BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ford Sales Up BIG!!

+6
the1969fordguyinky
John I.
blown86hallet
cletus66
Diggindeeper
billandlori
10 posters

Go down

Ford Sales Up BIG!! Empty Ford Sales Up BIG!!

Post  billandlori February 2nd 2010, 5:01 pm

I just saw that Ford says it's sales in January were up 25%. Wow!! Good products will sell.

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Ford Sales Up BIG!! Empty Re: Ford Sales Up BIG!!

Post  Diggindeeper February 2nd 2010, 5:35 pm

yeah its great. I was looking at an edge. Wasnt impressed with the dealer when i was there the other day and they said "we're not starting ANY of the vehicles today...too cold"
how the F*&^ do you figure you can sell vehicles if you refuse to start them?
Went to Dodge......they had no problems throwin us the keys for the journey.
(wife wants a journey)
I dont really care what she wants to drive...i just dont want to have to fight with the damn dealers all the time.
So whoever is the easiest to deal with, and has what she likes gets our business. I'm a Ford guy but i'm not gonna beg them to buy a car from them.
I've heard bad things from others about the dealer here and i can see why. I'm glad ford is doing well though, inspite of shitty dealers. But they do seem to have a good lineup right now.
Diggindeeper
Diggindeeper

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori February 2nd 2010, 6:06 pm

Yeah, back in 2002 when we bought our first Ram, the Ford dealer was arguing with me as to the options the Ram had on it. I had always owned Fords and was comparing all of the big three. Personally I was rooting for the Ford, but after driving adn comparing options etc., we went with the Ram. I thought he should have known a bit more about his competition.

I hate going into a dealer and knowing more about THEIR PRODUCT than they do.....

Good sales numbers anyway!!!

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  cletus66 February 2nd 2010, 7:01 pm

March 5.0 Mustang mag has a HUGE article on the new Coyote Mustang motor. It looks like a real nice piece. Hopefully they will sell a million of 'em. I try to avoid the politics, but I hope Ford destroys Govt Motors and the Fiat guys.
cletus66
cletus66

Back to top Go down

Post  blown86hallet February 2nd 2010, 7:58 pm

YOu Guy's have no IDEA how happy big "D" and I are about what Ford has done!! Huge steps! HUGE!! Just wait, we (my group) is working on a 2.0L v-6 turbo 350+ hp. Yes I said it! Get ready small car market!
blown86hallet
blown86hallet

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori February 2nd 2010, 11:01 pm

blown86hallet wrote:YOu Guy's have no IDEA how happy big "D" and I are about what Ford has done!! Huge steps! HUGE!! Just wait, we (my group) is working on a 2.0L v-6 turbo 350+ hp. Yes I said it! Get ready small car market!

I always thought it would be a dream come true to work in the Powertrain dept. I applied for a job at the Windsor Engine Plant years ago but didn't get it. That would have been great!!

Keep up the good work!!

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  John I. February 2nd 2010, 11:14 pm

They took most of the sales from Toyota - they're down 16%.

John I.
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  blown86hallet February 3rd 2010, 8:16 am

billandlori wrote:I just saw that Ford says it's sales in January were up 25%. Wow!! Good products will sell.

Bill

Also on our list. Turbo 4 cylinder (gas), and an all aluminum 4 cylinder turbo DIESEL going in Crew cab RANGERS!. Good stuff.
blown86hallet
blown86hallet

Back to top Go down

Post  the1969fordguyinky February 3rd 2010, 9:14 am

Why we (um, american cars i.e. FORD) don't crank out 4 cylinder turbo diesels that go 50MPG when that technology has been around since the 90s or so is such a mystery to me. The Volkswagon TDI does it...
the1969fordguyinky
the1969fordguyinky

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug February 3rd 2010, 9:17 am

the1969fordguyinky wrote:Why we (um, american cars i.e. FORD) don't crank out 4 cylinder turbo diesels that go 50MPG when that technology has been around since the 90s or so is such a mystery to me. The Volkswagon TDI does it...

and run like a scalded ape too the VW turbo cars are some quick little cars

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  blown86hallet February 3rd 2010, 9:57 am

the1969fordguyinky wrote:Why we (um, american cars i.e. FORD) don't crank out 4 cylinder turbo diesels that go 50MPG when that technology has been around since the 90s or so is such a mystery to me. The Volkswagon TDI does it...

Many of people have asked this same question. Answer I got.

Not a big call for them and Emission will make the price to much in the near future..

I have to agree (Why are we not doing diesel's also), Audi, and VW, along with Chrylser are offering diesel's in their smaller line-up of vehicle's here in the U.S.A.....

We (FORD) have a ton of little truck's with 4 cyl diesel's in them... Oh wait, in Brazil, mexico, china.... etc... Suspect
blown86hallet
blown86hallet

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori February 3rd 2010, 10:13 am

It seems like the Diesel emission standards are way, way to tight. It is costing the trucking industry big time. The new standards get worse fuel economy, doesn't make sense.....

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  cletus66 February 3rd 2010, 11:21 am

"Particulate emissions" problem brought to you by the same queers who claim that the dust from a farmer plowing his field and your breath are both "pollution".

You can't have:

Windmills........kill birds
hydroelectric...kills fish
nuclear...........radioactive waste
rifle................too precise, "sniper weapon"
shotgun..........too random
etc, etc, etc....

NOTHING is good enough for the watermelon crowd. (Green on the outside, RED on the inside)

It isn't about car sales or unemployment numbers. The watermelon queers won't be happy till you are riding a bicycle, living in a mud hut, eating cats, fertilizing you rice paddy with human $h:t, and waiting around for the govt with your hand out.

Ooops, I just went off on a tangent, but that European diesel thing has been bugging me for years... Evil or Very Mad
cletus66
cletus66

Back to top Go down

Post  PROSTREET66 February 3rd 2010, 12:39 pm

Well it"s about time someone else got thier ass hammered besides Ford.Toyota is really going to take a ass hammering over this pedal control problem.They should have taken care of it years ago instead of screaming how bad Ford"s quality control was.Well how does it feel now Toyota...your fuckin quality isn"t too good now!!!!I like some of the other guys on here work for Ford and are tired of getting bashed by Toyota about quality control.Now the shoe is on the other foot I hope they take a bath in it for awhile.Just my 2 cents worth......Michael
PROSTREET66
PROSTREET66

Back to top Go down

Post  blown86hallet February 3rd 2010, 1:04 pm

PROSTREET66 wrote:Well it"s about time someone else got thier ass hammered besides Ford.Toyota is really going to take a ass hammering over this pedal control problem.They should have taken care of it years ago instead of screaming how bad Ford"s quality control was.Well how does it feel now Toyota...your fuckin quality isn"t too good now!!!!I like some of the other guys on here work for Ford and are tired of getting bashed by Toyota about quality control.Now the shoe is on the other foot I hope they take a bath in it for awhile.Just my 2 cents worth......Michael

I feel ya'.

The public never hears about "Imports" having a recall.. BUt,,, hell if Ford has one IT'S front page news. This has been a problem for Toyota sense 1999. (never heard about it do ya') over 2,500 incidents, 300+ accidents, 18 or so death's (off the top of my head). The big 3 have never had this kind of problem!! DIE TOYOTA!!!
blown86hallet
blown86hallet

Back to top Go down

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy February 3rd 2010, 1:30 pm

Ford has their act together right now. Very Happy

Hope they can keep it up!
83-88T-Bird Guy
83-88T-Bird Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  uf63 February 4th 2010, 12:01 am

I had an 82 Toyota pick up bought it new, it went out of warranty had some bad issues with the trans and 4wheel Dr. took it to the dealer and when we drove it he said "if we had that problem, this what it would be--- but we don't have that problem" got the $1,700.oo bill N/C there was no problem Just like what they tried to hide this time.
uf63
uf63

Back to top Go down

Post  Diggindeeper February 4th 2010, 12:10 am

my favorite is a bunch of the early tundras had to be bought out by toyota due to frame rot. Exclamation
then they test the new Ford, Chev, and Yota in a mogul course....YIKES. The chevs are junk but the Toyota just plain fell apart. Box damn near came clean off. Fords drove nice and straight no problems.

NOW they'res another Toyota recall with brake failures to the prius's.. Epic!
Its no secret there was problems with some of them, but now they're sharing some space under the microscope like the big three have been doing for years
Diggindeeper
Diggindeeper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down