision be what it may be. Take care Buddy Exclamation Exclamation
bigblockfox468
bigblockfox468
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Moodyblues November 9th 2009, 9:52 pm

Hang in there winter is coming and that wets a racers spirits. I raced headsup saturday and redlight on a .400 pro tree and it didn't bother me too much. Your just probably tired like the rest of us.
Moodyblues
Moodyblues

http://www.russhoodinsurance.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dirtbogger November 9th 2009, 9:55 pm

KY JELLY wrote:Hang in there Doug , just take a little break you will get back in the mood. Very Happy
Don't do it man!!! You will regret it. Stuffs hard to replace. Just put it on the back burner for a while. it'll be there then when you're ready for it!!! Smile

dirtbogger

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf November 9th 2009, 11:05 pm

Your probably just wore out from that compilation you made last week. Very Happy I would just hang on for awhile cux come spring time I bet you'll be getting the fever.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 November 9th 2009, 11:24 pm

If its the cold got you down come to Oklahoma, had to run home at lunch and put my shorts on, A/C been runnin like crazy here lately.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  westsideford November 9th 2009, 11:27 pm

I feel the same as the rest Doug.. Take a break.. Man you were running good this year.. Your Awesome Bud!
westsideford
westsideford

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranch71460 November 9th 2009, 11:32 pm

Ya can't give up Doug Shocked I didn't mention it in Mission but I had a semi riding over to the staging lanes from the sound of your 521 Wink
Ranch71460
Ranch71460

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle November 9th 2009, 11:46 pm

Doug,

Just take a break from it. don't go off the deep end and sell it. Hell, I've had my current ride for 4 years and it's never touched the track. But, it's been 10 years since I've taken one of my own cars down the strip!!!

Don't sell it. Hell we don't even want it!!! We'll make you keep it!

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  138 November 9th 2009, 11:49 pm

everything gets old after awhile... take this winter to get away from it. next spring is a world away

Back to top Go down

Post  uf63 November 10th 2009, 1:16 am

Hey Big Shooter, that rig has been your therapy to help you clear your mind and get focussed on your life. We've had conversations in the past that were gut wrenching as we watched and talked about what you guys were going through. Like the guy's are saying step back go do some hunting go the your son's game's give it a break but also give it a chance in the spring. I did the same thing with fishing, got rid of my boats and all my tackle now I have to rent a boat if I want o go because it cost to much to replace it. Think about it Bro before you do anything rash. We LOVE YA! Hang in there Brother. Be Cool Ben
uf63
uf63

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Maxwell November 10th 2009, 10:12 am

Keep your head up Doug.
I just went through a major bought of the downs.
Still have some depression, but getting out in the garage a few times a week has helped for me. Finally being back on 3rd instead of 2nd helped alot also.
Maybe you just need a change of venue for a bit.
If you would like to talk about anything, just shoot me a pm and I will call you.
Your fellow BBF Truck man.
Dave

Dave Maxwell

Back to top Go down

Post  RapidRuss November 10th 2009, 10:43 am

Damn Doug ! Say it aint so Bro !!!

Hell you had a great season and were looking forward to building another motor for next year.. But Hell Rome wasnt built in a day either ! You've come along way in a very short amount of time..and maybe your just pushing your self too hard...

I remember years ago with the Altered..We were hitting all the tracks out in SoCal every weekend..and did that for a couple of years...and we got burned out ..Mostly all the travel and road time.. So the Car sat in my Buddy's shop for a year..and finally went up for-sale... We regreted it to this day..

I thought after raising a family and grandkids...the money well would open back up and I could get back into it in a heart beat...Boy was I kidding myself...I have been playing hell the last few years just trying to get something going ! Anything... I'am such a gearhead that everynight before I roll off to sleep that the last thing on my mind.. Wanting to get behind the wheels again..the sounds and smells....YeeHaaa!!!

As mentioned above...Just wait til the season starts again....and get to the track without the Truck and watch ! I'll bet a dollar to a donut..the next week your out there with your ride !

Take Care Bud !!
RapidRuss
RapidRuss

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next