BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Trans install with mid plate Help.

2 posters

Go down

New Trans install with mid plate Help. Empty New Trans install with mid plate Help.

Post  t-bird racer March 24th 2022, 11:17 pm

So the last few years I've been plagued with stripped flex plate teeth. I believe the issue may have been caused by stripped starter bolt hole threads and the starter was pushing away from the bell housing.  My transmission ( Glide) was due to be serviced so I upgraded to a Reid Case, and new Reid Bell Housing, Meziere Billet Flex plate, and Meziere Starter.  While its out I'm checking all the other components.  

I have a .095 steel mid plate, and I also had the original block plate.  So here's the question.  Should I only have the mid plate and leave the original "block" plate out? This set up also used an adapter bushing in crankshaft.  

I'm just try eliminate all the problems.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Rich
t-bird racer
t-bird racer

Back to top Go down

New Trans install with mid plate Help. Empty Re: New Trans install with mid plate Help.

Post  Gregaust March 25th 2022, 4:26 am

If the midplate is cut nice to locate the starter as the steel block plate usually does , There is no real reason to use the steel plate

Gregaust

Back to top Go down