BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Didja ever feel like kicking yourself in the sack and quitting this whole deal?

+13
psquare75
OldRedFord
Nevs
billandlori
cletus66
jasonf
70429scj
westsideford
bbf-falcon
richter69
Old blue Racin Team
bruno
Greg_P
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Didja ever feel like kicking yourself in the sack and quitting this whole deal? Empty Didja ever feel like kicking yourself in the sack and quitting this whole deal?

Post  Greg_P August 14th 2009, 8:07 pm

Well I do, DAMN!

After a few hours of sawzall and welding work on the right front suspension (making more extension travel) I was jacking up the car to get it off the jackstands and onto it's wheels....

Well, as I was jacking the car up the hood slammed down.......right onto a 1/2" ratchet with a deep 15/16" socket on it sitting on the core support.

Yes, not only am I full of metal shavings, but my hood has a giant zit and some cracked paint.

I feel like an ass, and this was the last straw!!!!!

FUGGIT!

Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad
Greg_P
Greg_P

Back to top Go down

Didja ever feel like kicking yourself in the sack and quitting this whole deal? Empty Re: Didja ever feel like kicking yourself in the sack and quitting this whole deal?

Post  bruno August 14th 2009, 8:41 pm

before the bash .... i finally got the motor in , had problems with the tranny , spent 200 on the dent wizard to get all the dings and dents out of the car , new wheels , new front clip ...had the car looking freaking sweet ( i thought it look good ) i had all my sponsors proud ... got the tranny working , the car ran some great numbers loaded up and the car broke loose from the owing straps and i crushed the whole front end Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad know that is a sicken feeling ...... Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

so i feel for you Greg

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Didja ever feel like kicking yourself in the sack and quitting this whole deal? Empty Re: Didja ever feel like kicking yourself in the sack and quitting this whole deal?

Post  Old blue Racin Team August 14th 2009, 9:22 pm

Dang man that sucks
Old blue Racin Team
Old blue Racin Team

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 August 14th 2009, 9:23 pm

I say time for a 'glass hood.............. Question

I try to always put a positive spin on things, even though it costs me money.

How did ya fix the tranny Nick..... Very Happy
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno August 14th 2009, 9:25 pm

richter69 wrote:I say time for a 'glass hood.............. Question

I try to always put a positive spin on things, even though it costs me money.

How did ya fix the tranny Nick..... Very Happy

Hobbs can you handle my lightweight Very Happy

www.bfevansraceparts.com
bruno
bruno

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon August 14th 2009, 9:31 pm

Mine wasn't as bad as yours greg but I was pissed. I got the motor back in tweety and took a towel and some degreaser and was putting the white glove to the test right affraid Well,it was time to take the ole 1/2" drill and prime the pump. So I put the drill in reverse and pulled the trigger. About that time I heard the drill pull down and shortly after Jon Kasse's damn oil pump shot about a qt. of 20w50 all over the back of the engine,under the pretty and clean intake,and all down the firewall and of coarse the dog House tunnel was still removed from inside the car,so yep you guessed it. I had forgot to put the oil pressure line on the back of the block.1 1/2 hr. of more wiping and cleaning.
Who else had a Dumba$$ attack today Question

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Greg_P August 14th 2009, 9:31 pm

Dam, I gotta case of the azz, and you guys are crackin' wise.........

But for some stupid reason I feel better.

Maybe it's the 19th beer.......lol......

Speakin' of beer, you still nursin that Shiner Bock, fruitcake?

Greg
Greg_P
Greg_P

Back to top Go down

Post  Greg_P August 14th 2009, 9:32 pm

bbf-falcon wrote:Mine wasn't as bad as yours greg but I was pissed. I got the motor back in tweety and took a towel and some degreaser and was putting the white glove to the test right affraid Well,it was time to take the ole 1/2" drill and prime the pump. So I put the drill in reverse and pulled the trigger. About that time I heard the drill pull down and shortly after Jon Kasse's damn oil pump shot about a qt. of 20w50 all over the back of the engine,under the pretty and clean intake,and all down the firewall and of coarse the dog House tunnel was still removed from inside the car,so yep you guessed it. I had forgot to put the oil pressure line on the back of the block.1 1/2 hr. of more wiping and cleaning.
Who else had a Dumba$$ attack today Question

BAH, that's a pisser.

Evil or Very Mad
Greg_P
Greg_P

Back to top Go down

Post  Old blue Racin Team August 14th 2009, 9:52 pm

Damn rick that does suck man
Old blue Racin Team
Old blue Racin Team

Back to top Go down

Post  westsideford August 14th 2009, 10:08 pm

That suxs for sure!
westsideford
westsideford

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 August 14th 2009, 10:29 pm

Hobbs can you handle my lightweight Very Happy

I hear he handles your "lightweight" quite often.......................freakin' homos. flower
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Old blue Racin Team August 14th 2009, 11:26 pm

Jon jon jon was that called for

What am I talkin about of course it was Very Happy Very Happy
Old blue Racin Team
Old blue Racin Team

Back to top Go down

Didja ever feel like kicking yourself in the sack and quitting this whole deal? Empty Quiting

Post  70429scj August 15th 2009, 12:33 am

Yah like 2 am this morning when the fricking rearend housing would not line back up on the springs and I
was using a long pry bar for leverage and smashed the brake line flat. I does bring a new meaning to
pissed off at yourself!!!!! Ah well the line had a little surface rust on the outside and
needed replacing anyways NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Later
Steve Evil or Very Mad
70429scj
70429scj

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf August 15th 2009, 1:11 am

Damn that blows.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Old blue Racin Team August 15th 2009, 8:14 am

70429scj wrote:Yah like 2 am this morning when the fricking rearend housing would not line back up on the springs and I
was using a long pry bar for leverage and smashed the brake line flat. I does bring a new meaning to
pissed off at yourself!!!!! Ah well the line had a little surface rust on the outside and
needed replacing anyways NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Later
Steve Evil or Very Mad

Ow hell just squish it back round Very Happy Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil affraid
Old blue Racin Team
Old blue Racin Team

Back to top Go down

Didja ever feel like kicking yourself in the sack and quitting this whole deal? Empty I could write a book....

Post  cletus66 August 15th 2009, 8:47 am

I could write a book about the dumb stuff I've done.

I was so happy that I got the 460 to fit under my stock hood.......till I floored it and put a wingnut imprint in the middle of it.

Back when I was a kid in the Corps, I replaced the camshaft in my 4 cylinder Mustang II. I wanted to start it up without the valve cover to check for oil flow, because there was barely any oil flow before. This all went down in the parking lot of the barracks at the Defense Language Institute in Monterey, CA. Well, when I started it, oil started slinging everywhere onto the cars on both sides of mine. affraid affraid And before I could stop it, a screwdriver fell off of the radiator, hit the fan, and jammed right through the radiator. Nice little mess to clean up......

Then there was the time I rebuilt the 2 barrel carb on a 351 C in my '76 F100. I fired it up and was sitting in the truck when it stalled, coughed, and burst into flames about 20 feet high. affraid affraid One of those cheesy little springy fuel filter clamps held on long enough to fill the carb and get it going. Then it popped off and sprayed fuel all over the motor till the bowl went dry and the thing backfired when it stalled and pooooooof !!!!!! It was parked right by the house, and all I had was a garden hose. I kept spraying, and the water/fuel mixture was running out from under the truck throwing flames up between my legs.... affraid affraid

Can I stop now? I'm starting to embarrass myself........
cletus66
cletus66

Back to top Go down

Post  Old blue Racin Team August 15th 2009, 9:02 am

^^Very nice

Well I got chaning water pump on my truck I was 16, on my 88 ranger, so top hose fitting on the raditaor the jose didnt want to come off, so I snached it, and riped the hole fitting out of the radiator, I got to cutting a custom fit hose to my 2001 GMC, and when I came throgh I kept right on into the Brandnew aluminiom radiator, there went 400 damn Im done to may more to list
Old blue Racin Team
Old blue Racin Team

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori August 15th 2009, 9:26 am

My buddy started a "Wall of Shame", well, I had to get one too. When I futz something up real good, I staple it up there.

One of the scariest was when I was breaking in the T-Bird's mill. I had just looped the trans cooler line on the trans, but some morron forgot to put a hose clamp on it. Right at 20 minutes the hose popped of and dumped trans fluid all over the header, then caught fire Shocked . So.... yelled for the wife to shut it down, I had the hose running in the rad so I just took it out and put out the fire. I was thinking, here I am, just finished building an engine I have waited for years to build and then burn it to the ground. Thankfully it turned out ok.

The burnt hose is on "The Wall"

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 August 15th 2009, 6:54 pm

My dumbest moment was when the service manger asked me if I wanted to be a diesel tech...........
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno August 15th 2009, 8:06 pm

richter69 wrote:My dumbest moment was when the service manger asked me if I wanted to be a diesel tech...........

lmao Laughing

www.bfevansraceparts.com
bruno
bruno

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs August 15th 2009, 8:30 pm

richter69 wrote:My dumbest moment was when the service manger asked me if I wanted to be a diesel tech...........

That's called job security, Jon, and the rest is history... Laughing Laughing Laughing Exclamation
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon August 15th 2009, 9:21 pm

SO,are you ever gonna be Question
[b]JUST KIDDING Laughing

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  OldRedFord August 16th 2009, 4:08 pm

Ahh yes. I was trying to loosen one of the radius arm nuts on the F100. The front end was in the air supported by jack stands. Had a ratchet on the nut with a long breaker bar. My heavy duty impact would not budge the nut so I thought I would break it loose this way. Pushed down on the breaker bar (steel box tube 3' long) and the truck lifted off the opposite side jack stand. Then shifted over and crashed on the driveway. As far as I can tell, the only damage was a zerk fitting on the drivers side, bottom of the king pin. New zerk fitting and all seems good now.
OldRedFord
OldRedFord

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs August 16th 2009, 4:37 pm

OldRedFord wrote:Ahh yes. I was trying to loosen one of the radius arm nuts on the F100. The front end was in the air supported by jack stands. Had a ratchet on the nut with a long breaker bar. My heavy duty impact would not budge the nut so I thought I would break it loose this way. Pushed down on the breaker bar (steel box tube 3' long) and the truck lifted off the opposite side jack stand. Then shifted over and crashed on the driveway. As far as I can tell, the only damage was a zerk fitting on the drivers side, bottom of the king pin. New zerk fitting and all seems good now.

It could have been worse, at least you didn't get hurt. Could have been a disaster. Zerks are cheap compared to hospital bills or worse...
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  psquare75 August 17th 2009, 3:27 am

How about replacing *every* braking system component.. 2x. and still not having a good pedal, but the $300 parts car you buy, stops PERFECT....

Evil or Very Mad

*EVERYTHING* from that car is going in mine, and I'm sending the deal out. I've had it.
psquare75
psquare75

http://www.reklessracing.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next