BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's a good stock length rod Upgrade?

+2
dfree383
ED468
6 posters

Go down

What's a good stock length rod Upgrade? Empty What's a good stock length rod Upgrade?

Post  ED468 September 28th 2018, 11:53 pm

I see H-beams are about 50 grams heavier then stock rods and they don't make SIR rods in stock lengths no more. Look like Crower I beam?? Procomps I beams looks good but scare me.

ED468

Back to top Go down

What's a good stock length rod Upgrade? Empty Re: What's a good stock length rod Upgrade?

Post  dfree383 September 29th 2018, 12:19 am

The Scat Hbeams have been used successfully many times, great bang for-the buck.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

What's a good stock length rod Upgrade? Empty Re: What's a good stock length rod Upgrade?

Post  Paul Kane September 29th 2018, 1:11 pm

ED468 wrote:I see H-beams are about 50 grams heavier then stock rods and they don't make SIR rods in stock lengths no more. Look like Crower I beam?? Procomps I beams looks good but scare me.
I can't think of an OEM length rod option out there that doesn't have a use, and that includes Procomp's 3 different con rod offerings (as well as all the other brands).  That said, if you want piece of mind then your cost is only about $100 more give or take.

What the peak rpm, HP, and application of this engine?
Paul Kane
Paul Kane

http://www.highflowdynamics.com

Back to top Go down

What's a good stock length rod Upgrade? Empty Parameters

Post  ED468 September 29th 2018, 4:57 pm

Hopefully keep 6800 rpms with better rod. Want to be able to have shortblock live through better bolt ons. So 450 HP to 600. Got dove heads ported going on first with dual plane. Might through a really good set of TFS Streets on it later with a solid roller I got. All depend if gas goes way up and cruising gets too High of cost. Heck might even throw a 150 shot on it later down the road. Might never leave drive way either. But like having room for options later. Right now like to go to cruise inns and gets some timed passes to talk about.

ED468

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy September 29th 2018, 5:10 pm

ED468 wrote:I see H-beams are about 50 grams heavier then stock rods and they don't make SIR rods in stock lengths no more. Look like Crower I beam?? Procomps  I beams looks good but scare me.

Although an H-beam rod is a bit heavier, a good aftermarket forged piston & pin are usually a bit lighter so, it is still pretty easy to balance.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark O'Neal September 29th 2018, 9:01 pm

Lightweight I-Beam

http://www.vigilanteparts.com/Probe_Industries_Lightweight_I_Beam_Rods_6_605_p/1202-10042.htm

Approximately 775 grams. I've been using them for over 20 years.

Mark O'Neal

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller September 29th 2018, 11:45 pm

Mark O'Neal wrote:Lightweight I-Beam

http://www.vigilanteparts.com/Probe_Industries_Lightweight_I_Beam_Rods_6_605_p/1202-10042.htm

Approximately 775 grams. I've been using them for over 20 years.

Nice looking rods!!! Smile

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  ED468 October 4th 2018, 12:03 pm

Paul Kane wrote:
ED468 wrote:I see H-beams are about 50 grams heavier then stock rods and they don't make SIR rods in stock lengths no more. Look like Crower I beam?? Procomps I beams looks good but scare me.
I can't think of an OEM length rod option out there that doesn't have a use, and that includes Procomp's 3 different con rod offerings (as well as all the other brands).  That said, if you want piece of mind then your cost is only about $100 more give or take.

What the peak rpm, HP, and application of this engine?

What you know about the RPM I beam 4340 ROD. Its suppose to way 740 grams, but sounds too light. Probes are 775 grams, RPMS come with arp 200 bolts. Can't swing the cash for the PROBES, Maybe can later for the RPMs

ED468

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark O'Neal October 4th 2018, 11:15 pm

The RPM Rod doesn't come with ARP-2000 Bolts.....not that you need them.

Mark O'Neal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down