BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

$$$anyone around Dayton Ohio wanna do the oiling mods on my block$$$

+3
342g
bbf-falcon
7 posters

Go down

$$$anyone around Dayton Ohio wanna do the oiling mods on my block$$$ Empty $$$anyone around Dayton Ohio wanna do the oiling mods on my block$$$

Post  138 February 1st 2010, 8:31 pm

anyone around Dayton Ohio wanna do the oiling mods on my block thats done em before?... I have all the stuff do it and am willing to pay. gota get it done real soon as the block is about to go to machining.

Back to top Go down

$$$anyone around Dayton Ohio wanna do the oiling mods on my block$$$ Empty Re: $$$anyone around Dayton Ohio wanna do the oiling mods on my block$$$

Post  bbf-falcon February 1st 2010, 8:49 pm

I can do them for you on a day off . I've got a engine i'm putting together right now,but if I get the bearings from Lem wed. it should be done hopefully by weekend.

Me and Harold (342g) did his back in the summer. I have my own tools.
Are you in a big rush?

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

$$$anyone around Dayton Ohio wanna do the oiling mods on my block$$$ Empty Re: $$$anyone around Dayton Ohio wanna do the oiling mods on my block$$$

Post  138 February 2nd 2010, 2:40 pm

Jackson is a little to far no? not in a huge rush just wanna get this block to the shop so I can get the right stuff ordered. I might just do the Dist. mod first then the rest after machining as some one suggested. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  138 February 2nd 2010, 4:05 pm

"oil flows from the oil pump into the block via the oil pump pad. This pad has a 1/2-inch oil gallery on the production blocks and may be opened to 9/16-inch so as to match the exit gallery on the Stage 1 & Stage 2 oil pumps.
OEM Oil Pump Pad, .500" Diameter:"

do the same 9/16 hole for a Kasse pump?

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon February 2nd 2010, 9:07 pm

Hey 138, Its a job you can handle yourself. Harold Webster (342g)hasn't started his build yet. I did his block. He will let you look at it . It's really simple, ya just have to be careful not to break that little bit off in the block from the cam bearing to the dizzy gear base. I have did alot of them, usually takes a couple of hrs. w/right tools.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  342g February 2nd 2010, 11:16 pm

Yep, I already offered, he said he was going to give it a shot, I'm sure he will be o.k., how is jack today?
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug February 3rd 2010, 7:00 am

on my old SCJ Block I drilled the oil pump passage out to 5/8 and then the line back in also......but on that build I also took the bridgeport to the oil pump and worked it over and the lapping table and so on and so on....

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  342g February 3rd 2010, 12:03 pm

I got me one of those high dollar Kasse pumps, shouldn't have to modify it. Very Happy Very Happy
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  138 February 3rd 2010, 5:13 pm

342g wrote:I got me one of those high dollar Kasse pumps, shouldn't have to modify it. Very Happy Very Happy

does it have a 9/16" hole?

Back to top Go down

Post  342g February 3rd 2010, 5:42 pm

I don't know it is still in the box. Very Happy
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Kane February 4th 2010, 1:40 am

138 wrote:
342g wrote:I got me one of those high dollar Kasse pumps, shouldn't have to modify it. Very Happy Very Happy

Does it have a 9/16" hole?
Relative to the specific block oiling mod in question: it doesn't matter whether any oil pump's exit gallery is 1/2-inch or 9/16-inch diameter. It's the block gallery that needs the attention. Enlarging the pump-to-filter pad makes a very noiticable difference in oil pressure behavior by virtue of the improved ability for the oil in the pump to replenish the downstream oil which is bleeding off from the mating parts of the engine, regardless of whether the pump is standard volume, high volume, 1/2-inch exit gallery or 9/16-inch exit gallery. I tell my clients and customers that if there is any one, single oiling mod that they should do to their passenger car block, it is to enlarge the pump-to-filter pad to 9/16-inch.

It is of no consequence to enlarge the pump-to-filter pad to 9/16-inch and then use a standard volume oil pump of any kind (Kaase, M84 Series, etc.) that has a 1/2-inch exit gallery; the block mod is still a worthwhile improvement to the passenger car block's oiling system under such circumstances.

Paul
Paul Kane
Paul Kane

http://www.highflowdynamics.com

Back to top Go down

Post  138 February 4th 2010, 1:58 am

Shocked thanks.. and also a big thanks for the instructions for the mods. Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon February 4th 2010, 2:18 am

Paul Kane wrote:
138 wrote:

Relative to the specific block oiling mod in question: it doesn't matter whether any oil pump's exit gallery is 1/2-inch or 9/16-inch diameter. It's the block gallery that needs the attention. Enlarging the pump-to-filter pad makes a very noiticable difference in oil pressure behavior by virtue of the improved ability for the oil in the pump to replenish the downstream oil which is bleeding off from the mating parts of the engine, regardless of whether the pump is standard volume, high volume, 1/2-inch exit gallery or 9/16-inch exit gallery. I tell my clients and customers that if there is any one, single oiling mod that they should do to their passenger car block, it is to enlarge the pump-to-filter pad to 9/16-inch.

It is of no consequence to enlarge the pump-to-filter pad to 9/16-inch and then use a standard volume oil pump of any kind (Kaase, M84 Series, etc.) that has a 1/2-inch exit gallery; the block mod is still a worthwhile improvement to the passenger car block's oiling system under such circumstances.

Paul

I enlarged Harold's (342g)to 9/16 Smile

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  138 February 4th 2010, 3:01 am

Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  342g February 4th 2010, 1:36 pm

bbf-falcon wrote:
Paul Kane wrote:
138 wrote:

Paul

See you are worth a fu-- Very Happy j/k
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon February 4th 2010, 2:09 pm

Just too a selected few Laughing

I may not be worth a f..., but I have some really great friends. cheers

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  racnrick February 4th 2010, 2:20 pm

bbf-falcon wrote:

affraid WOW, I don't know what to say, Rick Shocked

Sorry, Rick I had to say it before someone else did. Very Happy lol!

racnrick

Back to top Go down

Post  342g February 4th 2010, 3:33 pm

Rick, U NEED TO DELETE THAT POST., before the wrong people sees it. Very Happy Very Happy
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  138 February 4th 2010, 7:14 pm

Mad

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans February 4th 2010, 7:30 pm

Just make the exit of the pump and the entry to block match and go have fun .

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  138 February 4th 2010, 8:13 pm

I got it off... just a little heat. gonna blend the radius and I'm all finished. Then I can drop this thing off to machining and tell you what bore I'm going with. And finally send some $$$$ your way. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  342g February 4th 2010, 8:25 pm

138 wrote:I got it off... just a little heat. gonna blend the radius and I'm all finished. Then I can drop this thing off to machining and tell you what bore I'm going with. And finally send some $$$$ your way. Very Happy

you just made a friend for life. Very Happy cheers
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down