BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Killin' the Sonic with alky fumes...........

+3
Maddmattmustangs
jones
richter69
7 posters

Go down

Killin' the Sonic with alky fumes........... Empty Killin' the Sonic with alky fumes...........**vid added**

Post  richter69 April 7th 2010, 9:03 pm

The little Chevy p/u I built the pump gas 383 for last summer................put an alky carb on it tonight.............sounds pretty pissed off...............awesome street manners...............don't get hot lol.

Gonna take it to the track here in a week or so, see how it does............ Cool

Killin' the Sonic with alky fumes........... Th_Untitled_0087

Last edited by richter69 on April 11th 2010, 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Killin' the Sonic with alky fumes........... Empty Re: Killin' the Sonic with alky fumes...........

Post  jones April 7th 2010, 10:00 pm

We need video!

jones

Back to top Go down

Killin' the Sonic with alky fumes........... Empty Re: Killin' the Sonic with alky fumes...........

Post  richter69 April 7th 2010, 10:23 pm

He's got just a mechanical pump for now, we just wanted to see if it liked it first. Gonna put my Magnafuel pump and regulator on it, make the cell vent bigger. Truck has a real aggressive sound to it now. This is just a 9-1 compression deal, will be interesting to see the track results. It ran some 8.50's in the 1/8th, we'll be taking it back to the same track.

Shit just aint right lol.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs April 9th 2010, 1:51 pm

richter69 wrote:He's got just a mechanical pump for now, we just wanted to see if it liked it first. Gonna put my Magnafuel pump and regulator on it, make the cell vent bigger. Truck has a real aggressive sound to it now. This is just a 9-1 compression deal, will be interesting to see the track results. It ran some 8.50's in the 1/8th, we'll be taking it back to the same track.

Shit just aint right lol.

Im giving ALky a thought....
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Killin' the Sonic with alky fumes........... Empty Video Needed

Post  511Fox April 9th 2010, 6:49 pm

Video Needed Exclamation Twisted Evil tongue

511Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 April 9th 2010, 6:54 pm

I think me and the kid are going to the drive in tonight.............will take Fabio cam........... Cool

Other than the fuel consumption the street manners are as good or better than gas..............I'm rather shocked lol.

With the windows down the wind out of the wrong direction will have you scrambling for air though............
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs April 10th 2010, 7:12 pm

richter69 wrote:I think me and the kid are going to the drive in tonight.............will take Fabio cam........... Cool

Other than the fuel consumption the street manners are as good or better than gas..............I'm rather shocked lol.

With the windows down the wind out of the wrong direction will have you scrambling for air though............
f

yea that and you can run away with more compression Laughing
Probably going to use it in the big block. my little SBF can stick to gas.....well Laughing
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 April 11th 2010, 12:21 am

didnt make it out, I ended up going to the track today but he did take the truck out for a cruise after he got off work.

boy done burned through half a drum already............ Laughing
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 April 11th 2010, 1:52 pm

bump Cool
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs April 12th 2010, 9:21 am

thing does sound good!
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveMcLain April 12th 2010, 2:14 pm

There is no reason at all why methanol would not produce great street manners with a good carburetor package, a warmed up engine and some decently warm weather. I good engine driven pump and a large fuel line is probably all you need for fuel delivery.

DaveMcLain

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori April 12th 2010, 5:54 pm

It's got a nice snotty sound to it!!

People on the sidewalk are prolly wondering why their eyes start watering when he drives by!!

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 May 22nd 2010, 8:53 pm

We put the gas carb back on for the index race last night, went right back to runnin' 8.50's............

Kid ran some 7.90's with the alky carb here 2 weeks ago............
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power May 22nd 2010, 9:34 pm

Once a chevy guy ALWAYS a chevy guy. Once you go chevy you don't go back. Tisk tisk tisk, if someone I know has a chevy I wont let them park outside my house. They're gonna walk! Just razzin you. Razz Is this your sons truck?
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 May 22nd 2010, 9:37 pm

Its the Wife's Boss's son, known him since he was a tot, took him to the races way back in the day.

I think the thing really picks up due to the weight and tight converter............the mph is about the same so its all about torque in this case.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power May 22nd 2010, 9:57 pm

richter69 wrote:Its the Wife's Boss's son, known him since he was a tot, took him to the races way back in the day.

I think the thing really picks up due to the weight and tight converter............the mph is about the same so its all about torque in this case.
How big if the converter? How does the diameter play into effect, I know you said it before but I cant quite remember? At least you got your wife on the boss's good side.
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down