BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

braided brake line questions

5 posters

Go down

braided brake line questions Empty braided brake line questions

Post  frank13 March 15th 2010, 10:14 pm

So i am considering the skinny kids racing brake line kit...http://www.skinnykidracecars.com/products/555/skrc-brakelinekit

or.......

can i run braided brake line for the entire brake system? I rather run the an lines instead of the hard line to make it easier for me to install...I would still use the bulkhead fittings where the shorter hoses would attach to the chasis to go to the brakes......

Is that NHRA legal and DOT legal also...

Just curious since i can get a great deal on braided -3 and -4

also how do i attach the braided line to the cailper....are there banjo fitting that match up to the AN fitting?
frank13
frank13

http://www.frankskinkracing.com

Back to top Go down

braided brake line questions Empty Re: braided brake line questions

Post  richter69 March 15th 2010, 10:19 pm

use hard line except where you would normally have the soft hoses..............even the braided stuff will swell a bit under pressure and give a soft pedal feel. I bought my gardline and the -3 tube nuts, fittings, and the -3 braided lines all made up from a local roundy round shop..................those guys are good for something.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  frank13 March 15th 2010, 10:42 pm

richter69 wrote:use hard line except where you would normally have the soft hoses..............even the braided stuff will swell a bit under pressure and give a soft pedal feel. I bought my gardline and the -3 tube nuts, fittings, and the -3 braided lines all made up from a local roundy round shop..................those guys are good for something.

richter69,

i asked this cause my local parts guy said his local rock crawlers use the flex line for the complete system...just sounds like a nice easy clean way to run everything...(aeroquip makes the preformed lines to 50 inches) are there any rules against it.....did you happen to check out the skinny kid racing link i added....

would it be aginst the rules to run full braided line?

are there adapters to go from the braided line to the caliper.....(havent found them on google yet)

and i am not questioning you, just like to know every aspect of something....
frank13
frank13

http://www.frankskinkracing.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE March 16th 2010, 1:46 am

frank13 wrote:
richter69 wrote:use hard line except where you would normally have the soft hoses..............even the braided stuff will swell a bit under pressure and give a soft pedal feel.

richter69..............would it be aginst the rules to run full braided line?

Like Jon said using braided line for the entire brake system will cause a much softer/spongy pedal vs a mix of hard & soft line. You use hard line for the majority of the system, and then braided line only where a hard line won't work because a flexible connection is needed. It's not a rules thing, it's a safety thing.
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt March 16th 2010, 9:47 am

frank13 wrote: rock crawlers use the flex line for the complete system.....

They aren't trying stop a 3000 lb vehicle after running full throttle for 660' at 100mph (or more), and with a limited shut down area.

I know we are all about acceleration, but a firm brake pedal is critical in drag racing. study
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  the1969fordguyinky March 16th 2010, 10:14 am

Braided line also adds weight vs. hard line
the1969fordguyinky
the1969fordguyinky

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content