BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

She`s finally home!!!

+4
schmitty
Mark Miller
cletus66
torkair
8 posters

Go down

She`s finally home!!! Empty She`s finally home!!!

Post  torkair November 10th 2009, 5:03 am

Today was finally the day to go and get my new (to me) 72 Gran Torino!!! I took a few pics on my cell phone and if anyone would be willing to post them for me Ill send them off to you. Shes a pretty clean car (unless you include all the AZ dust), got almost all the origional trim on her and what isnt there I either already have replacements for or it doesnt really matter, like those pieces of trim that go across the rear valance (missing one of them so the other one will come off too). The interior is pretty chewed up but alot of that will be mix and match pieces and look pretty slick once its done as well. Im really happy about finding an actual "sport" formal roof car and am amazed at the difference in suspension components from my first 72 Torino (build date 10/71) amd this new one (build date 5/72). On top of that Ive got a new GF that gets why I love these cars, I think she may be a keeper too :p I love you
torkair
torkair

Back to top Go down

She`s finally home!!! Empty Re: She`s finally home!!!

Post  cletus66 November 11th 2009, 7:32 pm

Get a photobucket account and post away. I think there is a sticky. We demand pics !! Laughing
cletus66
cletus66

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller November 12th 2009, 2:18 am

If you get the pictures on Photobucket post some pictures on here.

Later Mark.

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  torkair November 12th 2009, 5:27 pm

I do have a photobucket I just dont have access to a real computer so getting the pics up is a little difficult, lol.
torkair
torkair

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty November 13th 2009, 12:11 am

She`s finally home!!! Imagejpeg_2_2
She`s finally home!!! Imagejpeg_2_4
She`s finally home!!! Imagejpeg_2_3
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  4thHorseman November 13th 2009, 12:37 am

Congrats on the car!
4thHorseman
4thHorseman

Back to top Go down

Post  torkair November 13th 2009, 7:29 pm

Thanks again schmitty! It was a pretty "interesting" ride getting her home, every little bump in the road had that trailer bouncing all over the place! Now Ive gotta get that 72 Tbird home so I can pull the 429 out and part out the rest of it out. Also got a new job as a pharmacy tech (about time too) so Ill be able to step up the build rate on this project.
torkair
torkair

Back to top Go down

Post  waypastcrazy November 13th 2009, 9:12 pm

cool car. if we dont save them our government will make sure they get disposed of. Mad
waypastcrazy
waypastcrazy

Back to top Go down

Post  torkair November 13th 2009, 10:27 pm

Ya I keep hoping to find some good "fish mouth" parts at the local yards but the usual "We crushed a coupole of those just the other day" story keeps poping up. I hate this chevy town I live in but at least I can pick up the good Ford stuff up on the cheap when I do manage to find it.
torkair
torkair

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller November 14th 2009, 1:39 am

Hey thanks for the pictures,it looks pretty solid and the chrome looks like it will clean up nice.Did it come from the factory with the 429 if so it might be kind of rare.

Later Mark.

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  torkair November 14th 2009, 11:21 pm

As much as I wish it were an origional "N" code car its only an "F" code 302/c4/9" car, but that doesnt matter since Im building it the way I want it, ie: beefed up 429/t56/3.50 gear 9".
torkair
torkair

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori November 14th 2009, 11:27 pm

I love those '72 Torino's!! I was looking for one but they are going for a big $$ now. Only one year too Mad

Should be a nice ride!!

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  torkair November 15th 2009, 12:24 am

Ya theyre hard to find and about half the people that have one think theyre super valuable and the other half sell them for pennies to the dollar. I hope to eventually have a 72 sport roof, 72 4 door, 72 station wagon, 72 ranchero, and maby if Im lucky a 79 ranchero with a 72 Montiego GT front end swap.
torkair
torkair

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller November 15th 2009, 2:32 am

Yeah i re read your post and seen the 429 was out of a T-Bird.Did those cars come with 8" or 9" rear ends when they came with 302's?

Thanks Mark.

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  torkair November 15th 2009, 2:53 am

the early 72s came with the 8" but mid production they changed it to 9" for all of them, even the "L" code I6. I have one of the early 72s out at my parents plave with the 8" and 3.25 trac-lok gears. Its top speed was 92 mph, but it hit that 92 mark in a hurry.
torkair
torkair

Back to top Go down

Post  cletus66 November 19th 2009, 9:20 pm

Cool car. I always liked that year front end. Cool
cletus66
cletus66

Back to top Go down

Post  longroofracer November 19th 2009, 10:12 pm

torkair wrote:Ya I keep hoping to find some good "fish mouth" parts at the local yards but the usual "We crushed a coupole of those just the other day" story keeps poping up. I hate this chevy town I live in but at least I can pick up the good Ford stuff up on the cheap when I do manage to find it.

What parts are you looking for? I have a small incomplete collection of "driver quality" 72 parts I was going to replace on a 73 Ranchero... although I would like to see them all go away at once.
longroofracer
longroofracer

Back to top Go down

Post  torkair November 20th 2009, 3:50 am

longroofracer wrote:
torkair wrote:Ya I keep hoping to find some good "fish mouth" parts at the local yards but the usual "We crushed a coupole of those just the other day" story keeps poping up. I hate this chevy town I live in but at least I can pick up the good Ford stuff up on the cheap when I do manage to find it.

What parts are you looking for? I have a small incomplete collection of "driver quality" 72 parts I was going to replace on a 73 Ranchero... although I would like to see them all go away at once.
just parts in general most of the local yards dont keep any old iron around and just crush away like its no big deal. I would be really happy to get my hands on the piece of chrome trim that goes around the grill that isnt all dented or otherwise messed up, also looking to get a trans tunnel hump but I think Ive got one nailed down already
torkair
torkair

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down