BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Street Tunnel Rams ?/ Strokers

2 posters

Go down

Street Tunnel Rams ?/ Strokers Empty Street Tunnel Rams ?/ Strokers

Post  511Fox February 20th 2010, 11:00 am

Hello Guys/Gals,

I know the larger an engine the easier it is to hit big HP numbers ( assuming good heads+cam).

Question 1: Would this combo be streetable Question

509 CID 460 Stroker. STD bore + .060, 6.8 inch rods, 10-11:1 CR, 4.15 forged crank, Ported Ford SCJ heads, Solid Roller cam, Weiand High Ram w/ twin 750 Dommy carbs.

Question 2: Anyone make a 4.40 or 4.375 inch stroker crank Question

Thank you for your time and insight.

511Fox

Back to top Go down

Street Tunnel Rams ?/ Strokers Empty Re: Street Tunnel Rams ?/ Strokers

Post  c.evans February 20th 2010, 12:19 pm

To answer your question, yes I think it would be streetable for summertime use and etc. It may not be the most practicle combo, as compared to a single carb/single plane manifold, but you could do it. Of the three EMC engines that were dynoed here in Owensboro, all three had the Weiand tunnel rams and I was pleasantly surprised how well they idled and performed on the dyno. Also, all three had big Dominator carbs. So, I think if you get with a good engine builder and tuner in your area, specifically Randy Malik out of Detroit, he can make it happen. He probably won't agree with you in the need for the Weiand, but if you pay your money and ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you know the rest of the story.

As for the crankshafts, they are commonly available in the 4.140", 4.150", 4.300", and 4.500" strokes. Anything other than those numbers would be a custom grind and most likely cost more, however IMO you've got some good choices in those listed above.

Hope this helps,

Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down