BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bastard Head Pro Stock Engine on the Auction Block?

3 posters

Go down

Bastard Head Pro Stock Engine on the Auction Block? Empty Bastard Head Pro Stock Engine on the Auction Block?

Post  supervel45 August 23rd 2023, 9:47 am

I am Going by the height of the Exhaust Port to the Top of the Exhaust Bolt Boss Location from crappy pictures.

The Port appears Higher to me.

4speed390, you where looking for a old Pro Stock engine. Not sure exactly what this is but, it may be worth checking?

Rest in Peace Lem. You were the Man in this area along with Charlie. Below is some Info on them.

One of the pictures survived the Photo Bucket Massacre in the below thread, on these rare heads.

https://www.460ford.com/threads/anyone-running-the-bastard-pro-stock-heads.113794/

And a Much Better Easier to Read Breakdown of the Heads.

https://www.429-460.com/t122p25-cylinder-head-info-gathered-by-djohagin

Some Early A460 Blocks Also Had 2.75" Mains. Deck Height is something Else good to check.

The Partial Engine for sale below. Not Mine. Buyers always beware.

https://www.facebook.com/commerce/listing/245336054565490/?media_id=4&ref=share_attachment

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Bastard Head Pro Stock Engine on the Auction Block? Empty Re: Bastard Head Pro Stock Engine on the Auction Block?

Post  supervel45 August 27th 2023, 4:27 am

This Pro Stock ( It's 528CID Now, Not 500 or Below ) Kind of Fits in Here Also.

It's Reduced to from 40K to 36K in the New Majic Money that's highly inflated now so it's not as Expensive as it appears in 2023 Money, and I doubt could ever be Built from Used Parts for Less.

The FRPP 572/655HP Crate Engine is Between 17K-21K Asking Price for Reference.

For Reference their are 3 or 4 other JC50/51's out there and Asking price is 59K.

https://www.facebook.com/commerce/listing/731848765037248/?media_id=0&ref=share_attachment

The Three Engines in This Thread or Serious Pieces of Ford 385 Series Racing History with Ford SVO/FRPP Part Numbers.

Any Luck 4Speed390, on your Quest Yet?

I Looked for Mr. Neff when you last Mentioned Him and These Engines (JC50/51 New Deal) and could not find anything on it. Did it get Postponed?

supervel45

Mark Miller likes this post

Back to top Go down

Bastard Head Pro Stock Engine on the Auction Block? Empty Re: Bastard Head Pro Stock Engine on the Auction Block?

Post  4speed390 January 26th 2024, 3:14 am

Supervel45, I am still looking to build a JC50 "Hemi" headed Pro stock engine...however right now (as can often happen) life has gotten in the way. I hope to resume progress this year, and I have some really talented people willing to help. As far as any JC51 equipment, it would appear that Mr Neff has the a Monopoly Laughing on them and for now wants to keep it that way. I am not worried as I am told by many people that the JC50 equipment, specifically the heads, are a tad better anyhow. So I am confident in the route I am taking. Do not worry, when progress resumes I do intend on posting pictures and starting a thread on this build...hopefully that will satiate the masses Very Happy Very Happy

4speed390

dfree383 and Mark Miller like this post

Back to top Go down

Bastard Head Pro Stock Engine on the Auction Block? Empty jc50 engine

Post  hbstang January 27th 2024, 8:48 pm

i think you should buy the one on fb in the link.thats pretty cheap if you ask me! lol
hbstang
hbstang

Back to top Go down

Post  4speed390 January 27th 2024, 11:23 pm

hbstang wrote:i think you should buy the one on fb in the link.thats pretty cheap if you ask me! lol
You are definitely not wrong...that would be cheaper than I could ever hope to build one...unfortunately I do not have that lump sum cash right now.

4speed390

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 February 1st 2024, 3:12 pm

4speed390 wrote:
hbstang wrote:i think you should buy the one on fb in the link.thats pretty cheap if you ask me! lol
You are definitely not wrong...that would be cheaper than I could ever hope to build one...unfortunately I do not have that lump sum cash right now.

The Way the Price is Falling on that one, JC50, it may be in the 20's soon. As they say on these deals Money Talks and Bullshit Walk's, and it's been up at least a year.

If whoever is selling the RacingJunk/FB SVO Block and Bastard Heads for 4K was not so flaky they would likely be gone by now, maybe, so I have heard. Arrow

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down