BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trailer Question ?

+10
schmitty
Barney
Larry T
longroofracer
bbf-falcon
jbozzelle
bigblockfox468
whatbumper
richter69
bruno
14 posters

Go down

Trailer Question ? Empty Trailer Question ?

Post  bruno March 26th 2010, 8:28 am

so is there an open trailer that has the same rake/angle of an enclosed trailer , we tried loading my car up on my buddies trailer and the car sits to low Sad ...... if so can someone point me in the right direction

also i see all these new 8.5 x 24,26,28 enclosed trailers going for 3999.00 ...are they even worth a shit ?

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Trailer Question ? Empty Re: Trailer Question ?

Post  richter69 March 26th 2010, 8:29 am

Make longer ramps.............
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper March 26th 2010, 9:03 am

Strategically placed 2x12's do the trick sometimes. We used to haul our T/S Camaro on an open trailer so I know that low cars can go. When our current car had the nitrous engine its headers where about 2.5" from the ground. They would hit badly before we put the 2x12's on the trailer, used long ramps and jacked up the front of the trailer(still hooked to truck). A guy pitted next to us used to unhook his trailer and jack it up really high to unload his Slowmaro until one time the trailer shot forward and the hitch went through the tailgate. Funny as hell.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblockfox468 March 26th 2010, 9:17 am

bruno wrote:

also i see all these new 8.5 x 24,26,28 enclosed trailers going for 3999.00 ...are they even worth a shit ?

Where you seeing these? Got web site?
bigblockfox468
bigblockfox468
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle March 26th 2010, 9:55 am

Look on racingjunk.com

A friend just bought a 32' Lark for $6500 from the factory... Nice trailer too. big axles, 6 lug wheels, etc...

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno March 26th 2010, 10:18 am

bigblockfox468 wrote:
bruno wrote:

Where you seeing these? Got web site?

http://www.trailershopper.com/browse-9-0.html

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon March 26th 2010, 10:18 am

Nick, this isn't a sarcastic remark,but if you are only going to go out 1/2 times a year,I would just rent one for the weekend. Exclamation

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  longroofracer March 26th 2010, 10:51 am

richter69 wrote:Make longer ramps.............
Or try these...
http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Race-Ramps-Trailer-Ramps,9855.html
longroofracer
longroofracer

Back to top Go down

Post  Larry T March 26th 2010, 12:45 pm

i purchased a xtra tuff trailer in georga last october and it has a drop down like a dove trailer for easier loading.i called them and got an out the door price of 4,000 their is some added fees but not too bad.i have pulled the trailer several times loaded and it seems user friendly.the only complaint is i wish i had a diesel for the long up hill pulls.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-2010-8-5X24-8-5-X-24-ENCLOSED-CARGO-TRAILER-V-NOSE_W0QQitemZ250602946573QQcmdZViewItemQQptZTrailers?hash=item3a5919800d
Larry T
Larry T

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney March 26th 2010, 1:04 pm

When I put mine on a open trailer I just jack the front of the trailer up to lower the rear and Viola' does the trick every time and my car sits pretty low, especially since putting the VFN closed nose on the car.
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty March 26th 2010, 1:14 pm

Just sell that car and get a truck with some big ole Boggers on it and problem solved. Laughing
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  cobrakid8 March 26th 2010, 2:46 pm

Nick a friend of ours just brought one of those trailers and has been using it for the past month. It pulls good and it looks pretty good so he got a pretty good deal. The only thing is they did not put a recessed step down at the side door so trying to get into the trailer is a pain and it was included in the price. They said either they could keep it for another week and get it fixed and him come back down to get it or he could bring it back down to them to fix it, but to far away for him so he will just buy a step from a RV to put on it.

cobrakid8

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle March 26th 2010, 3:16 pm

Nick,

Rene is on his second one of that design.

His first one was a Freedom he bought from North Florida Trailer Sales in Lake City, FL. I towed if home empty with no problems. It towed great and was well built. It was a 24' w/v-nose so it was 26' overall plus the tongue. I towed a car in it to Dallas and it towed straight as an arrow as well. He paid about 5K for it I think.

He now has a 32' Lark that he bought from a Lark dealer and picked up at the factory in Georgia. It's got the bigger 5 or 6K axles, etc... it's a nice trailer and says it tows well also. I think he paid right around $6500 for it. Both are nice trailers.

The biggest things I would look for are the frame rails and rear ramp door frame. Make sure the frame is at least 6" tubing and the rear door frame is welded to the chassis. Once those are covered it's just a matter of skinning the damn thing to make it look pretty...

You can now get these same models with the smooth sides which makes them that much more attractive to me as well...

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori March 26th 2010, 3:16 pm

As mentioned, the rental deal might be something to look into. Most trailer sales places have a few they will rent. U-Haul would be a lost resort!!

A buddy of mine races S/S and has been running an open trailer for years. Has a big tool/storage area on the front. He said he got a bunch better mileage with the open.

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Rahn March 26th 2010, 4:39 pm

Barney wrote:When I put mine on a open trailer I just jack the front of the trailer up to lower the rear and Viola' does the trick every time and my car sits pretty low, especially since putting the VFN closed nose on the car.

Same thing I do, just a couple of inches.

Nick, if you want and open trailer, Featherlite all aluminum is the way to go. cheers
Doug Rahn
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/228081

Back to top Go down

Post  bcr466 March 26th 2010, 5:26 pm

Those of you who jack up the front of tlr could do as lots of folks here do. They use 2X6s stepped up, usually about 36 in long and 2 to 3 pieces high nailed or screwed together. Then they put one in front of each rear tire of the tow vehicle and b/c they are stepped, you just drive up on them lifting the front of tlr. When leaving, just back off of them and drop them in the back of truck. They lift the same every time, dont sink down into soft ground like the jack, plus they save that elbow grease running that jack up and down.
bcr466
bcr466

http://cracing@frontiernet.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down