BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I've been around for years but some pictures of my Mustang!!

3 posters

Go down

I've been around for years but some pictures of my Mustang!! Empty I've been around for years but some pictures of my Mustang!!

Post  Mark Miller September 24th 2022, 12:12 am

I've been around for years but some pictures of my Mustang!! Img_2810

I've been around for years but some pictures of my Mustang!! Img_2633

I've been around for years but some pictures of my Mustang!! Img_2310

Mark Miller

Gregaust, 1982GT and nedceifus like this post

Back to top Go down

I've been around for years but some pictures of my Mustang!! Empty Re: I've been around for years but some pictures of my Mustang!!

Post  supervel45 September 24th 2022, 1:33 am

That's a sweet looking notch back Mark. Is it a 4 Eye?

supervel45

Back to top Go down

I've been around for years but some pictures of my Mustang!! Empty Re: I've been around for years but some pictures of my Mustang!!

Post  Mark Miller September 24th 2022, 11:55 pm

supervel45 wrote:That's a sweet looking notch back Mark. Is it a 4 Eye?

Thanks for the compliment no it's not a 4 eye it's an 89 4 cylinder car although i love the 4 eyes especially the 1985 GT with the Holley 4 barrel and 5 speed!!I almost bought 1 years ago but didn't although i would still love to have an unmolested 85 GT with the Holley and 5 speed!!

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 September 25th 2022, 12:56 am

I took note when those 85's hit the street. First year roller cam I believe and cool dual tale pipes on the notchbacks. Those are a one year oddity. Just like my favorite year 1971 Mach1 that I catch so much grief about, 429CJ SCJ and 351 Boss, 1 year only.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 September 25th 2022, 1:06 am

Those sure look like 4 lugs on the Welds. Hope you got rid of that?

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller September 25th 2022, 1:34 am

supervel45 wrote:I took note when those 85's hit the street. First year roller cam I believe and cool dual tale pipes on the notchbacks. Those are a one year oddity. Just like my favorite year 1971 Mach1 that I catch so much grief about, 429CJ SCJ and 351 Boss, 1 year only.

Yes i forgot about the 85 being the only year with the Hydraulic Roller Cam and Holley Carb!!

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller September 25th 2022, 1:36 am

supervel45 wrote:Those sure look like 4 lugs on the Welds. Hope you got rid of that?

Nope still 4 lug i've seen guys with Mustangs run low 8's in the 1/4 mile with 4 lug wheels!!

Mark Miller

1982GT likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  1982GT October 14th 2022, 11:23 am

Mark,

Very nice looking ride!
1982GT
1982GT

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller October 14th 2022, 10:41 pm

1982GT wrote:Mark,

Very nice looking ride!

Thanks your 82 GT is also a nice looking ride!!Are those Boss 302 heads still working good for your uncle?

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  1982GT December 28th 2022, 2:38 pm

Mark Miller wrote:

Very nice looking ride!

Thanks your 82 GT is also a nice looking ride!!Are those Boss 302 heads still working good for your uncle?

Mark, Sorry I missed this. I haven't been on the site in a while. The Boss heads were great. We still went through them with all new valves and springs. Since the majority of the rotating assembly was trashed, I convinced him to build to add a some stroke to it. We ended up with a 331ci with the Iron Boss heads. He loved it, and was surprised how well the combo ran. Unfortunately, he passed away a year ago. He had a massive stroke. My cousin currently owns the car. It's sitting away in storage. Sadly, he's not mechanically inclined, and has no mechanical knowledge of his dad's car. At 52 yrs old, he probably never will. I don't think he's interested in letting it go just yet, but I imagine at some point he will.
1982GT
1982GT

Mark Miller likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller December 28th 2022, 11:54 pm

1982GT wrote:
Mark Miller wrote:

Very nice looking ride!

Mark, Sorry I missed this. I haven't been on the site in a while. The Boss heads were great. We still went through them with all new valves and springs. Since the majority of the rotating assembly was trashed, I convinced him to build to add a some stroke to it. We ended up with a 331ci with the Iron Boss heads. He loved it, and was surprised how well the combo ran. Unfortunately, he passed away a year ago. He had a massive stroke. My cousin currently owns the car. It's sitting away in storage. Sadly, he's not mechanically inclined, and has no mechanical knowledge of his dad's car. At 52 yrs old, he probably never will. I don't think he's interested in letting it go just yet, but I imagine at some point he will.

Sorry to hear about your uncle passing away!!I lost my dad Jan 18th of this year he was pulling snow off the house roof and fell backwards off of the ladder onto the concrete patio and had a fractured skull and inoperable  brain bleed.I sure miss him especially when i'm working on my Mustang as he was very smart at fixing cars and working on mowers and such!!That sucks your cousin isn't mechanically inclined!!Would you be interested in the Boss 302 Mustang if he decides to sell it?

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  1982GT March 16th 2023, 8:58 am

Thanks for the kind words. I'm also sorry to hear about your fathers passing. As far as my uncles car goes, a very close friend of my uncles, or myself will buy it if he ever decides to sell it. I've got another project car waiting while I acquire parts for it. I picked up a 1962 Galaxie 2 door post. It's 100% original and been sitting since 1980 or 1981. It's got a 292 with a 2 speed. It's a pretty bare boned car with no options. It's going to be getting some form of a 460 with some kind of an overdrive transmission. Not sure about suspension yest.

I've been around for years but some pictures of my Mustang!! Galaxi12
I've been around for years but some pictures of my Mustang!! Galaxi13
1982GT
1982GT

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 March 22nd 2023, 11:58 am

1982GT wrote:Thanks for the kind words. I'm also sorry to hear about your fathers passing. As far as my uncles car goes, a very close friend of my uncles, or myself will buy it if he ever decides to sell it. I've got another project car waiting while I acquire parts for it. I picked up a 1962 Galaxie 2 door post. It's 100% original and been sitting since 1980 or 1981. It's got a 292 with a 2 speed. It's a pretty bare boned car with no options. It's going to be getting some form of a 460 with some kind of an overdrive transmission. Not sure about suspension yest.

I've been around for years but some pictures of my Mustang!! Galaxi12
I've been around for years but some pictures of my Mustang!! Galaxi13

I wish I had a 6 cyl. car to give you to save that one from the swap. I doubt there are many 292's left in tact of that Iconic Andy Griffith Mayberry early season type Cop Car.

https://journal.classiccars.com/2019/05/14/mayberry-pd-replica-62-galaxie-ready/

https://altdriver.com/classics/andy-griffith-police-car/

Not sure on the 2 door 292 production numbers of yours but, they seem pretty low compared to others.

https://www.automobile-catalog.com/production/ford_usa/full-size_ford_6gen.html#gsc.tab=0

Anyway nice find and I hope it goes well.

supervel45

1982GT likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  1982GT March 23rd 2023, 2:20 pm

I wish I had a 6 cyl. car to give you to save that one from the swap. I doubt there are many 292's left in tact of that Iconic Andy Griffith Mayberry early season type Cop Car.

https://journal.classiccars.com/2019/05/14/mayberry-pd-replica-62-galaxie-ready/

https://altdriver.com/classics/andy-griffith-police-car/

Not sure on the 2 door 292 production numbers of yours but, they seem pretty low compared to others.

https://www.automobile-catalog.com/production/ford_usa/full-size_ford_6gen.html#gsc.tab=0

Anyway nice find and I hope it goes well.[/quote]

I've thought about keeping the 292, but I have never messed with these engines, After researching, Mummert is the only company that makes performance parts for the Y-blocks. I'll be keeping the look of the car period correct other than the car being 460 powered.
1982GT
1982GT

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 March 23rd 2023, 4:03 pm

^ I had a 292 in a 1963 F100 that somebody swapped in from the original 6cyl. with 3 on the floor with 3.89 gears. I put a 4 barrel intake with a Holley 600 vacuum secondary and a T-Bird intake manifold. I removed the front crossover pipe, and put a T-bird rear dump exhaust manifold and dualed it out. I thought it ran really well for what it was. Threw a 125 plate on it for kicks, and it was a blast on the cheap. With your 2 speed auto it would likely be a pig. I would rather see an FE swap in a 1962 since they came with them but, I see the economics of a 460/C6 swap as well as the power advantage, especially since we hoard them, and not FE stuff, LoL.

Did you run the VIN through Haggerity to see the production number, or if it may be special in any way?

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  1982GT March 24th 2023, 7:37 am

supervel45 wrote:^ I had a 292 in a 1963 F100 that somebody swapped in from the original 6cyl. with 3 on the floor with 3.89 gears. I put a 4 barrel intake with a Holley 600 vacuum secondary and a T-Bird intake manifold. I removed the front crossover pipe, and put a T-bird rear dump exhaust manifold and dualed it out. I thought it ran really well for what it was. Threw a 125 plate on it for kicks, and it was a blast on the cheap. With your 2 speed auto it would likely be a pig. I would rather see an FE swap in a 1962 since they came with them but, I see the economics of a 460/C6 swap as well as the power advantage, especially since we hoard them, and not FE stuff, LoL.

Did you run the VIN through Haggerity to see the production number, or if it may be special in any way?

If it originally came with an FE, it would stay that way. I don't have FE anything in my possession. I haven't run the VIN through Haggerty yet. I wouldn't think it's anything special though. I like it because it's different.
1982GT
1982GT

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 March 24th 2023, 9:22 am

They look good in Black. Cool

https://www.holley.com/garage/view/4176-1962-ford-galaxie-500/

They say a non ribbed C6 case is easier in them for clearance reasons.

supervel45

Mark Miller and 1982GT like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller March 25th 2023, 10:48 pm

supervel45 wrote:They look good in Black. Cool

https://www.holley.com/garage/view/4176-1962-ford-galaxie-500/

They say a non ribbed C6 case is easier in them for clearance reasons.

Damn that's a Nice Looking Cool Car thanks for the link!!

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 March 25th 2023, 11:59 pm

You're welcome Mark. I always liked the 1963 1964 and 1971 model's as that's what we had. That 1962 model is very extremely sweet though the way he has it decked out.

Here's a pretty cool 1963, you have to click the pictures to get a good view. 1971's are kind of ugly but, were in some cool movies. A 1971 PI with a 429 CJ would have been fun as hell to have back in the day.

https://www.rmw.lv/car/en/galaxie-2-generation-500xl-r-code-hardtop-1963

Something about this 1971, maybe it's the 4 speed and the color combo and wheels, I don't know but, I kind of like it, for a 1971 anyway. It may be a Burt Reynolds special because it does not look to have a clutch pedal?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM08MPahO-o

Needs a different tune on the radio though. pirat

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down