BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thoughts on working the TFS streets at the bolt hole area??

3 posters

Go down

Thoughts on working the TFS streets at the bolt hole area?? Empty Thoughts on working the TFS streets at the bolt hole area??

Post  ED468 February 27th 2023, 8:36 pm

I have read and heard on stock max ported heads that taking off as much of the head  bolt hole bump area as possible help extend power band. Being a raised runner head with smaller  then some of the others exit. I  figured it be worth a shot. Being a 521 heard the exhaust needs help to make good power to 7,000, might use 10 degree spread on cam. Plan on street driving so 270-280 .050 be about as big as I'm willing to go. Figured a little more CC port might help the exhaust too? Forgot to mention ports flow 260 cfm without a pipe. Average 385 cfm intake for now.

Last edited by ED468 on February 28th 2023, 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added flow exhaust)

ED468

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on working the TFS streets at the bolt hole area?? Empty Re: Thoughts on working the TFS streets at the bolt hole area??

Post  rmcomprandy February 28th 2023, 11:09 am

ED468 wrote:I have read and heard on stock max ported heads that taking off as much of the head  bolt hole bump area as possible help extend power band. Being a raised runner head with smaller  then some of the others exit. I  figured it be worth a shot. Being a 521 heard the exhaust needs help to make good power to 7,000, might use 10 degree spread on cam. Plan on street driving so 270-280 .050 be about as big as I'm willing to go. Figured a little more CC port might help the exhaust too? Forgot to mention ports flow 260 cfm without a pipe. Average 385 cfm intake for now.

Open the hole to 5/8", then port it till you just break through, then install brass or stainless tubing in the hole.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

The Mad Porter and HPbyGD like this post

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on working the TFS streets at the bolt hole area?? Empty Re: Thoughts on working the TFS streets at the bolt hole area??

Post  supervel45 February 28th 2023, 6:36 pm

Checkout Kaase's 521 dyno sheets. I think your peek will be a little lower than his P-51's.

https://www.429-460.com/t27219p75-jon-kaase-sr71-cylinder-heads

Kaase likes the bigger is better, and a few others like to open up the bolt hole on the exhaust that I have seen.

supervel45

ED468 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on working the TFS streets at the bolt hole area?? Empty Sealor do you use?

Post  ED468 February 28th 2023, 7:07 pm

[quote="rmcomprandy"]
ED468 wrote:I have read and heard on stock max ported heads that taking off as much of the head  bolt hole bump area as possible help extend power band. Being a raised runner head with smaller  then some of the others exit. I  figured it be worth a shot. Being a 521 heard the exhaust needs help to make good power to 7,000, might use 10 degree spread on cam. Plan on street driving so 270-280 .050 be about as big as I'm willing to go. Figured a little more CC port might help the exhaust too? Forgot to mention ports flow 260 cfm without a pipe. Average 385 cfm intake for now.

Open the hole to 5/8", then port it till you just break through, then install brass or stainless tubing in the hole.[/quote

What Sealor hold up to exhaust heat? High temp silicone?

ED468

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy February 28th 2023, 8:48 pm

ED468 wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:

Open the hole to 5/8", then port it till you just break through, then install brass or stainless tubing in the hole.[/quote

What Sealor hold up to exhaust heat? High temp silicone?

When you make them "press fit" or "on-size" fit, no sealer is necessary.
Although, it isn't necessary, I use a bit of "Milk of Magnesia" so they go in easier.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down