BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big block addiction

Go down

Big block addiction Empty Big block addiction

Post  Hotwire November 12th 2019, 4:28 pm

Originally an FE fan, I have since made the change to 429 and 460 power plants. Twenty two years ago, I bought my first 429 Thunderbird. It is gone now and all I have left are an assortment of speed parts and a decent engine or two or three or so...

I seem to collect the more interesting and highest performance parts I can, but have no immediate plan for them. They will find another vehicle to go into one day, but I am not worried about that right now. My focus is in improving the efficiency of this engine while increasing its power potential.

Rare speed parts are where I am at and it may just become at home in a mid 60’s Econoline Supervan if I can locate the right one.

This has been a fun adventure so far, collecting information and building with specific traits in mind that do not seem to entirely fit the normal pattern of thought. Some ideas conflict with outright power production while others improve it in uncommon ways.

I look forward to reading your thoughts and negotiating airflow issues through improved port design methods for our common exhaust issues. Would love to hear as many ideas as I can!

Hotwire

Back to top Go down