BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Didja ever feel like kicking yourself in the sack and quitting this whole deal?

+13
psquare75
OldRedFord
Nevs
billandlori
cletus66
jasonf
70429scj
westsideford
bbf-falcon
richter69
Old blue Racin Team
bruno
Greg_P
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Didja ever feel like kicking yourself in the sack and quitting this whole deal? - Page 2 Empty Re: Didja ever feel like kicking yourself in the sack and quitting this whole deal?

Post  Old blue Racin Team August 17th 2009, 8:03 am

richter69 wrote:My dumbest moment was when the service manger asked me if I wanted to be a diesel tech...........

Very nice Jon affraid affraid
Old blue Racin Team
Old blue Racin Team

Back to top Go down

Didja ever feel like kicking yourself in the sack and quitting this whole deal? - Page 2 Empty Re: Didja ever feel like kicking yourself in the sack and quitting this whole deal?

Post  biddy84 August 19th 2009, 10:39 pm

Well I guess I am not the only person that has a fun time in the shop. Every time I "fix" something I cause two problems. IT seems as if the car is not supposed to go. Two years of owning this car and it barely has made 8 runs.

Thanks to Bruno and this other site.

The old Bar got crowded and too commercial, ran the good ol' boys off.

Thanks for the chance to complain about myself.

If it aint broke, fix it till it is!

biddy84

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 August 19th 2009, 11:25 pm

well one for me was we were playing in a dry clay pit I had my 69f100 out there with the other guys playing I bust a rubber trans line to the cooler it squirted on the header and cought fire nephew said he seen smoke coming from out under the hood I told him that was dust from the doenut from the dried out clay then about the time I hit it again I saw a cloud of black smoke time I got stoped and opened the hood it was in flames dry clay is not good to try and put out a oil fire I opened the tool box and I had 2 old bud lights in it that had been roling around in it hot beer shock up will put out a oil fire in a hurry it burnt the plug wires off that side wire off on the back of alt ,carb and open air filter.and burnt the paint in the middle of the hood I had just put the carb on that day along with the new plug wires and had to be pulled home by a s10 talk about looking like a fool after talking smack about the chevys so now I have to have a fire exstinsher dont drink any more so I want have any beers with me.So if you dont have a fire exstinsher and have beer shake it up and use it it will put out a fire.
Jim
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon August 19th 2009, 11:40 pm

69F100 wrote:well one for me was we were playing in a dry clay pit I had my 69f100 out there with the other guys playing I bust a rubber trans line to the cooler it squirted on the header and cought fire nephew said he seen smoke coming from out under the hood I told him that was dust from the doenut from the dried out clay then about the time I hit it again I saw a cloud of black smoke time I got stoped and opened the hood it was in flames dry clay is not good to try and put out a oil fire I opened the tool box and I had 2 old bud lights in it that had been roling around in it hot beer shock up will put out a oil fire in a hurry it burnt the plug wires off that side wire off on the back of alt ,carb and open air filter.and burnt the paint in the middle of the hood I had just put the carb on that day along with the new plug wires and had to be pulled home by a s10 talk about looking like a fool after talking smack about the chevys so now I have to have a fire exstinsher dont drink any more so I want have any beers with me.So if you dont have a fire exstinsher and have beer shake it up and use it it will put out a fire.
Jim
LMAO, Thats why I don't talk smack No No No It will come back and SMACK ya every time Laughing

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 August 20th 2009, 6:08 am

That is why you don't see me talking smack on here I learned my lesson the hard way it don't take but a sec. for thiings to change
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Greg_P August 20th 2009, 9:49 am

I'm glad I'm not the only guy doing dumb crap..... but I'm sorry you guys are suffering with me....lol......

I got caught up in some smack talk one time with a buddy of mine who drives a nova. Nice car, and nice guy, but the bowtie just can't be overlooked.

At the track one wekeend he red-lit in the first round and I started talking smack. I went home and decided to build a "red-light" trophy out of an old Kotex dispenser from the '60's. Well, I told him what I was doing and he got the red-ass. At the next event, I hadn't yet finished the kotex trophy, but my bud was still all pizzed off about it. Well, you guessed it, I red lit in the first round!

Still haven't finished the trophy, and still haven't heard the end of it....lol....

Greg
Greg_P
Greg_P

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori August 20th 2009, 3:14 pm

Greg_P wrote:I'm glad I'm not the only guy doing dumb crap..... but I'm sorry you guys are suffering with me....lol......

I got caught up in some smack talk one time with a buddy of mine who drives a nova. Nice car, and nice guy, but the bowtie just can't be overlooked.

At the track one wekeend he red-lit in the first round and I started talking smack. I went home and decided to build a "red-light" trophy out of an old Kotex dispenser from the '60's. Well, I told him what I was doing and he got the red-ass. At the next event, I hadn't yet finished the kotex trophy, but my bud was still all pizzed off about it. Well, you guessed it, I red lit in the first round!

Still haven't finished the trophy, and still haven't heard the end of it....lol....

Greg

That is very very funny!! What a great trophy to pass around!!

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil August 20th 2009, 3:39 pm

If this didn't make me quit I'm not sure what will

Didja ever feel like kicking yourself in the sack and quitting this whole deal? - Page 2 100_1380
Phil
Phil

Back to top Go down

Post  Greg_P August 20th 2009, 3:46 pm

Phil, you're right..... You're one of the most resilient car guys I've had the pleasure of meeting, that's for sure.

You might be surprised to learn that I hit a pole with my GT years ago, and while the back came out unscathed, the front looked disgustingly similar to what you have there.

Of course, mine did not turn blue after I fixed it, either.......lol......

Greg
Greg_P
Greg_P

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil August 20th 2009, 4:16 pm

hey is that a callout?lol!

I still couldn't fix that black one and I've learned a lot since then.
That thing was meh-essed up.

Last edited by Phil on August 20th 2009, 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Phil
Phil

Back to top Go down

Post  IcallhimGeorge August 20th 2009, 4:27 pm

After I pulled my motor I pulled the truck out the shop to the side of my shop. One Saturday afternoon I was working around the yard and decided to move the truck with my forklift. I had the forks under the front axle and was backing up just a few feet when the forks slipped out from under catching nicely on my tie rod. After cussing repeatedly at my rainbow shaped tie rod I got back up on the lift and started again. When I moved around the shop I felt a little resistance so I gave a little more gas and parked the rear tires of the lift directly on my hood.

Kris - 0
George - 2

This was a bad day.
IcallhimGeorge
IcallhimGeorge
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2