BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

digital 6 under suspension

4 posters

Go down

digital 6 under suspension  Empty digital 6 under suspension

Post  slurm September 7th 2020, 10:00 pm

Had a problem last weekend. Running my small block car ( 347, 12 to 1, solid crower 4200 stall) first run off the brake the car bogged then slowly gain rpm. Next run foot brake left a little better rolling in the throttle, however still slow rpm gain. Poor carb got worked over, just got back from sullens the week before. Changed squirters then cams all had no effect on how the car left the line. As the day progressed, went rounds with guys red lighting and break out, I noticed on the burnout i would hit second gear start to creep forward the engine would pull down and as i would add throttle felt like it had no power. Just installed an old accel dual point and coil engine seems happy and snappy however I have not had it out and tried it yet. Question, anyone had a 6 box act like this and is it worth sending in or just replacing. Fuel pressure stayed constant at 5 psi. timing at 38. Spark plugs look good burn mark right at the ground strap turn.
slurm
slurm

Back to top Go down

digital 6 under suspension  Empty Re: digital 6 under suspension

Post  rmcomprandy September 8th 2020, 3:48 pm

slurm wrote:  Had a problem last weekend. Running my small block car ( 347, 12 to 1, solid crower 4200 stall) first run off the brake the car bogged then slowly gain rpm. Next run foot brake left a little better rolling in the throttle, however still slow rpm gain.  Poor carb got worked over, just got back from sullens the week before. Changed squirters then cams all had no effect on how the car left the line. As the day progressed, went rounds with guys red lighting and break out, I noticed on the burnout i would hit second gear start to creep forward the engine would pull down and as i would add throttle felt like it had no power.    Just installed an old accel dual point and coil engine seems happy and snappy however I have not had it out and tried it yet. Question, anyone had a 6 box act like this and is it worth sending in or just replacing.  Fuel pressure stayed constant at 5 psi. timing at 38. Spark plugs look good burn mark right at the ground strap turn.

I have seen similar results happen from a "Digital 6 PROGRAMABLE".

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  slurm September 9th 2020, 7:44 am

yup, I think I will hook my dizzy up to a msd hei module to get me by this weekend.
slurm
slurm

Back to top Go down

Post  Falcon67 September 16th 2020, 10:39 am

SImilar problem but not with the Digital 6 - switched car to methanol with known good carb and it fell on its ass and misfired over 6000. Car had been hard to start also, kicking back even with start retard. Would not really idle well without 38~40 degrees of timing. Got to thinking it was ignition and not a fuel problem, pulled old Duraspark distributor and put in an MSD out of the dragster. Start issue went away, idles fine at 34 degrees. Also narrowed plug gaps for methanol to .026, will test this weekend. Just concur your issues sure sound like ignition.

Falcon67

Back to top Go down

Post  slurm September 17th 2020, 10:30 pm

The problem i am having is still there. Installed a street fire box with a dual point dizzy. No change. So next step throw a another aeromotive pump and new fuel pressure gauge at it. After this going to install the 347 / c4 that i removed and see. Not frustrated yet but the fuse is lit. There is a pete jackson gear drive in this engine, can this cause problems?
slurm
slurm

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller September 17th 2020, 10:38 pm

If the timing is right through out the entire rpm range IMO i wouldn't think it could be the gear drive!!

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  slurm September 20th 2020, 8:57 pm

I did have a gear drive act weird in a 410 sprint car I drove however I was not there when the car owner replaced it. He just said it was the straight away surge I was feeling and it was the problem. And today I install new street fire box msd dizzy set up timing at 36 locked. Started redoing the carb have 31 squirters in it now and 99 jets feels better pulls through second, third is still not great. Any E85 people on here, Mark tells me my ignition needs work but the only think i have not tried is a holley ecu and a individual coils. Next I am going to try going bigger on the jets before changing air bleeds.
slurm
slurm

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy September 21st 2020, 10:36 am

slurm wrote:I did have a gear drive act weird in a 410 sprint car I drove however I was not there when the car owner replaced it. He just said it was the straight away surge I was feeling and it was the problem. And today I install new street fire box msd dizzy set up timing at 36 locked. Started redoing the carb have 31 squirters in it now and 99 jets feels better pulls through second, third is still not great. Any E85 people on here, Mark tells me my ignition needs work but the only think i have not tried is a holley ecu and a individual coils. Next I am going to try going bigger on the jets before changing air bleeds.

How is the distributor rotor phasing ...?

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  slurm October 13th 2020, 10:40 pm

Any suggestions on the best afr gauge for tuning on E85.
slurm
slurm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down