BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What kind of quality are Maher pistons?

3 posters

Go down

What kind of quality are Maher pistons? Empty What kind of quality are Maher pistons?

Post  torinocobra429scj December 21st 2010, 11:20 am

The 4.3 stroker kit I am looking at has these pistons in it but I've not had much luck searching posts here for information? This seems to be the stroker kit my builder uses when he does a BBF and the other stroke sizes use a different brand of pistion like ARP and Arias... Just wondering who uses this piston in their engines now and if you have any issues? Why would this be the only brand of piston that kit would offer in the 4.3 stroke?

The kit also has a cast steel crank, Eagle "3D" H beam rods, and Clevite bearings...

Thanks
torinocobra429scj
torinocobra429scj

Back to top Go down

What kind of quality are Maher pistons? Empty Re: What kind of quality are Maher pistons?

Post  dfree383 December 21st 2010, 11:35 am

you mean mahle pistons? if so they are good stuff.

Also plase note ARP does not make pistons........

JE, Aries, Ross, Probe, Diamond, Mahle, CP, Etc are piston manufactures.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

What kind of quality are Maher pistons? Empty Yes, I meant Mahle... Also meant SRP on the other pistons! Stupid autocorrect on iPhone?

Post  torinocobra429scj December 21st 2010, 11:44 am

I am looking for the best quality of stroker kit I can get for around $1500... Looking to purchase something in the next 3-4 weeks for my build!

I did a search for Mahle on here and came up with nothing?
torinocobra429scj
torinocobra429scj

Back to top Go down

What kind of quality are Maher pistons? Empty Re: What kind of quality are Maher pistons?

Post  dfree383 December 21st 2010, 11:52 am

Call Adney Brown at Performance Crankshaft, he's a great guy and will get you the appropriate parts for what you want to achieve. 586-549-7557

Keep in mind their is more to getting good stuff than price alone, a cheap kit for a mail order place can very well cost alot more than getting one from someone in the know and that actually builds the stuff.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cletus66 December 21st 2010, 12:48 pm

I think Maher is a left wing guy. Laughing
cletus66
cletus66

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down