BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to get a JW bell off of a C4 pump ?

3 posters

Go down

How to get a JW bell off of a C4 pump ? Empty How to get a JW bell off of a C4 pump ?

Post  jbozzelle March 7th 2010, 12:48 pm

The JW bell is stuck to the front pump on my C4. How can I get it off? Will I need to pull the pump out with it then beat it off?

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

How to get a JW bell off of a C4 pump ? Empty Re: How to get a JW bell off of a C4 pump ?

Post  '65 T-BOLT March 7th 2010, 1:24 pm

BFH..deadblow hammer
'65 T-BOLT
'65 T-BOLT

Back to top Go down

How to get a JW bell off of a C4 pump ? Empty Re: How to get a JW bell off of a C4 pump ?

Post  jbozzelle March 7th 2010, 3:05 pm

That's what I thought. I'll try getting one person to hit the pump with a block of wood while I hit the bell from the other side. I'm also going to stick it in the sun for awhile too. Maybe the bell will expand and make it easier.

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldani March 8th 2010, 10:57 am

Make sure that when you do get it apart that you clean any paint/etc off the pump surface where the Bell sits at. The surface needs to be clean for things to seat properly, and often if there's paint it'll end up sticking things together! I always use a small bead of good RTV (any of the Ultra series) around each bolt hole on both sides of the Bell. Learned this the hard way when the first Bells didn't have the recessed spots/o-rings to seal up with. Even with o-rings in use now I still use RTV. That way it'll never leak. Wink
Oldani
Oldani

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down