BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Engine Masters-Lots of Tunnel Rams This Year

3 posters

Go down

Engine Masters-Lots of Tunnel Rams This Year Empty Engine Masters-Lots of Tunnel Rams This Year

Post  512Fairlane December 28th 2009, 9:33 pm

Just picked up a PHR with this years engine masters results. Congrats to Kaase again! Noticed that there were a lot of tunnel rams this year including Randy Malik's P-51 headed 471 ci motor. He was running 2 1150's on a Weiand tunnel ram. I always assumed that much air and fuel would only be necessary for higher RPM's but I thought it was interesting that the Peak HP was at 6400 and peak torque was 5,600. The boss headed deals were also packing tunnel rams. I know its all about combination but what types of gains have you all seen with a tunnel ram versus a well prepped victor/single carb set-up? Are they strictly dyno kings or would they work well in a real world drag car? Personally I have enough trouble tuning 1 carb but I thought it was interesting that since the rules allowed it this year even the smaller displacement motors went with tunnel rams. There must be an advantage. Just wondering how much?
512Fairlane
512Fairlane

Back to top Go down

Engine Masters-Lots of Tunnel Rams This Year Empty Re: Engine Masters-Lots of Tunnel Rams This Year

Post  rmcomprandy December 28th 2009, 10:44 pm

IF there are no worries about "throttle response" and average torque and horsepower are the only goals, then the tunnel ram with big carburetion is for sure the way to go.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Engine Masters-Lots of Tunnel Rams This Year Empty Re: Engine Masters-Lots of Tunnel Rams This Year

Post  dfree383 December 29th 2009, 12:23 am

X2 I was amaized how well we where able to pull down the 432" Boss with 2 x 1150's and the 466 with 2 x 1250's. I can say a number of well educated people where very supprised with the time we spent on the dyno.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down