BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trickflow releasing a new intake?

+10
KY JELLY
'65 T-BOLT
IDT-572
Diggindeeper
jones
the Coug
richter69
rmcomprandy
dfree383
Maddmattmustangs
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Trickflow releasing a new intake? - Page 2 Empty Re: Trickflow releasing a new intake?

Post  the Coug March 3rd 2010, 9:27 pm

Blake I corrected my mistake sorry typing to fast....

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Trickflow releasing a new intake? - Page 2 Empty Re: Trickflow releasing a new intake?

Post  IDT-572 March 3rd 2010, 11:25 pm

c.evans wrote:
dfree383 wrote:
IDT-572 wrote:
dfree383 wrote:It would be cool if they offered them in Polymer too.........................

Hell just be glad we have another Intake besides the Victor Edelbrock for a moderate power building big block..................

The Chevy guys have one of every flavor................. Rolling Eyes

Two tunnel rams for a conventional headed Ford and both were designed for a over headed, short stroke, small cube big block.

We have p-51's flowing over 400 cfm, and no manifolds to complement them.

Sucks............
I stll don't think the manifoild is the only limiting part of the conventional cj style heads like we discussed last weekend.

Dave,

Since last weekend, when that engine stalled out at 926-927 Hp with the ported Weiand tunnel ram and the two 1150 Quick Fuel carbs, the fully ported Victor single plane has gone back on it. Phillip Oakley has worked his magic with the one Quick Fuel 1250 carb, and it is making 942 Hp with the same VP113 gas. That's + 15 Hp.

I'm just thinking that we found the high side limit of the Weiand tunnel ram, in terms of not enough cross sectional area, and not enough taper in the runners. This high side limit did not show up in either of your EMC engines, or Randy's engine, because of the much smaller CID of those three engines, verses this 557 deal.

Charlie

The fact that the tunnel was a good 30 ft lb tq better than the Victor and at 700 rpm lower at peak on the 557 P-51 engine is why it worked well on the EMC engines average. It shows it did an excellent job of filling the cylinders down low but couldn't get the job done up top.

Also to what Charlie said, the tunnel was way short on plenum on an engine at 557 inches and a good set of P-51's.

Probably suited to a 500 inch or less engine, if your wringing all you can get out of it hp wise. If your looking for high torque it's your answer..............
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY March 3rd 2010, 11:53 pm

were the egt's higher on the corner cylinders ?
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans March 4th 2010, 12:29 am

Randy,

Good question. I'll have to go back and look. I do know that there seemed to be a left bank/right bank thing going on.

Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 March 4th 2010, 7:47 am

I'm thinking the TR has something going on with the velocity vs CID. Making substantialy more torque and HP but steadily loosing it to peak advantage.

What I'm thinking is the port section / velocity / size of cylinder requiring filling is unhappy.......

The conventional Head IMO needs more port volumn and curtian area for the velocity the TR is producing? In order to reduce it to make it useable.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Diggindeeper March 4th 2010, 9:09 am

Dave, Do you think when limited to a single carb, which do you think would have an advantage the TR with a single, or a Victor, or say the upcoming Mafia intake?
Diggindeeper
Diggindeeper

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 March 4th 2010, 9:57 am

The new TFS manifold should be a Great Piece.

But their is still something to be had in the TR and I think it is capible of out performing the low single 4, by a wide margine, but it won't be out of the box.

On Charlies dyno tests from what I saw, Keep in mine I haven't layed out everything an analized the data, but looking at the graphs the TR Killed the Single 4 from the hit in HP and TQ and tapered off to about equal at the peak. It wasn't Just torque production. There is something to be had.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs March 4th 2010, 10:20 am

IDT-572 wrote:
dfree383 wrote:It would be cool if they offered them in Polymer too.........................

Hell just be glad we have another Intake besides the Victor Edelbrock for a moderate power building big block..................

The Chevy guys have one of every flavor................. Rolling Eyes

Two tunnel rams for a conventional headed Ford and both were designed for a over headed, short stroke, small cube big block.

We have p-51's flowing over 400 cfm, and no manifolds to complement them.

Sucks............

No joke there!!
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY March 4th 2010, 11:03 am

I would think with 2 1150's on that cubic in engine the carb signal would be squat at a high rpm
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs March 4th 2010, 11:59 am

KY JELLY wrote:I would think with 2 1150's on that cubic in engine the carb signal would be squat at a high rpm

With the tunnel rams?
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy March 4th 2010, 12:11 pm

dfree383 wrote:I'm thinking the TR has something going on with the velocity vs CID. Making substantialy more torque and HP but steadily loosing it to peak advantage.

What I'm thinking is the port section / velocity / size of cylinder requiring filling is unhappy.......

The conventional Head IMO needs more port volumn and curtian area for the velocity the TR is producing? In order to reduce it to make it useable.

The Weiand TR RUNNERS are less than 4 square inches in area and have almost no taper when opened to CJ size; they are also WAAAAY to long for anything much over 514 cubic inches.
Do the math; it's all right in front of us. Shorten the runners and port at least a little taper in them and it will be a different outcome on a larger engine.
The later Weiand TR's which don't have the runners extending into the plenum top are a much better length to be used with a large engine but, still aren't big enough at the opening.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans March 4th 2010, 6:25 pm

KY JELLY wrote:I would think with 2 1150's on that cubic in engine the carb signal would be squat at a high rpm

Randy,

We started out with a pair of Quick Fuel reworked 800 cfm Holley carbs. They weren't enough and the 1150 Dommy style carbs made more power. The heads flow 420 cfm and I think they give a pretty good signal on that 559 CID engine.

Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 March 4th 2010, 7:03 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:
dfree383 wrote:I'm thinking the TR has something going on with the velocity vs CID. Making substantialy more torque and HP but steadily loosing it to peak advantage.

The Weiand TR RUNNERS are less than 4 square inches in area and have almost no taper when opened to CJ size; they are also WAAAAY to long for anything much over 514 cubic inches.
Do the math; it's all right in front of us. Shorten the runners and port at least a little taper in them and it will be a different outcome on a larger engine.
The later Weiand TR's which don't have the runners extending into the plenum top are a much better length to be used with a large engine but, still aren't big enough at the opening.

We have a winner............ Bingo.

It will take a bunch of work to fix the tunnel to work on a 557-562 inch P-51 headed deal.
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 March 4th 2010, 8:22 pm

Yes but the one who does it should get some major paybacks.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans March 4th 2010, 9:09 pm

And,,,,Kaiser 6061 T6511 alum. bar stock, along with some alum. plate was purchased today from Evansville Sheet Metal Works. Work has begun. David Willingham, I need another one of those BB Ford valley plates, just like you did for me last time, .200" thick please.

Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY March 5th 2010, 1:13 pm

this
Trickflow releasing a new intake? - Page 2 E-460BT

and that

Trickflow releasing a new intake? - Page 2 E-BAU-3-SB

big power at 7500 rpm Smile
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs March 5th 2010, 1:29 pm

That thing looks awsome..... Shocked

although i always liked the carborator scoops over the multi port Fuel injection scoops
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 March 5th 2010, 1:40 pm

Other than the "Three Eyed" Weird looking thing Laughing cyclops Look Like something to start hacking up there....................
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY March 5th 2010, 1:51 pm

Razz Razz you must be working on a lawn mower or weed eater lol!
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck stevens March 5th 2010, 11:09 pm

Dat 3 eyed thang bee's an ENDERLE "Big Ugly".

chuck stevens

http://E-MAIL= stevensracingent@aol.com

Back to top Go down

Trickflow releasing a new intake? - Page 2 Empty Re

Post  HorsinAround March 18th 2010, 4:09 pm

Emailed Trickflow yesterday and they are now saying it won't be until June before we see the new intake. Oh well, looks like I'll be running the current intake another year. lol

AP
HorsinAround
HorsinAround

http://www.frontpagefab.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2