BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MSD Dist set up luck??

2 posters

Go down

MSD Dist set up luck?? Empty MSD Dist set up luck??

Post  powerstrokeace February 26th 2010, 10:15 pm

I'm looking for information pertaining to the msd dist set ups. This is a drag race only motor and I'm looking in to some starting problems and advancing problems. as for starting once the engine is warmed up it will crank like it has to much advance and kick back some times. Now how I set it up is the light silver springs and the all ready installed 21˚ bushing. I really never cared for the initial timing at Idle and Would only set it up at 3000 rpm expecting full advance to be there. So with that being said I started checking the timing at Idle (1200-1500 rpms ) and its like 27˚ and 30˚ at 3000 rpms and up. WTF??? If you take out the 21˚ from 30 I should have 9˚ but I don't. The advance weights are free and move fine. Anybody have some weird deals like this

Ace
powerstrokeace
powerstrokeace

Back to top Go down

MSD Dist set up luck?? Empty Re: MSD Dist set up luck??

Post  DJOHAGIN February 26th 2010, 11:53 pm

Did you try the other 2 forums?

I answered your question in the other.

It would show more courtesy if you posted a question in one forum. If you don't get an answer, then try other. And don't expect an answer in two minutes.

Rolling Eyes

Dave

DJOHAGIN

Back to top Go down