BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which Roller Rockers ?

3 posters

Go down

Which Roller Rockers ? Empty Which Roller Rockers ?

Post  lathechips December 14th 2022, 3:19 pm

Who's roller rockers for a mild build 73-74. 460 in a F100 ? Ratio ? Aluminum/steel ? Amazon/ebay price?

lathechips

Back to top Go down

Which Roller Rockers ? Empty Re: Which Roller Rockers ?

Post  rmcomprandy December 14th 2022, 8:25 pm

lathechips wrote:Who's roller rockers for a mild build 73-74. 460 in a F100 ?   Ratio ?  Aluminum/steel ? Amazon/ebay price?

For High performance street/strip type engines, I use Lunati, "Voo-Doo" aluminum roller rocker arms and have never had any issues.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Mark Miller and Dave De like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  the tree man December 15th 2022, 2:23 am

I'm also running the Voodoo rockers in a non-Ford application. About 10,000 miles and no problems. Previously Harland Sharp in the same engine for a LONG time and they were great but they're spendy. In my 545 I'm running 1.73 Scorpions. Lots of miles and zero issues but physically they are far bigger than other brands. I'm using old,M/T Holley valve covers that are similar in size/shape to an OE cover and had some interference issues that required a bit of grinding on the outer corner of the rocker to clear. If you're using a newer,aftermarket square style valve cover there won't be a problem. I have a couple buddies also running the Scorpions in non-Ford applications without issue.
the tree man
the tree man

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down