BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rody Crankshaft? (the original post was a year ago)

+17
schmitty
The Pope
boss_bart
ASedan
Nevs
AZFairlane
IDT-572
4speed
D. Sea
rmcomprandy
bigblockfox468
paulie9fingers
the Coug
bbf-falcon
jones
Diggindeeper
bb429power
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Rody Crankshaft? (the original post was a year ago) Empty Rody Crankshaft? (the original post was a year ago)

Post  bb429power February 21st 2010, 8:52 pm

Has anyone ever heard of a Rody Crankshaft? There's a business in my city and the sign outside says "RO-DY Crankshafts" I can't find much on them and I've read a couple of things that said they were good. Anyone ever hear of them, do you have a link to their website, are they good?

Last edited by bb429power on February 24th 2011, 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Rody Crankshaft? (the original post was a year ago) Empty Re: Rody Crankshaft? (the original post was a year ago)

Post  Diggindeeper February 21st 2010, 11:55 pm

I just googled it and on Yellow Bullet they had good things to say. fwiw.
Around here everyone likes Adney @ performance crankshaft.
Diggindeeper
Diggindeeper

Back to top Go down

Rody Crankshaft? (the original post was a year ago) Empty Re: Rody Crankshaft? (the original post was a year ago)

Post  jones February 22nd 2010, 12:19 am

I use Adney! Parts went togather great and hes a good friend.

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon February 22nd 2010, 12:24 am

X3, You won't get any better technical crankshaft service anywhere than (Adney Brown) at Performance Crankshaft Wink

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug February 22nd 2010, 9:16 am

I agree with Adney you don't have to do the mix and match game like in another shop... and when he says it is right you can bet on it..... Great friend also..... just keep away from his Sharpie Laughing

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power February 22nd 2010, 9:49 am

Okay, so can anybody tell me exactly where Adney iss located and if he has a store? I heard he's in Roseville, MI. And I would still like to hear more about RODY Crankshafts regardless of if I'm buying from them or not. They apparently sell billet cranks but I cant find much, there just around the block or not even that. I don't know if its a place you can just walk into though. Laughing
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  paulie9fingers February 22nd 2010, 9:57 am

. . don't know anything about RODY, but I used Adney too Very Happy .
paulie9fingers
paulie9fingers

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug February 22nd 2010, 10:04 am

bb429power wrote:Okay, so can anybody tell me exactly where Adney iss located and if he has a store? I heard he's in Roseville, MI. And I would still like to hear more about RODY Crankshafts regardless of if I'm buying from them or not. They apparently sell billet cranks but I cant find much, there just around the block or not even that. I don't know if its a place you can just walk into though. Laughing

unless you are building a very high end engine I see no need for a billit crank for you....unless you are wanting to make in access of 800hp the cast is fine over that go Forged....unless you just wish to spend $3800 for a crank....

from your specks the 550hp just get a cast and run it....

Randy

Last edited by the Coug on February 22nd 2010, 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblockfox468 February 22nd 2010, 10:07 am

I thought I seen somewhere that said you are here in Michigan , whether that is the case or not talk with Adney Exclamation

Adney Brown –Performance Crankshaftinc
His signature describes his services pretty well, I think:
PERFORMANCE CRANKSHAFT INC,. YOUR FIRST STOP FOR CRANKSHAFT REPAIR , MODIFICATIONS AND CUSTOM CRANKSHAFTS /; ROTATING ASSEMBLIES ... coffee donuts and entertainment available at no extra charge ... shop phone 586-549-7557 lounge phone 313-873-6588
bigblockfox468
bigblockfox468
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy February 22nd 2010, 11:02 am

bb429power wrote:Okay, so can anybody tell me exactly where Adney iss located and if he has a store? I heard he's in Roseville, MI. And I would still like to hear more about RODY Crankshafts regardless of if I'm buying from them or not. They apparently sell billet cranks but I cant find much, there just around the block or not even that. I don't know if its a place you can just walk into though. Laughing

Adney's office is in his home in Roseville ... the shop is in downtown Detroit.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power February 22nd 2010, 3:51 pm

yeah, I'm from Plymouth, MI. I already have the crank in mind and I'm getting it very soon, its a cast eagle crank and i will work out the imperfections that come with it from eagle. Its cast and I knew cast could handle the power. The only reason I posted this is because I wanted to know if anyone had ever heard of them before since I haven't. I will probably talk to Adney when I end up doing a drag car build Twisted Evil Yhanks for the help, I had never heard of Adney before this.
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea February 22nd 2010, 4:17 pm

Adney at Performance Crankshafts INc. is THE MAN! Of course I could be a little biased Razz

Rody Crankshaft? (the original post was a year ago) PerformanceCrankshaftP1010008

Never heard of Rody crankshafts Question
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  4speed February 22nd 2010, 7:17 pm

Since you're in Plymouth MI. you could'nt go by Flow Technologies & wake up someone there to answer the phone could ya? Very Happy I have a friend that wants some info on the EX iron heads but no answer in over 3 months, left messages no call backs. Can anyone on here get them?-A
4speed
4speed

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug February 22nd 2010, 8:16 pm

I would like to see if This Rody guy will go out of his way to help you out and above and beyond to make sure your crank works good.....and is right before you get it.....

I know Adney does and more..... you can Guarantee when you get it from Adney it is RIGHT he is the Best there is and competative in cost....

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power February 22nd 2010, 9:14 pm

4speed wrote:Since you're in Plymouth MI. you could'nt go by Flow Technologies & wake up someone there to answer the phone could ya? Very Happy I have a friend that wants some info on the EX iron heads but no answer in over 3 months, left messages no call backs. Can anyone on here get them?-A
I didn't know that there was a Flow Technologies in Plymouth, it might be a while as I do not get out much. I'll google map it. And I know who I'm going to when I build my 557 down the road........Adney.
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power February 22nd 2010, 9:24 pm

bb429power wrote:
4speed wrote:Since you're in Plymouth MI. you could'nt go by Flow Technologies & wake up someone there to answer the phone could ya? Very Happy I have a friend that wants some info on the EX iron heads but no answer in over 3 months, left messages no call backs. Can anyone on here get them?-A
I didn't know that there was a Flow Technologies in Plymouth, it might be a while as I do not get out much. I'll google map it. And I know who I'm going to when I build my 557 down the road........Adney.
Your going to have to give me a link. On the map it shows its just around the corner but I think the map is incorrect.
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 February 22nd 2010, 9:34 pm

I didn't know that there was a Flow Technologies in Plymouth, it might be a while as I do not get out much. I'll google map it. And I know who I'm going to when I build my 557 down the road........Adney.[/quote]

If your going to build that 557 with a Eagle cast crank ................... (Good Luck ) You will need it. Shocked

Your on here asking a ass load of questions , and getting a ass load of answers , but not paying attention to many of them. Rolling Eyes

You will find out people on here wont tell you something wrong. Wink
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power February 22nd 2010, 9:41 pm

No I'm listening. The thing is that the original question was just to see if anybody knew who RODY Crankshafts were. I'm getting an Eagle crank for my 466 build right now and I know I need to check the journals because of their polishing methods. Cool but I don't know what I'm doing when I build my 557 I'm not doing it any time soon though. Is there something more to Eagle that's bad? I know about where they are cast and how they polish them down quick which wears them like an hourglass, but is there something really bad that I need to know about? I might seem like I'm not listening, but I just want to know more so it can help me out later on. I want to make sure I know these things as I want to be a machinist.

Thank you and everyone else for helping me out.
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 February 22nd 2010, 9:44 pm

Lem and I compared a eagle crank to a Scat crank a good while back. Maybe one of the search guru's will post it for us............... All I can say is it's an eye opener.

It needs to be a sticky..........
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  AZFairlane February 22nd 2010, 10:06 pm

If you're building a 466, why would you use anything except a stock Ford crank?
AZFairlane
AZFairlane
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug February 22nd 2010, 10:26 pm

I agree if you are building a 466 use a stock crank they are much better than an Eagle they will hold Hellatious
power no need for an aftermarket crank for 3.85 stroke.....Stock is best...

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  Diggindeeper February 22nd 2010, 11:45 pm

the Coug wrote:I agree if you are building a 466 use a stock crank they are much better than an Eagle they will hold Hellatious
power no need for an aftermarket crank for 3.85 stroke.....Stock is best...

Randy

x2 ALSO, CHEAP AND PLENTIFUL, and they dont look like they were carved out of a block of "steel" with a chainsaw. In a fit of stupidity i bought one of these Eagle stroker cranks a few years back, BUT i redeemed myself but leaving in sit in the corner. Laughing Trust me, they're ugly.
Diggindeeper
Diggindeeper

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power February 23rd 2010, 7:36 pm

Well its a 429 that I am putting a 460 crank in because of A I can't find pistons with a low enough compression ratio that I like for a 429, and B for more low end torque. Yes its going to be 550hp and 650ft-lbs, but its going to be street driven. Plus I don't like the idea of buying ANY used crank, I don't know how hard it was beat on.
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  Diggindeeper February 23rd 2010, 8:06 pm

bb429power wrote:Well its a 429 that I am putting a 460 crank in because of A I can't find pistons with a low enough compression ratio that I like for a 429, and B for more low end torque. Yes its going to be 550hp and 650ft-lbs, but its going to be street driven. Plus I don't like the idea of buying ANY used crank, I don't know how hard it was beat on.

Abused or not, i dont think the eagle piece has a chance in a strength test vs the OEM crank.
set up a poll...who has broken a 460 crank and how much power it took?
Diggindeeper
Diggindeeper

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug February 23rd 2010, 8:58 pm

regardless how hard a 460 crank has been beaten it will not hurt it compared to an eagle, the Eagle will fail before the factory cast will.....

JMHO
Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next