BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything you always wanted to know about a BBF

+14
maverick
rmcomprandy
4604X4
cool40
octanehuffer
FalconEh
supervel45
gt350hr
lance flake
68formalGT
Mark O'Neal
dfree383
Scott Foxwell
Lem Evans
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Everything you always wanted to know about a BBF  Empty Everything you always wanted to know about a BBF

Post  Lem Evans May 2nd 2017, 2:28 pm

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2192882 Laughing

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Everything you always wanted to know about a BBF  Empty Re: Everything you always wanted to know about a BBF

Post  Scott Foxwell May 2nd 2017, 2:57 pm

TOBT??? Really?
You must have absolutely nothing better to do today.

But thanks for the laugh... Smile

Last edited by Scott Foxwell on May 2nd 2017, 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Scott Foxwell

Back to top Go down

Everything you always wanted to know about a BBF  Empty Re: Everything you always wanted to know about a BBF

Post  dfree383 May 2nd 2017, 3:10 pm

And then some.......

Thanks for sharing that valuable nugget!
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans May 2nd 2017, 3:22 pm

Scott Foxwell wrote:TOBT??? Really?

One of my adoring fans gave me a heads up via text......I see you found the time to post there Smile

Lem Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark O'Neal May 2nd 2017, 3:40 pm

I assume you're going to go for the entertainment value and not bother debating the humble one?

Mark O'Neal

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans May 2nd 2017, 3:41 pm

Mark O'Neal wrote:I assume you're going to go for the entertainment value and not bother debating the humble one?

Best not to argue with a sign post. It's not my job to educate him to the fact that there have been 385 series blocks with 18 head fastners for decades Smile

Lem Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 May 2nd 2017, 3:48 pm

And BBF's like boost not NO2?
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  68formalGT May 2nd 2017, 3:53 pm

Nobody puts big block Fords in Chevy cars lol, there's a thread over there with nothing but Fords in Chevys.
68formalGT
68formalGT

Back to top Go down

Post  lance flake May 2nd 2017, 4:06 pm

I seen that post this morning. It was good for an early morning laugh!

lance flake

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott Foxwell May 2nd 2017, 4:35 pm

Lem Evans wrote:
Scott Foxwell wrote:TOBT??? Really?

One of my adoring fans gave me a heads up via text......I see you found the time to post there Smile  
Like trying to pass a bad wreck without looking... cyclops

Scott Foxwell

Back to top Go down

Post  gt350hr May 2nd 2017, 6:28 pm

Schmidt is not "stupid" by any stretch of the imagination. But he hasn't perfected "walking on water or parting the Red Sea" either. He meets his match often over on Speedtalk. The difference is the lack of abusive , offensive name calling there. I have no clue as to who he is and despite being within a 5 mile radius of where I have lived for the last 50+ years , I have never bumped into him. He may be an expert in "his field" but he isn't in mine .

gt350hr

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 May 2nd 2017, 6:56 pm

LoL I almost linked that one in the Morning Funny. Razz

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 May 2nd 2017, 6:59 pm

gt350hr wrote:   Schmidt is not "stupid" by any stretch of the imagination. But he hasn't perfected "walking on water or parting the Red Sea" either. He meets his match often over on Speedtalk. The difference is the lack of abusive , offensive name calling there. I have no clue as to who he is and despite being within a 5 mile radius of where I have lived for the last 50+ years , I have never bumped into him. He may be an expert in "his field" but he isn't in mine .

He kind of ticks me off on the "Only China and Third Word Countries Should Make Stuff" crap. He is kinda sharp sometimes though. I think his engineer mindset gets the best of him though.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  68formalGT May 2nd 2017, 8:08 pm

dfree383 wrote:And BBF's like boost not NO2?

Don't let Frank know
68formalGT
68formalGT

Back to top Go down

Post  68formalGT May 2nd 2017, 8:24 pm

gt350hr wrote:   Schmidt is not "stupid" by any stretch of the imagination. But he hasn't perfected "walking on water or parting the Red Sea" either. He meets his match often over on Speedtalk. The difference is the lack of abusive , offensive name calling there. I have no clue as to who he is and despite being within a 5 mile radius of where I have lived for the last 50+ years , I have never bumped into him. He may be an expert in "his field" but he isn't in mine .

He did say he had something to do with the crankshafts Glidden was using back in the 80's.
68formalGT
68formalGT

Back to top Go down

Post  FalconEh May 2nd 2017, 9:15 pm

I have heard warnings that if you Crank your Rat Too Much bounce it can cause a severe loss of oxygen to the Brain... Suspect
FalconEh
FalconEh

Back to top Go down

Post  octanehuffer May 2nd 2017, 9:25 pm

I feel better knowing that I was on the clock the entire time I read all that whatnot.

octanehuffer
octanehuffer

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 May 3rd 2017, 1:25 am

Yep.....that thread went to hell fast when all them freaks from the political section got involved. That place sure has a high ratio of folks that know everything compared to most. Rolling Eyes
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  4604X4 May 3rd 2017, 9:39 am

It was a fun and interesting read for the first ten pages, by page eleven all the pertinent facts where noted/listed, and the rest of the thread is just insult and name calling.
4604X4
4604X4

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy May 3rd 2017, 10:21 am

Curiosity made me click on this link ...

I was reminded why I won't / don't have anything to do with that site; the average intelligence level is just not worth it.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  68formalGT May 3rd 2017, 10:30 am

rmcomprandy wrote:Curiosity made me click on this link ...

I was reminded why I won't / don't have anything to do with that site; the average intelligence level is just not worth it.

The nitrous section seems to have some good information in it lol
68formalGT
68formalGT

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick May 3rd 2017, 11:55 am

Jeezusss!! I bet a lot of those guys are hunters, too. Think of it...come hunting season, those idiots will be running thrugh the woods with guns and matches!!affraid
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy May 3rd 2017, 3:08 pm

maverick wrote:Jeezusss!!   I bet a lot of those guys are hunters, too.  Think of it...come hunting season, those idiots will be running through the woods with guns and matches!!affraid  

I can't remember which one of the books he wrote where I read it is but, George Carlin said, (it was written as a humorous reality), that ...
think of the people you talk with throughout the day who you determine to be just plain stupid; then realize that half the people in the world are stupider than that. Wink

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BigRigTech May 3rd 2017, 7:33 pm

That's some funny shit right there. I get into the same discussions with the local Chevy boys when they start telling me about a BBF and all their flaws.....Too funny after I let them finish and remind them I have a stock block, crank and all stock fasteners. They don't give stock 351w blocks and cranks much credit either and they are pretty tough too.
BigRigTech
BigRigTech

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 May 3rd 2017, 8:16 pm

I have heard all the same crap all my life about the 351M/400 until Kasse and SAM brought them to EMC and made everyone who said it look stupid.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next