BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

update on fixed hot start problem

2 posters

Go down

update on fixed hot start problem Empty update on fixed hot start problem

Post  dablack March 11th 2010, 6:02 pm

I drive a 71 F100 to work everyday. It has a mild 460/C6 combo. Usually I drive it to work, it sits all day and I drive it home. Everyonce in a while I would have to take it to run errands. It always had a hard time starting when hot. I turned the timing down a little and put the cheap gas in it too. It helped a little but not completely. I finally started having real problem last summer so I just wouldn't take it except when I knew it would sit for a while and completely cool off. This became a problem and I finally put on a bigger gauge wire that powers the starter. That did it. The old wire was getting hot near the header and wouldn't carry the juice. I bumped back up the timing and put good gas in it. Now I have more power and it starts when hot. I took it up to sonic for lunch today, killed it, ate my lunch and it cranked right back up. I just used a cheap 2 gauge wire from autozone and it is much better than the 3 or 4 gauge that was in there before.

Now that it is getting hot I figured I would post this for others to see.

Austin

dablack

Back to top Go down

update on fixed hot start problem Empty Re: update on fixed hot start problem

Post  tiger March 11th 2010, 11:38 pm

thank you

tiger

Back to top Go down