BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parachute advice

5 posters

Go down

Parachute advice Empty Parachute advice

Post  dirt_worker February 12th 2016, 2:38 pm

Hey guys..im ready to step up my game and need to add a parachute to be legal. This will be on my street legal 3800# f100. Im anticipating 150-160 mph top speed. I know absolutely nothing about parachutes and need your help. What size do you guys recommend? Any do's and dont or real world advice would be really helpful.
dirt_worker
dirt_worker

Back to top Go down

Parachute advice Empty Re: Parachute advice

Post  cool40 February 12th 2016, 8:54 pm

I'm not sure which you'll need at that weight and speed but I highly recommend Stroud products. They are very helpful and nice to do business with.
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dirt_worker February 12th 2016, 9:24 pm

cool40 wrote:I'm not sure which you'll need at that weight and speed but I highly recommend Stroud products. They are very helpful and nice to do business with.

Thanks, I keep hearing the same about Stroud. Havent called them yet but looking at their site id say the 430-32 is prob what id need.
dirt_worker
dirt_worker

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 February 12th 2016, 10:55 pm

Also if you plan to use it much I'd go ahead and get a launcher now. I like the spring launcher personally but you do have to set it up, unlike the air deal. If it's a " just in case" or just for passing tec the standard setup is fine but a real pia to deal with by yourself. Cool
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt February 13th 2016, 1:31 am

Remember that when you buy from Bob Stroud, that you are buying from one of the biggest supporters of short SFI dates that affect both yours and his pocket books. Yeah, he's got a good product, but obviously, one that he doesn't believe will last.
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE February 13th 2016, 8:53 am

X2 on using Stroud & a spring launcher. Stroud's use of a deployment bag makes packing the 'chute so much easier. And with a spring launcher you never have to worry about all the extra hardware & CO2 bottle the air launcher needs.

As for Stroud's 'chute life span, any brand 'chute is going to look like crap after a full season of use on any car that needs to use the 'chute on every pass. Stroud's deployment bag does get beat up quite a bit and can look really tattered after a full season of use because it does spend a lot of time being drug on the ground. The deployment bag should be thought of as a maintenance/throwaway item that will need to be replaced when it gets too tattered from a lot of use.
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  CDMBill July 1st 2016, 5:20 pm

I got mine from Stroud and I appreciated the time they took to explain it to me. I try not to spend money twice so I went with a spring launcher as SCTA rules require that as opposed to an air launcher and I will be doing some standing mile and half mile stuff as well as El Mirage eventually. The chute they specified for drag racing(150-175 MPH) is very different than the one they want me to use for LSR at 200+. (I only bought the drag race chute for now) I fabbed my own set up for the chute canister launcher and chute line attachment as needs to be easily swapped for the trailer hitch. (Drag Week issues). Chute line attachment point wants to be on the vertical center of gravity which is roughly the camshaft centerline on cars. Not so sure about your F100.

CDMBill

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down