BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

alternator bracket and mini options

5 posters

Go down

alternator bracket and mini options  Empty alternator bracket and mini options

Post  5pointslow May 19th 2023, 7:18 am

So i'm looking to move my alternator possibly to a mini deal and move it as i have a set of forward facing headers in the agenda . I have a lead on a place that are in the works of making forward exit headers foxbody that will work with mounts an or a front plate

This is what i currently have
https://www.cvfracing.com/ford-429-460-big-block-alternator-bracket-electric-water-pump/
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

alternator bracket and mini options  Empty Re: alternator bracket and mini options

Post  stanger68 May 19th 2023, 7:14 pm

So if i remember correctly you guys bracket race a lot? Do you nit see any consistency variations with running an alternator? Just curious about maybe adding one to mine. Ive seen the round trackers using pinion driven units but not sure that would work too well on a drag car.

stanger68

Back to top Go down

alternator bracket and mini options  Empty Re: alternator bracket and mini options

Post  Mark Miller May 19th 2023, 11:36 pm

5pointslow wrote:So i'm looking to move my alternator possibly to a mini deal and move it as i have a set of forward facing headers in the agenda . I have a lead on a place that are in the works of making forward exit headers foxbody that will work with mounts an or a front plate

https://www.cvfracing.com/ford-429-460-big-block-alternator-bracket-electric-water-pump/

Can you post a picture of the current bracket set up on your engine?Thanks

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  5pointslow May 19th 2023, 11:55 pm

alternator bracket and mini options  20230510
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Post  5pointslow May 19th 2023, 11:56 pm

5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Post  5pointslow May 19th 2023, 11:57 pm

stanger68 wrote:So if i remember correctly you guys bracket race a lot? Do you nit see any consistency variations with running an alternator? Just curious about maybe adding one to mine. Ive seen the round trackers using pinion driven units but not sure that would work too well on a drag car.

I run 1 battery and like running one but I know others that don't and have 2 battery's. Just more of piece of mind to me
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller May 20th 2023, 11:50 pm

5pointslow wrote:alternator bracket and mini options  20230510

Thanks i wonder if that set up would work with my set up i'm using a 5.0 Serpentine crank pulley!!

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 May 21st 2023, 12:43 am

5pointslow wrote:So i'm looking to move my alternator possibly to a mini deal and move it as i have a set of forward facing headers in the agenda . I have a lead on a place that are in the works of making forward exit headers foxbody that will work with mounts an or a front plate

How many passes do you make a night at a race?

Do you ever check valve lash between passes or during a race and use a bump switch?

Do you bring a generator or have electrical hookup you can use in the pitts?

Do you push the car in the staging lane if it's busy?

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller June 6th 2023, 11:05 pm

5pointslow wrote:alternator bracket and mini options  20230510

Were you using an Electric Water Pump with that Bracket Set Up?

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  Slowride August 26th 2023, 1:09 am

Here's what I fabbed to run a mini Denso on my 545
alternator bracket and mini options  Alt210

Slowride

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down