BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

need a quality machinst in ky wv oh area

5 posters

Go down

need a quality machinst in ky wv oh area Empty need a quality machinst in ky wv oh area

Post  ChrisH June 5th 2022, 1:05 am

my machinist here in eastern ky is out of commission. he will likely not be back to work.

as such i need another shop. i dont really need an engine build shop. i always drop parts off with the dimensions i need cut as i have the tools and knowledge to measure everything, just not cut to size. this is what worked so well with my machinist. as long as everything was to my measurements then any problems thereafter were mine to correct (if need be)

so i did some searching and it looks like some of the previously recommended shops have now closed.

specifically what i will need is an A460 opened to 4.600 (from 4.330), cam bore cut for roller bearings, decks cut to height, lifter bores opened, etc. basically a full machining on a virgin A block.

being a BBF expert isnt necessarily required. shop i was using did BBC stuff and we worked stuff out fine.

im in the ky oh wv tristate area so any of those three states are "open". basically trying to keep the drive to 4 hours. there are a few other semi local shops, bu i dont want to blindly trial a new shop on an a block job.

any recommendations would be appreciated.

ChrisH

Back to top Go down

need a quality machinst in ky wv oh area Empty Re: need a quality machinst in ky wv oh area

Post  rmcomprandy June 5th 2022, 10:25 am

How far is Ashland from London...? Hinkle probably is able to do that; maybe not bore the cam tunnel, I don't know.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

need a quality machinst in ky wv oh area Empty Re: need a quality machinst in ky wv oh area

Post  ChrisH June 5th 2022, 2:57 pm

only about 2.5 hours, i'll give them a call and see what they can do.

thank you for the feedback

ChrisH

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 June 6th 2022, 12:11 pm

Chris Straub in North Eastern TN may be able to do all the machining.

In not sure Buck can line bore a cam tunnel or if he has the fixture for a BBF to do lifters, but he’s a totaly competent engine guy if he has the equipment to do what you need.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

need a quality machinst in ky wv oh area Empty machine work

Post  fairlanegt66 June 15th 2022, 8:44 pm

vzengines.com (304) 772-5252 gap mills wv

fairlanegt66

Back to top Go down

need a quality machinst in ky wv oh area Empty I'm in North Florida

Post  kevinsmachine June 16th 2022, 11:47 am

www.kevinsmachine.com

kevinsmachine

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy June 16th 2022, 6:47 pm

kevinsmachine wrote:www.kevinsmachine.com

Florida is nowhere near Eastern Kentucky so, what this person asked must mean nothing to you.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisH June 16th 2022, 11:09 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:
kevinsmachine wrote:www.kevinsmachine.com

Florida is nowhere near Eastern Kentucky so, what this person asked must mean nothing to you.

yeah, FL is way far

ChrisH

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down