BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transmission cooler upgrade

2 posters

Go down

Transmission cooler upgrade Empty Transmission cooler upgrade

Post  Doug Rahn March 4th 2015, 6:54 am

I looking at upgrading to the bigger 6.0 trans cooler on the F350 I recently purchased. It's my understanding that the stock lines are 3/8" and the larger 6.0 is 1/2". Should I just use barbed hose reducer fittings, or use 1/2" line all the way to the transmission? What size and kind of fittings are in the transmission case where the lines connect?
Doug Rahn
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/228081

Back to top Go down

Transmission cooler upgrade Empty Re: Transmission cooler upgrade

Post  David Willingham March 5th 2015, 1:36 pm

Doug, mine has a hose kit from Brian's Truck Shop and it's nothing more than a few fittings and some short pieces of hose. It still has the factory lines I believe. I can look after while if you want for an exact list of parts.
David Willingham
David Willingham
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  David Willingham March 7th 2015, 7:09 pm

Doug, I looked at mine. The factory lines come up the passenger side. One of them connects to the pass side radiator fitting with all OEM connections; the other line has been cut off and a rubber trans line has been hose clamped on. It goes to the passenger side of the 6.0 cooler. The driver's side of the 6.0 cooler goes to the driver's side radiator fitting. There are 90° fittings just on top of the heavy square tube that runs across between the frame rails with rubber trans lines going straight up to the bottom of the 6.0 cooler. The 90° have to be used or the lines will kink.
David Willingham
David Willingham
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Rahn March 8th 2015, 1:03 pm

Thanks David, I'll tackle the cooler after I get my fuel leak fixed. I've been fixing all kinds of little things to get it in good shape for traveling. It's one reason I got it for a good price. I pointed out to the guy everything I saw that didn't work, was missing, or needed to be replaced and he snatched up that money Laughing Laughing
Doug Rahn
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/228081

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down