BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back half and cage $?

5 posters

Go down

Back half and cage $? Empty Back half and cage $?

Post  jason January 14th 2016, 5:53 am

I was wondering what people are paying for labor on square tube four link back half and 10 point roll cage ? I'm just curious to see if I'm charging to much.
jason
jason

Back to top Go down

Back half and cage $? Empty Re: Back half and cage $?

Post  DILLIGASDAVE January 14th 2016, 7:45 am

Meh, labor prices can be subjective & vary quite a bit depending on what part of the country the work is being done (local cost of living differences and all that).

But IMO if you remove the box/square/rectangular tube, and make it all round tube........

Labor alone on a simple NHRA/IHRA legal 8.50 & slower all round tube mild steel back-half frame/cage build built on jackstands off the shop floor & Mig welded can easily start at say $3500 just for the labor IMO.

Same back-half build gets a labor price bump if it's built on a chassis jig instead of jackstands.

Another labor price bump if it's a SFI legal build instead of 8.50 & slower.

Another labor price bump if it's Tig welded instead of Mig.

A smaller labor price bump for flush mounted Lexan using OEM window lip + a "spacer".

A bigger labor price bump for flush mounted Lexan using a new fabricated/welded flush window lip.

A labor price bump depending on if the car is dropped off full interior vs already being gutted.

A labor price bump depending on how much rear inner body structure will be left intact vs needing cut out.

A small labor price bump if it's all 'moly tubing instead of mild steel tubing.

No/zero labor difference between the various different "legal" (ASTM A519 or ASTM A513) forms of "mild steel" tubing (like DOM no visible seam, or cold rolled welded seam, or hot rolled welded seam, or etc etc) that can be/often is used for the main cage structure (like 1.625 x .120 DOM, or 1.625 x .134 CREW, or 1.625 x .134 HREW, or 1.660 x .134 HREW, or 1.750 x .120 DOM, or 1.750 x .134 CREW, or 1.750 x .134 HREW).
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  gmsmkr January 14th 2016, 9:56 am

jason wrote:I was wondering what people are paying for labor on square tube four link back half and 10 point roll cage ? I'm just curious to see if I'm charging to much.

I normally charge 800$ to install a pre bent cage ( just labor )
To do a back half is 1500$ with pre bent framework ( just labor )

my rates are cheaper than most local to me but my shop is payed for so I don't have the over head alot of guys have..

All this is mild steel work

Custom gets alot more expensive
gmsmkr
gmsmkr

Back to top Go down

Post  jason January 15th 2016, 2:28 am

Ok thanks! I'm doing an s-10 for a guy. Back half ,wishbone, ARB, 8.50 mild steel cage(tig welded), and tie the body to the chassis, $3000.
jason
jason

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper January 16th 2016, 1:34 am

jason wrote:Ok thanks! I'm doing an s-10 for a guy. Back half ,wishbone, ARB, 8.50 mild steel cage(tig welded), and tie the body to the chassis, $3000.

We'd probably be around 5000-6000 labor but we do a lot of things most shops don't as part of the package.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  johndickjr February 15th 2016, 9:40 am

I was quoted from several shops from Texas. oklahoma. .Arkansas. .Kansas for back half and cage for my falcon and all was bare min of $3500-4000 and more then likely closer to $5000

johndickjr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down