BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Morgan's lookin' real good so far after 1st rd. of qualifying in Phoenix. UPDATE! Rd. 2....

+9
John I.
bbf-falcon
DFI429
res0rli9
Nevs
LivermoreDave
D. Sea
uf63
ThndrChkn
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Morgan's lookin' real good so far after 1st rd. of qualifying in Phoenix. UPDATE! Rd. 2.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Morgan's lookin' real good so far after 1st rd. of qualifying in Phoenix. UPDATE! Rd. 2....

Post  ThndrChkn February 23rd 2010, 12:38 pm

I agree 100% Dave. As you may already know, Edwards has 60's in the low .990'-high .980's most of the time. And I think from Pro Stock on "down" to the Sportsman ranks, the 60' is probably the most vital area of the track. Though the GM guys (at least a couple of them) still have an edge in the HP dept. as well. But Edwards "does" get that thing movin' in a hurry.

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Morgan's lookin' real good so far after 1st rd. of qualifying in Phoenix. UPDATE! Rd. 2.... - Page 2 Empty JUST ANOTHER 2 CENTS!

Post  LivermoreDave February 23rd 2010, 10:13 pm

First let me say what I know about race car dynamics you could put into a thimble, and then you would have to look to see if the thimble contains anything! With that said, here's my point of view of a few NHRA P/S entries this season.

Alan Johnson has had some of the quickest 60' times I've noticed from the P/S contingency. AJ's elapsed times are good although speed is not quite there. Now, not necessarily at the opposite end of the spectrum, Mike Edwards 60' has been a bit slower, with "killer et's" and huge speed relative to the event. Is it possible that the current NHRA P/S chassis is at it's work limit relative to engine power? Are the faster entries simply doing a better job of applying the power to the track? Say for example, their '60's must be "soft" to get the car going simply because the tire and/or chassis available will not provide the needs for the enormous power some entries are making. A few entries have enough power on hand to make the car quick from 330' on to 1320'. Big top speeds! The entries are simply running harder at the stripe, now using the power they have available. I have been told for several years of P/S entries, good clutch management is not only a "must", it's closer to an absolute!

Just another $0.02.
Dave.

LivermoreDave

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2