BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The mini Kaase will finaly be done today :) cant wait to see how it runs

+9
billandlori
paulie
83-88T-Bird Guy
hillbillyerv
Nevs
jasonf
Tommyj466
bruno
nuclearcobra
13 posters

Go down

The mini Kaase will finaly be done today :) cant wait to see how it runs Empty The mini Kaase will finaly be done today :) cant wait to see how it runs

Post  nuclearcobra January 10th 2010, 10:21 am

The mini Kaase will finaly be done today :) cant wait to see how it runs Th_Kaase302ci020 The mini Kaase will finaly be done today :) cant wait to see how it runs Th_Kaase302ci018 The mini Kaase will finaly be done today :) cant wait to see how it runs Th_Kaase302ci019
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

The mini Kaase will finaly be done today :) cant wait to see how it runs Empty Re: The mini Kaase will finaly be done today :) cant wait to see how it runs

Post  bruno January 10th 2010, 12:46 pm

looks good .but they say Jegs on the cylinder heads ...or did kaase design those ?

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

The mini Kaase will finaly be done today :) cant wait to see how it runs Empty Re: The mini Kaase will finaly be done today :) cant wait to see how it runs

Post  Tommyj466 January 10th 2010, 1:02 pm

Yeah Kaase designed those heads and sold them through Jeg's. I think they are what he sells as the P-38 on his site now. I think.

TJ
Tommyj466
Tommyj466

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf January 10th 2010, 1:11 pm

That will be interesting to see. I have never seen anyone else run them before.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs January 10th 2010, 1:13 pm

Tommyj466 wrote:Yeah Kaase designed those heads and sold them through Jeg's. I think they are what he sells as the P-38 on his site now. I think.

TJ

He talked about the "experience" at last years tech seminar. I think that's why he is selling them now... Laughing
Kind of explained the whole "big box" store mentality Exclamation It wasn't a good thing...
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  hillbillyerv January 10th 2010, 1:17 pm

look great any estimated hp? Cool
hillbillyerv
hillbillyerv
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy January 10th 2010, 2:25 pm

Nevs wrote:

He talked about the "experience" at last years tech seminar. I think that's why he is selling them now... Laughing
Kind of explained the whole "big box" store mentality Exclamation It wasn't a good thing...[/quote]

I remember that. He talked about all of the returns and the hassles involved. Makes sense, because most people didn't read all of the details about those special heads before they bought them.
83-88T-Bird Guy
83-88T-Bird Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra January 10th 2010, 5:09 pm

Yes its a Kaase head back then it was called the jegs/kaase canted valve head. I bought them 6 years ago now there called the P38. They have 2.10-1.60 valves with a 247cc intake port and the flow is 345 @700 lift even at 400lift they flow 280 and at 500 they flow 328 so i figured i'll trying them on a 302ci its a 86 short block from a lincoln lsc with factory flat tops with no valve reliefs. The factory heads had 69cc chambers these are 60cc so compression should be good. The cam i used is a comp flat hyd 244@.050-534 lift with comps pro magnum lifters they have to be set like a solid cam .002-.004 hot (talk about a tight lash). I think i know why a lot of people returned them the only problem i ran into was some of the head bolt holes were a little to small for the stepwashers to drop in and some of the washers didnt fit diameter wise in the upper bolt holes because the rocker stud boss needed a little clearence but heck it only took maybe an hour to do two heads. It also says uses any 7/16 stud rocker for the small block ford and it doesent my comp pro magnum rockers were too wide so i dug up some crane energizer rockers i had and they work, the other thing is jegs has the part # for the 5/16 push rods for either hyd roller or solid roller and they have 3/8 guide plates plus the lengths arent even close which didnt matter to me because i always check them an order the size i need. A lot of people who order from summit or jegs can bolt on a pair of heads or intake but know little else to engine building, i was one of them years ago i remember sending back a pair of iron world sr. heads to summit because when i pushed down on the valve spring i could hear crunch crunch from the metal shavings and grit fallin out of them now i could care less nothing goes on untill its takin apart and checked and cleaned. As far as power i have no idea a guy i talked too put a pair on a 393 windsor with the standard flat tops with 4 valve reliefs and a 250 duration cam so he didnt need to worry about puttin new notches in the pistons because of the bizarre valve angles and he's been runnin 9.93 na 1/4 mile in a 2800 lb mustang so well see its going in my 76 cobra two.

Last edited by nuclearcobra on January 13th 2010, 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  paulie January 11th 2010, 11:42 pm

I am very interested in seeing what this will do also. suscribing!

paulie

Back to top Go down

The mini Kaase will finaly be done today :) cant wait to see how it runs Empty Dropin it in today yeeha

Post  nuclearcobra January 13th 2010, 9:39 am

The mini Kaase will finaly be done today :) cant wait to see how it runs Th_Kaase302ci022 The mini Kaase will finaly be done today :) cant wait to see how it runs Th_Kaase302ci024 The mini Kaase will finaly be done today :) cant wait to see how it runs Th_Kaase302ci025
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra July 12th 2010, 11:55 am

I relize i never posted results i guess i been having too much fun beatin on it Smile the best so far with a 125 shot was a 10.856 @120.67 mph and a 1.448 60' the best ever 60' was a 1.403 last friday nite but only got a 10.887 because i pulled 2nd way too soon. The pic is with the 1.448 when i had the 1.403 it yanked um higher and longer than that Twisted Evil not too shabby for a stock shortblock and a small cam Cool The mini Kaase will finaly be done today :) cant wait to see how it runs Th_7-2-1076cobra2005
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori July 12th 2010, 12:06 pm

nuclearcobra wrote:I relize i never posted results i guess i been having too much fun beatin on it Smile the best so far with a 125 shot was a 10.856 @120.67 mph and a 1.448 60' the best ever 60' was a 1.403 last friday nite but only got a 10.887 because i pulled 2nd way too soon. The pic is with the 1.448 when i had the 1.403 it yanked um higher and longer than that Twisted Evil not too shabby for a stock shortblock and a small cam Cool The mini Kaase will finaly be done today :) cant wait to see how it runs Th_7-2-1076cobra2005

Damn, that looks like a fun ride!!

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper July 12th 2010, 2:07 pm

Sounds like a cool build but it seems from reading form the head specs that those heads are better suited for a lot bigger engine and/or very high rpm.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug July 12th 2010, 2:13 pm

whatbumper wrote:Sounds like a cool build but it seems from reading form the head specs that those heads are better suited for a lot bigger engine and/or very high rpm.

my thoughts exactly... thats alot of flow for no cubes...

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power July 12th 2010, 2:16 pm

I didn't catch what the final displacment was. Just a 351 punched 30 over or what? Stroked?
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  fordsbyjay July 12th 2010, 3:07 pm

bb429power wrote:I didn't catch what the final displacment was. Just a 351 punched 30 over or what? Stroked?

trying them on a 302ci its a 86 short block from a lincoln lsc with factory flat tops with no valve reliefs

fordsbyjay

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power July 12th 2010, 3:13 pm

fordsbyjay wrote:
bb429power wrote:I didn't catch what the final displacment was. Just a 351 punched 30 over or what? Stroked?

trying them on a 302ci its a 86 short block from a lincoln lsc with factory flat tops with no valve reliefs
I mist have skipped that line, I see it now. Okay thanks.
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra July 12th 2010, 11:23 pm

Yes the heads are way overkill for this motor, i bought them for a 427 stroker motor i was plannin untill i added up about 9 grand to complete it Shocked so in the closet they went for 6 years. Then i blew the motor to shreds and the cheapest route to get my mustang going again was use these heads. I had world products heads i tried and they had no piston to valve clearance even with a small cam but the kaase heads did and some because of the valve angles, so the 302 sittin in the garage got to try them, like i said its overkill for this combo but i figured it would come to life with the juice everything does Very Happy O and it ran 12.24 all motor it would have been hi 11's but a nitrous only converter sucks on motor only.
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug July 13th 2010, 6:48 am

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper July 13th 2010, 9:28 am

nuclearcobra wrote:Yes the heads are way overkill for this motor, i bought them for a 427 stroker motor i was plannin untill i added up about 9 grand to complete it Shocked so in the closet they went for 6 years. Then i blew the motor to shreds and the cheapest route to get my mustang going again was use these heads. I had world products heads i tried and they had no piston to valve clearance even with a small cam but the kaase heads did and some because of the valve angles, so the 302 sittin in the garage got to try them, like i said its overkill for this combo but i figured it would come to life with the juice everything does Very Happy O and it ran 12.24 all motor it would have been hi 11's but a nitrous only converter sucks on motor only.

that makes sense, use what you have. My previous statement was based on the guy that bought my old maverick has a little ole 9.5:1cr 306 in it with AFR 185's and a c4 running low 11's.

gook luck

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down