BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Navistar Auction

+3
bbf-falcon
schmitty
Tore
7 posters

Go down

International Navistar Auction Empty International Navistar Auction

Post  Tore 9th November 2009, 19:57

I just thought I would throw this out. I received an Auction notification that International Navistar facility that build the Ford 6.0 & 6.4 is being Auctioned off in 2 weeks. It said it was 1 million square ft of manufacturing equipment. According to the list it is everything that is necessary to build engines. When I read it I thought how many people lost their jobs now.

Tore
Tore
Tore

Back to top Go down

International Navistar Auction Empty Re: International Navistar Auction

Post  schmitty 9th November 2009, 22:34

Might be a bit of a trade off on those jobs. Even though Navistar isn't going to build engines for Ford, they are going to start building a 15L class 8 truck motor. Caterpillar is out of the Class 8 market and International has been wanting their own motor for their Class 8 OTR trucks. Word is that Cat sold them the blueprints and castings for the C15 motor. Cat has run out of emissions credits to build that motor, and Navistar has been banking up plenty of credits and can build that motor for many years to come. So I'm guessing that even though there are jobs lost in that facility, there will be jobs in a new one to produce the 15L motor. Cool
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon 9th November 2009, 23:34

Interesting Tore, Thanks

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Tore 10th November 2009, 09:05

I dont think the general public realizes how many manufacturing facilities have closed in the USA and Canada over the last year. Just last week I received auction notifications for 13 manufacturing facilities and 5 yesterday. That doesnt include all the other types of facilities like landscapping, construction companies, excavating companies. You name it and I have probably seen an auction brochure for it. To many famalies out of work for a long time.

Tore
Tore
Tore

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon 10th November 2009, 10:33

Sad Sad

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty 10th November 2009, 11:34

There is a person who is to blame for this, but I'm biting my tongue. Evil or Very Mad
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt 10th November 2009, 12:42

schmitty wrote:There is a person who is to blame for this, but I'm biting my tongue. Evil or Very Mad

The fire that started in the mid '90s is to blame for our current problems. We now have a savior putting it out with fire hydrant hooked up to a fuel tank. Evil or Very Mad
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  8liter 10th November 2009, 23:27

Curt wrote:
schmitty wrote:There is a person who is to blame for this, but I'm biting my tongue. Evil or Very Mad

The fire that started in the mid '90s is to blame for our current problems. We now have a savior putting it out with fire hydrant hooked up to a fuel tank. Evil or Very Mad

Fire dept got an 8 year case of pyrophobia..... Rolling Eyes
8liter
8liter

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt 12th November 2009, 21:04

8liter wrote:Fire dept got an 8 year case of pyrophobia..... Rolling Eyes

If your talking about 8 years of the burning Bush, I have to agree. Luckly the fire was only a controlled burn during those years.
The only fix is to put all of the fire starters out of a job next election, and I mean all of them.

The larger the government grows, the smaller the individual becomes.
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans 12th November 2009, 22:44

Tore wrote:I dont think the general public realizes how many manufacturing facilities have closed in the USA and Canada over the last year. Just last week I received auction notifications for 13 manufacturing facilities and 5 yesterday. That doesnt include all the other types of facilities like landscapping, construction companies, excavating companies. You name it and I have probably seen an auction brochure for it. To many famalies out of work for a long time.

Tore
Last 20 years .

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  waypastcrazy 13th November 2009, 00:04

texttile industies also. over 500 here where i live.i was in that field for 17 yrs lead tech for 10 of those and poof it was gone.almost over night.most of it went to honduras and places of that sort.was offered a job there back in 02 but said no thanks!
waypastcrazy
waypastcrazy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down