BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Less than a month till the Ford Race and all is quiet.

+27
Doug Rahn
D. Sea
bigblok2000ranger
IDT-572
JACKAZZFLATZ
cool40
bruno
79ford pickup
514Fox87
Hardy
whitefield
supervel45
83-88T-Bird Guy
Wes Littrell
QtrWarrior
crittersf1
Moodyblues
61coon
69F100
BOSS 429
maverick
dfree383
Race Ready Fabrications
dr's wife racing
rmcomprandy
gmsmkr
biglucky
31 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Less than a month till the Ford Race and all is quiet.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Less than a month till the Ford Race and all is quiet.

Post  Moodyblues June 5th 2016, 10:50 am

dr's wife racing wrote:Since I can't get a rise out George I'll let the cat out of the bag. Everybody knows Ive been held up by trans issues. So I'll be bringing a basically untested small tire car. It has a grand total of 7 motor pass's. None on spray. It is going to rain here today.  I dont want to turn it into a high speed lane changer trying to max it out I'm just looking at this as a fun vacation and a long T&T. Look forward to seeing everybody

Hey Ward same here. New Tranny setup with no passes. I won a local heads up race against a pro mod when he red lighted in the final and I blew the tranny in mine. I did have a .401 light, lol

Moodyblues
Moodyblues

http://www.russhoodinsurance.com

Back to top Go down

Less than a month till the Ford Race and all is quiet.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Less than a month till the Ford Race and all is quiet.

Post  rmcomprandy June 5th 2016, 11:15 am

Moodyblues wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:
Moodyblues wrote:
dr's wife racing wrote:
Moodyblues wrote:Waiting for my new tranny to get here.  I may not get to make a pass on it before I get there but I will be in the house!   That ol glide wouldnt hold this Snake HP!
If you stay with the same converter and same ratio in trans it shouldn't be a big deal

changed from a 1.76 to a 1.82 straight cut.....

A couple hundred more RPM drop on the gear change and a better 60 foot ... IF you can hook it up.

Hey Randy I told you wrong it's a 1.80 straight cut, pro brake, aftermarket SFI case.   Nice piece Blake picked up for me.  

Each tenth of a ratio will usually equate to about 30 or so RPM difference for the gear change drop from low to high gear; (a little less considering converter slippage).

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing June 5th 2016, 1:25 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:
Moodyblues wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:
Moodyblues wrote:
dr's wife racing wrote:
Moodyblues wrote:Waiting for my new tranny to get here.  I may not get to make a pass on it before I get there but I will be in the house!   That ol glide wouldnt hold this Snake HP!
If you stay with the same converter and same ratio in trans it shouldn't be a big deal

A couple hundred more RPM drop on the gear change and a better 60 foot ... IF you can hook it up.

Hey Randy I told you wrong it's a 1.80 straight cut, pro brake, aftermarket SFI case.   Nice piece Blake picked up for me.  

Each tenth of a ratio will usually equate to about 30 or so RPM difference for the gear change drop from low to high gear; (a little less considering converter slippage).

Glad you won one. Randy I love the insight y'all bring to the table. You provide info off the top of your head that you can't buy
I bet that you have the same trans I have. Mine is one Blake had orderd for Dave Freelander. Dave decided not to complete the build and sold it to me. It was new. Just had a prob. It worked great last outing.
This race is all about friends and fun. Looking forward to seeing every one there

dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Moodyblues June 5th 2016, 10:34 pm

dr's wife racing wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:
Moodyblues wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:
Moodyblues wrote:
dr's wife racing wrote:

Glad you won one. Randy I love the insight y'all bring to the table. You provide info off the top of your head that you can't buy
I bet that you have the same trans I have. Mine is one Blake had orderd for Dave Freelander. Dave decided not to complete the build and sold it to me. It was new. Just had a prob. It worked great last outing.
This race is all about friends and fun. Looking forward to seeing every one there

I agree can't wait to see those I know and make some new friends too.

Moodyblues
Moodyblues

Back to top Go down

Post  61coon June 5th 2016, 11:54 pm

Looking forward to this weekend! I'm leaving here Thursday morning headin to US 60. This weekend will be the 2nd time my car has been down the track, So, we'll see how it goes. LOL. Hope everyone has safe travels and we'll see y'all there! ---RED
61coon
61coon

Back to top Go down

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy June 6th 2016, 7:12 am

Looking forward to this weekend as well.

I got the cooling system working exactly how I wanted on the red GT so now it's time to see if this baby will be a decent bracket racer Very Happy

See everyone there !
83-88T-Bird Guy
83-88T-Bird Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea June 6th 2016, 8:11 am

Going to wash the dust off my car today or tomorrow and load it in the trailer. We plan on heading that way early Friday morning. Looking forward to seeing you guys again.

Anyone run in the 5.90 to 6.0 range want to run some heads up Friday?
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing June 6th 2016, 8:27 am

D. Sea wrote:Going to wash the dust off my car today or tomorrow and load it in the trailer.  We plan on heading that way early Friday morning.  Looking forward to seeing you guys again.

I think that's about where mine runs Very Happy
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea June 6th 2016, 8:56 am

dr's wife racing wrote:
D. Sea wrote:Going to wash the dust off my car today or tomorrow and load it in the trailer.  We plan on heading that way early Friday morning.  Looking forward to seeing you guys again.

Don't even.... LOL!
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy June 6th 2016, 9:47 am

Glad to hear that Damon !
It will be good to see you again
83-88T-Bird Guy
83-88T-Bird Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  61coon June 6th 2016, 10:44 am

Glad you're gonna be there Damon! It's been too long
61coon
61coon

Back to top Go down

Post  61coon June 6th 2016, 10:45 am

It may be on this thread or another, but, will the gates be open Thursday for us to go ahead and get in a hang out ?
61coon
61coon

Back to top Go down

Post  Moodyblues June 6th 2016, 12:55 pm

Sounds as though we will be eating well..........................
Moodyblues
Moodyblues

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes Littrell June 6th 2016, 2:16 pm

61coon wrote:It may be on this thread or another, but, will the gates be open Thursday for us to go ahead and get in a hang out ?
Yes. They will be there Thursday.
Wes Littrell
Wes Littrell

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick June 6th 2016, 3:18 pm

Damon, look for a white Maverick in the other lane. Cool

I'm bringing my bracket brawler. It will likely be driven by my Chevy buddy Jerry during tnt on Friday. He's been out of a seat for too long and needs some laps. Everybody feel free to pick on him.
I'll race it Saturday...be sure to go easy on me. Razz

By the way, guys...When your car goes to the water box FOR THE FIRST TIME OFF THE TRAILER, be sure to put a dial in on the car NO MATTER WHAT CLASS YOU PLAN TO RACE, even if you're only there to tnt. There is NO ENTRY FEE to take your "Shot in the Dark" (named after my business) It's a free shot at a $500 cash prize for the best package right off the trailer. My Maverick is the only car that's not eligible.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Moodyblues June 6th 2016, 3:35 pm

Everyone going to the Steakhouse Thursday Night about 6? Ooops guess I should have read the next thread.
Moodyblues
Moodyblues

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea June 6th 2016, 4:03 pm

Kim,

It's on like donkey kong! See you in the next lane...

I suspect the air won't be that great so I'll go ahead and put my off the trailer dial in at 6.01 What a Face

D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick June 6th 2016, 4:15 pm

D. Sea wrote:Kim,

It's on like donkey kong!   See you in the next lane...

I suspect the air won't be that great so I'll go ahead and put my off the trailer dial in at 6.01    What a Face

Better dust off the practice tree. Wink
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea June 6th 2016, 4:20 pm

Pppppffffttttttt.............

Practice trees are for noobs LOL!

D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick June 6th 2016, 4:26 pm

D. Sea wrote:Pppppffffttttttt.............

Practice trees are for noobs   LOL!

....and for guys with dusty racecars. Razz
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  514Fox87 June 6th 2016, 4:33 pm

I'm rolling out of Delaware sometime Wed. afternoon. Gonna put several hours behind me, find a motel and get a good nights rest then arrive between 12-2pm for the fun.
514Fox87
514Fox87

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior June 6th 2016, 5:18 pm

Ga Boyz leaving out Wednesday night..
Be at the track late Thursday morning...

Nefarious Ga Boyz... Ky bound !!!
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy June 6th 2016, 6:40 pm

Leaving sometime Thursday evening after getting some work done, catching a few zz's in a rest area along the way and getting there early Friday morning.

About the time Keith is usually coming back from McDonald's getting his morning coffee.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing June 6th 2016, 8:57 pm

D. Sea wrote:
dr's wife racing wrote:

Don't even....    LOL!
It might be close if you will give me the hit or the back tire.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick June 6th 2016, 9:16 pm

Ward, I think I can hang with your car...but only if you tow Damon's car with yours. Rolling Eyes
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next