BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New truck time 6.0 left me stranded again today warraynty runs out Dec what to buy

+19
56Tbird
whitefield
IDT-572
cool40
61coon
Tennessee Bullitt
D's557BBF
pipedobber
jbozzelle
powerstrokeace
dfree383
yellowhorse7
blown86hallet
bruno
richter69
jesse
John Myrick
schmitty
studly
23 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

New truck time 6.0 left me stranded again today warraynty runs out Dec  what to buy Empty New truck time 6.0 left me stranded again today warraynty runs out Dec what to buy

Post  studly November 23rd 2011, 8:47 pm

Looking at new Dodge
and
New Ford

so far the Dodge is about 8,000 cheaper than the Ford just in the sticker price.

i do not want to get another POS so i am thinking the cummins is the way to go.

thoughts and oppionons?
studly
studly

Back to top Go down

New truck time 6.0 left me stranded again today warraynty runs out Dec  what to buy Empty Re: New truck time 6.0 left me stranded again today warraynty runs out Dec what to buy

Post  schmitty November 23rd 2011, 9:05 pm

I'm really liking the new Ford diesel. I have about 10k on it now, and doing the stuff I do around the farm, it's doing about 14mpg right now, and I 've had it do close to 20 running down the highway. I have yet to hit all of the throttle on it too. My brother has a couple of the 6.7L Dodge's and he isn't impressed at all. They have spent too much time in the shop and mileage sucks. Cool
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

New truck time 6.0 left me stranded again today warraynty runs out Dec  what to buy Empty Re: New truck time 6.0 left me stranded again today warraynty runs out Dec what to buy

Post  John Myrick November 23rd 2011, 9:07 pm

The Dodge's are still having front end problems
John Myrick
John Myrick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jesse November 24th 2011, 1:18 am

i am no diesel expert
but i think cummins like the powerstroke need to get back to what made them great
12v cummins is a great motor so is a 7.3 powerstroke
seems like the newer stuff is kinda a downgrade
jesse
jesse

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 November 24th 2011, 1:21 am

2011 ford for the win.......
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno November 24th 2011, 7:20 am

richter69 wrote:2011 ford for the win.......

i was in the same deal ...... just acted a little sooner ...the f150 ecoboost would have been fine for the amount of racing i do and it is getting right at 22mpg and its the wife's dailey driver , i ended getting the 6.7 about 2 months ago and it is a monster at the farm , in 4 x4 , towing , dailey driver, etc.... it averages about 18 mpg cheers

x2 6.7 for the win cheers

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  blown86hallet November 24th 2011, 12:45 pm

studly wrote:Looking at new Dodge
and
New Ford

so far the Dodge is about 8,000 cheaper than the Ford just in the sticker price.

thoughts and oppionons?

get a-hold of me. I'll get you an X-plan on a FORD!!!! Save some money, and have a way better truck too.!
blown86hallet
blown86hallet

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowhorse7 November 24th 2011, 1:11 pm

richter69 wrote:2011 ford for the win.......

X1000. Although I love my 6.0 drw. But it as already been through the needed changes to make it a solid deal.
yellowhorse7
yellowhorse7

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 November 24th 2011, 1:41 pm

Ford is definetly a better Chassis, But I hear you on the cost, the prices on the stuff is just plain out of site.... Must ne made of "special" stuff.... Rolling Eyes

I can say I'm definetly out of the Diesel market for a long time, just can't justify the cost.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  studly November 24th 2011, 7:36 pm

I emailed Ford yesterday and asked them the following questions to there headquarters sales department

Dear Ford

I am a current Ford F350 owner 2006 model 6.0 powerstroke deisle. my warranty runs out in December and i am trading this truck in. I stopped at my local Ford Dealership where i purchased this truck approxiatmaly 5 years ago. My truck has been in the shop approximatly 15 times in the 5 years i have owned it starting about 60,000 miles. Turbo, fuel injection wiring harness, intercooler, high pressure oil pump, Mass air sensor, air cleaner asymble the list goes on. my question is when i looked at the new Ford f350 i was told the warranty is only 60,000 miles i also looked at a new duramax diesle on the lot it was 5,000 cheaper and comes with a 100,000 mile warranty. I have been a loyal ford customer since my very first car, My question is the following.

Why would i purchase another truck from you for More money and less warranty than a comparable compettirors vehicle? Especially after all the trouble my truck has had in the past i have reciepts for over 12,000.00 in warranty work documented by this dealership.I am not asking for a handout but what will you do to maintain my buisness with you.

I will be purchasing a vehicle by the end of December and awaiting your response.

this is basically just a little portion of what i wrote i included the prices off the window stickers i took off the Ford, Dodge and Chevy not including any of the rebates that they are all offering

I will wait and see what there response if any is
studly
studly

Back to top Go down

Post  studly November 24th 2011, 7:39 pm

blown86hallet wrote:
studly wrote:Looking at new Dodge
and
New Ford

thoughts and oppionons?

get a-hold of me. I'll get you an X-plan on a FORD!!!! Save some money, and have a way better truck too.!

I will contact you once i make up my mind alot of it will be based on how Ford treats me, My dealership has been very good, but for this amount of money it is just crazy this truck has done this. My preivious truck 99 Model f250 V10 never saw the shop until i tradded it. I was expecting the same out of this deisle but no luck
studly
studly

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 November 24th 2011, 8:33 pm

As far as dependability goes the 6.0/6.4 is a huge letdown, on the other hand, with nearly all 6.0's out of warranty and more and more 6.4's joning the list everday, my paycheck has been on the increase....... Even in this tough economy. If I had to depend on the 6.7's for a paycbeck I would be flipping burgers at the McDonalds.

Thank you FOMOCO for using a worthless engine for the past 8 years........
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  powerstrokeace November 24th 2011, 9:09 pm

I'm glad I have kept my 99 f350 super duty Crew cab dually. It only has 44k on it right now but has done well. Now I just need to install new o-rings in the fuel canister. Leaks when real cold.

Ace
powerstrokeace
powerstrokeace

Back to top Go down

Post  studly November 24th 2011, 9:21 pm

my 99 f250 had 125,000 miles on the v10 i changed the plugs and transmission and coolant and breaks one time. I want somone to come on here that has a new one with 80,000 or more with towing to say its the best truck they ever had. Probbaly asking to much
studly
studly

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle November 24th 2011, 9:29 pm

Don't know about you guys but I'm finished buying new trucks... Just got rid of my '08 6.4 diesel. Couldn't justify the note for the amount of "real" diesel truck things I do. I have a gasser F250 for a DD and still have my 334,000 mile 2001 7.3 for the few and far between "real" diesel truck things I need to do..

Do you just need a truck to tow a car to the track? If so, buy a used diesel... If you want the bling of a new truck or truly need a workhorse call Adam, get the X-Plan pin from him and buy a new 6.7

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 November 24th 2011, 9:33 pm

We havr several customers with 11's and well over 70k miles, we just change oil on them. I did have to replace a stater on one last week, I will say the guy wjo designed its placement needs an ass whippin', its good we font eork on them much becsuse they are a bitch to work on.......
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  pipedobber November 24th 2011, 10:31 pm

I don't have many miles on mine yet, but it weighs 12,600 lbs everyday and is worked every day. I can honestly say I thought it would be tough to give up the 7.3, but it wasn't as tough as I thought. The truck seems to be holding up well so far. Nicest work truck I have ever owned. I think Ford did a good job on it.

pipedobber
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  D's557BBF November 28th 2011, 7:59 am

If I were you, I would listen to Jon (richter69) he DOES NOT hold back his words when it comes to these trucks! He is giving the new Truck great reviews and that would be good enough for me. I have listen to him blast the last Ford big trucks (6.0 / 6.4 ) since 2005. He is the only one on this site that has everyday direct contact with them good or bad.

Just my 2 cents!
D's557BBF
D's557BBF

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 November 28th 2011, 11:28 am

Between the operating expense, intial cost to purchase and cost of fuel, I'd seriously look as just getting a 6.2 gas powered Superduty. Unless you are Constantly pulling or have a justifiable reason, the diesels are just to expensive for casual towing.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  D's557BBF November 28th 2011, 3:42 pm

dfree383 wrote:Between the operating expense, intial cost to purchase and cost of fuel, I'd seriously look as just getting a 6.2 gas powered Superduty. Unless you are Constantly pulling or have a justifiable reason, the diesels are just to expensive for casual towing.

BINGO WE HAVE A WINNER!!!
D's557BBF
D's557BBF

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 November 28th 2011, 4:29 pm

..................but if you do need to pull a heavy load dont expect a gasser to shine, meanwhile I have a 6.4 cab to pull to replace a leaky turbo drain tube, replace its 3rd leaky radiator..........and 2 more sets of 6.0 coolers after that...................quality
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  studly November 28th 2011, 5:03 pm

Well spoke to ford they basically said talk to dealer for incintives, no help, bill to fix truck estimate $3,546.74 said 1,2,5 injectors have miss while cold, also snap to high pressure oil pump leaking and needs dummy plug seals replaced and stand up pipes.

OMG
studly
studly

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 November 28th 2011, 5:33 pm

sounds like another day at work............... Very Happy

you could buy all the parts and and fix it yourself for like 1200 bucks.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 November 28th 2011, 7:21 pm

richter69 wrote:..................but if you do need to pull a heavy load dont expect a gasser to shine, meanwhile I have a 6.4 cab to pull to replace a leaky turbo drain tube, replace its 3rd leaky radiator..........and 2 more sets of 6.0 coolers after that...................quality

but it will do fine, it just not 90 mph hammer time up a 15% grade....... Problem is peoples ego's get in the way of praticality and good sence.....
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 November 28th 2011, 7:28 pm

just make sure you get the f-ck outta my way then......... Laughing

Not having enough will get you into trouble faster than having more than you need.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next