BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I started planning my next project.

3 posters

Go down

I started planning my next project. Empty I started planning my next project.

Post  Doug Rahn January 10th 2010, 11:10 am

This is just a rough draft CAD drawing I've been working on until I get the SFI 25.1E book, but for now it will give me an idea on how much tubing I will need. Originally I wanted to build a 2010 Mustang, but to help save some money and move this thing along, I decided to use the '65 Mustang Fastback I have sitting in the shop. Maybe a turbo motor for this one, or I may use the 598 in the '90 Mustang, who knows! Anyway it will probably take me longer to build this one than it did the '90 Fox lol! Here's a screen shot and you can see why I was desperate to recover my CAD files from the old computer. I had a library of engine and car parts I created that save a bunch of time when drawing this stuff, crank trigger, danny bee, shocks, brackets, etc..

I started planning my next project. ScreenHunter_02Jan100941
Doug Rahn
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/228081

Back to top Go down

I started planning my next project. Empty Re: I started planning my next project.

Post  69F100 January 10th 2010, 12:34 pm

Looks like a good plan but I don't know much on a tube chassis want you need some tubes running to the rear if the car ? Doug that is a cool program you had recoved from the old pc.
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

I started planning my next project. Empty Re: I started planning my next project.

Post  Doug Rahn January 10th 2010, 12:44 pm

69F100 wrote:Looks like a good plan but I don't know much on a tube chassis want you need some tubes running to the rear if the car ? Doug that is a cool program you had recoved from the old pc.

There will be, this drawing is far from being finished. I still have to draw out the front suspension, engine placement, etc.
Doug Rahn
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Tommyj466 January 10th 2010, 1:07 pm

That is Cool ! I play with Autocad at work some, but I suck at it so far! That gives me some inspiration to learn more of it! With the attention to detail and craftsmanship you put into your cars, I would love to see this project take off. Oh, and when your done, I'll send you my fastback for an extreme make-over!

TJ
Tommyj466
Tommyj466

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 January 10th 2010, 2:35 pm

[quote="Doug Rahn"]
69F100 wrote:Looks like a good plan but I don't know much on a tube chassis want you need some tubes running to the rear if the car ? Doug that is a cool program you had recoved from the old pc.

There will be, this drawing is far from being finished. I still have to draw out the front suspension, engine placement, etc.[/quote

That is what I figured but just trying to learn more on the different chassis designs didn't know if it was some new chassis design or not. I should have looked alittle closer before the ? and I would have seen you hadn't drawed the front suspension
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Rahn January 10th 2010, 2:42 pm

[quote="69F100"]
Doug Rahn wrote:

There will be, this drawing is far from being finished. I still have to draw out the front suspension, engine placement, etc.[/quote

That is what I figured but just trying to learn more on the different chassis designs didn't know if it was some new chassis design or not. I should have looked alittle closer before the ? and I would have seen you hadn't drawed the front suspension

No problem, it never hurts to ask questions. To me the only dumb question is the one that's never asked. cheers
Doug Rahn
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down