BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ladder bar car rear coil over straight up or angled ?

4 posters

Go down

ladder bar car rear coil over straight up or angled ?  Empty ladder bar car rear coil over straight up or angled ?

Post  5pointslow May 19th 2014, 8:22 pm

my maverick i picked up , i notice the rear coil overs are angled towards the front of the car ....i sthi sfine or should they be straight up ?

Thanks
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

ladder bar car rear coil over straight up or angled ?  Empty Re: ladder bar car rear coil over straight up or angled ?

Post  Dave C. May 19th 2014, 9:57 pm

Mine are.

Dave C.

Back to top Go down

ladder bar car rear coil over straight up or angled ?  Empty Re: ladder bar car rear coil over straight up or angled ?

Post  richter69 May 19th 2014, 10:28 pm

Mine are angled back at the top just a touch, it aint that picky.....
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE May 20th 2014, 1:48 am

Having the coilover's angled forward or backward a very small amout usually isn't a big deal as long as the shocks/springs clear the rear housing assembly during the entire suspension travel. The reason some builders angle the rear shocks forward or backward a small amout has to do with the shock's changing C/L angle in relation to the arc the housing travels in during the full suspension travel.

Just remember that the more you angle the shocks (forward, backward, or inward) in relation to the suspension's travel path/arc, the more it can effect the total suspension travel distance, & shock valving/dampening effort, & required spring rate.
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  5pointslow May 20th 2014, 11:06 am

may need to take picture to show , im taking rear end out to get put together and set up .

it angles forward , and coil is rubbing the bracket which cant be good . I issue is its on jack stand and not on the ground . The nose is point down not at anywere near correct ride height ect with junk front wheels to roll on.

36 inch ladder bars i think they were slapped in not adjusted or near anywere they need to be as well
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down