BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A429 missing accessory bolt hole

3 posters

Go down

A429 missing accessory bolt hole Empty A429 missing accessory bolt hole

Post  paperman January 30th 2016, 8:41 pm

I am installing an engine in a 96 F350. The cerp' accessory bracket on drivers side needs to use the upper outermost bolt hole. The E7 head has this hole tapped and the A429 has the one just below it tapped. There is a boss cast in the head, my question is do I need to worry about water under that hole. Lets say 1/2" or so deep.

paperman

Back to top Go down

A429 missing accessory bolt hole Empty Re: A429 missing accessory bolt hole

Post  maverick January 30th 2016, 9:41 pm

1/2" isn't very deep when installing a stressed fastener in aluminum. I'd want it deeper if it was mine. Check the depth on the E7 head.... if you're not comfortable going near that deep, go a little shallower and use a helicoil type thread insert to add strength. I'd be surprised if you hit water...but if you do, put some sealer on that bolt. Lots of engines have bolt holes into water passages. Just ask any MoPar guy. Rolling Eyes
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon January 31st 2016, 1:31 pm

maverick wrote:1/2" isn't very deep when installing a stressed fastener in aluminum. I'd want it deeper if it was mine. Check the depth on the E7 head.... if you're not comfortable going near that deep, go a little shallower and use a helicoil type thread insert to add strength.  I'd be surprised if you hit water...but if you do, put some sealer on that bolt. Lots of engines have bolt holes into water passages. Just ask any MoPar guy. Rolling Eyes

X2

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down