BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Single Stage External WET SUMP OIL PUMP AND VACUM PUMP

+3
whatbumper
BOSS 429
studly
7 posters

Go down

Single Stage External WET SUMP OIL PUMP AND VACUM PUMP Empty Single Stage External WET SUMP OIL PUMP AND VACUM PUMP

Post  studly January 2nd 2011, 7:24 pm

First time using an External Wet sump pump and Vacuum pump. any suggestions on pressure for oil and how much vac cum should you be pulling. this will be a NOS motor with heavy spray.

86OO RPMs
Oliver Billet rods with ARP 625 Bolts
Diamond Pistons with .043 backcut top ring
.043 napier second ring
20 pound oil ring standard

any thoughts?
studly
studly

Back to top Go down

Single Stage External WET SUMP OIL PUMP AND VACUM PUMP Empty Re: Single Stage External WET SUMP OIL PUMP AND VACUM PUMP

Post  BOSS 429 January 2nd 2011, 7:31 pm

studly wrote:First time using an External Wet sump pump and Vacuum pump. any suggestions on pressure for oil and how much vac cum should you be pulling. this will be a NOS motor with heavy spray.

86OO RPMs
Oliver Billet rods with ARP 625 Bolts
Diamond Pistons with .043 backcut top ring
.043 napier second ring
20 pound oil ring standard

any thoughts?

PETERSON makes a good one . is the block alum? it makes a differance
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Single Stage External WET SUMP OIL PUMP AND VACUM PUMP Empty Re: Single Stage External WET SUMP OIL PUMP AND VACUM PUMP

Post  studly January 2nd 2011, 7:43 pm

This is a Dart Iron Eagle SBF 423 Cubic inches

Moroso single stage external pump
Moroso 4vane enhanced designed vacuum pump
Moroso Drive Mandrel

Asked over here just did not want a bunch of BS from the Bullet thanks for the replies
studly
studly

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper January 3rd 2011, 12:49 am

I would run about 12" of vacuum but oil pressure is up to you. we have ours set about 65lbs.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  Bret Powell January 4th 2011, 10:57 pm

whatbumper wrote:I would run about 12" of vacuum but oil pressure is up to you. we have ours set about 65lbs.

Why just 12# if he's using an external pump?

Bret

Bret Powell

Back to top Go down

Post  DanH January 5th 2011, 6:49 am

Bret Powell wrote:
whatbumper wrote:I would run about 12" of vacuum but oil pressure is up to you. we have ours set about 65lbs.

Bret
External acts the same as the internal . pump is pulling against vacuum

DanH

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 January 5th 2011, 12:30 pm

good thing with the external pump is you can reach over and turn the oil press up if you need to.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper January 5th 2011, 5:57 pm

DanH wrote:
Bret Powell wrote:

Bret
External acts the same as the internal . pump is pulling against vacuum

richter69 wrote:good thing with the external pump is you can reach over and turn the oil press up if you need to.

YEP and YEP.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Single Stage External WET SUMP OIL PUMP AND VACUM PUMP Empty Morosso vacuum pump with internal oil pump??

Post  GaryS January 20th 2011, 5:45 pm

I am considering a Morosso vacuum pump to replace the PCV system. With the extra crankcase pressure of a 557, I don't want oil blowing out the holes or making new holes by blowing gaskets. I searched the forum, but very little discussion about this subject. Is the Morosso pump way overkill and an old OEM emissions pump do the job? Has anyone got a plan?
GaryS
GaryS

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper January 21st 2011, 9:47 am

GaryS wrote:I am considering a Morosso vacuum pump to replace the PCV system. With the extra crankcase pressure of a 557, I don't want oil blowing out the holes or making new holes by blowing gaskets. I searched the forum, but very little discussion about this subject. Is the Morosso pump way overkill and an old OEM emissions pump do the job? Has anyone got a plan?

I would use a race vacuum pump before the emissions stuff. You do need a larger pump for larger motors because not only do you have more volume above the pistons in bigger motors you do in the bottom too so the crankcase is essentially bigger. Have you checked out these? http://www.gzmotorsports.com/vacuum-pumps.html

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down