BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bore vs stroke

+9
wickettoby1
Copperhead
Lem Evans
Hardy
whatbumper
dfree383
cool40
gmsmkr
jason
13 posters

Go down

Bore vs stroke - Page 2 Empty Re: Bore vs stroke

Post  BBFTorino February 3rd 2016, 1:02 am

jason wrote:Great info guys! Thanks! I'm planning on a premium block, Bryant crank,Oliver rods. Not sure on the heads compression or even what cubic inch to make it. I would like to make around 2,000 hp.
With good parts, you can make 2000 at 460 inches!!

BBFTorino

Back to top Go down

Post  chappy89 February 8th 2016, 5:25 pm

I have a 4.5 stroke, 4.600 bore. 598". I have no problems running over 9000 rpm at 30+ #'s of boost, with twin 88's. My valve train took some time to get right, but now it's all good.

Chappy

chappy89

Back to top Go down

Post  JR Performance Motorsport February 14th 2016, 5:42 pm

I dont mean to highjack the thread, but I am getting ready to build a new engine for my '91 F350. I am thinking of using a Turbo and going small bore long stroke. Now this is a every day truck. It sees alot of High Way use. I want the duel milage to be close to or around 20mpg. My cruise rpm is around 2K. It needs to make is power there or it would be a waste of effort and money. For eveyday use what would be max compression ratio, also what size turbo should be used.?

JR Performance Motorsport

http://www.e-PerformanceMarine.com

Back to top Go down

Post  garys gt February 16th 2016, 11:43 am

JR Performance Motorsport wrote:I dont mean to highjack the thread, but I am getting ready to build a new engine for my '91 F350. I am thinking of using a Turbo and going small bore long stroke. Now this is a every day truck. It sees alot of High Way use. I want the duel milage to be close to or around 20mpg. My cruise rpm is around 2K. It needs to make is power there or it would be a waste of effort and money. For eveyday use what would be max compression ratio, also what size turbo should be used.?
making a gas engine operating like a diesel. Like to see how that turns out.

garys gt

Back to top Go down

Post  JR Performance Motorsport February 16th 2016, 5:01 pm

garys gt wrote:
JR Performance Motorsport wrote:I dont mean to highjack the thread, but I am getting ready to build a new engine for my '91 F350. I am thinking of using a Turbo and going small bore long stroke. Now this is a every day truck. It sees alot of High Way use. I want the fuel milage to be close to or around 20mpg. My cruise rpm is around 2K. It needs to make is power there or it would be a waste of effort and money. For eveyday use what would be max compression ratio, also what size turbo should be used.?
making a gas engine operating like a diesel. Like to see how that turns out.

The funny thing is it has been for a very long time, it runs @1900 around 70mph. That poor old dog has a lil over a million miles on it now. It just needs more power and efficiancy, well thats what i want.

JR Performance Motorsport

http://www.e-PerformanceMarine.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down