BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fuel pressure gauge question and flow capacity

5 posters

Go down

Fuel pressure gauge question and flow capacity Empty Fuel pressure gauge question and flow capacity

Post  Tore March 11th 2010, 10:38 am

Are any of you guys running a pressure gauge inside your car using an isolator? How accurate are they using one of these??
Thanks Tore

Last edited by Tore on March 11th 2010, 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tore
Tore

Back to top Go down

Fuel pressure gauge question and flow capacity Empty Re: Fuel pressure gauge question and flow capacity

Post  bruno March 11th 2010, 11:00 am

what is your fuel system ?? is it dead heading ?

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Fuel pressure gauge question and flow capacity Empty Re: Fuel pressure gauge question and flow capacity

Post  Tore March 11th 2010, 11:06 am

Right now its dead heading but I can rework that.

Tore
Tore
Tore

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Rahn March 11th 2010, 12:08 pm

I do. As long as the gauge is at the same level as the isolator, it should be dead nuts. If the gauge is higher it will read low, if it is lower than the isolator it will read higher. Mine is about 1/4 lb off on the low side, gauge is about 1 to 2" higher than the isolator. The reason it does this is the weight of the water/glycol mix in the line from the isolator to the gauge.
Doug Rahn
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/228081

Back to top Go down

Post  Tore March 11th 2010, 12:41 pm

Thanks for the reply. But I have another fuel system question, I have a car here with a Holley Black Pump with a 5/8 dia line all the the way to the reg. Is this big enough to feed a 1050 dominator going thru the traps at 7k rpm. Its 514 ci?

Thanks Tore
Tore
Tore

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblockfox468 March 11th 2010, 12:51 pm

Doug Rahn wrote:I do. As long as the gauge is at the same level as the isolator, it should be dead nuts. If the gauge is higher it will read low, if it is lower than the isolator it will read higher. Mine is about 1/4 lb off on the low side, gauge is about 1 to 2" higher than the isolator. The reason it does this is the weight of the water/glycol mix in the line from the isolator to the gauge.

I have one in my other car and I notice that the gauge is reading pressure when the engine is off and the pump is off. It reads pressure even after sitting long periods...like when it's put up for the winter and re-awaken in spring....I know theres no pressure then, I haven't turned the pump on yet. So that water/glycol weight could be the answer to my situation? scratch

Sorry for the hi-jack.
bigblockfox468
bigblockfox468
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper March 11th 2010, 1:30 pm

My Autometer gauges in the car never go to zero when off but are accurate when on.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down