BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ring and bearing suggestion needed.

3 posters

Go down

Ring and bearing suggestion needed. Empty Ring and bearing suggestion needed.

Post  Maddmattmustangs April 27th 2010, 9:23 am

So ive made alot of smallblock posts back in the GD section but finally got some more big block parts related stuff i need to tend to cheers

ANY way what is my best bet for rings and bearings in my 557 (552ci)?
I got a set of probe SRS flat tops in a deal brand new in boxes but no rings with them. 1.350 compression height is about all i know about them for the moment. Ive dictated the 557 to be a race only motor after scoring the bare p-51's and with these pistons im looking at over 13.5:1 compression from what i understand and i would love to keep alot of that up in the combustion chamber Twisted Evil

Also what type of bearings should i be running?

im hoping i can keep this motor together for about 50 to maybe 100 passes between overhauls.

Thanks for any input guys!
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Ring and bearing suggestion needed. Empty Re: Ring and bearing suggestion needed.

Post  dfree383 April 27th 2010, 10:40 am

If your not beating it like a "senseless teenager" it should last a whole lot longer than 50-100 passes (if its a drag only build)

As far as rings a typical speed pro performance 1/16" ring pack with a light oil ring should give you great service in a race car and king or Clevitte performance bearings will work fine too. You don't need anything expensive or exotic to make it last.

Things you do need to be concerned with.

1) getting quality machine work and the right work done.

2) getting dimensions and tolerances correct

3) solid assembly pratices and CLEAN assembly.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Ring and bearing suggestion needed. Empty Re: Ring and bearing suggestion needed.

Post  Maddmattmustangs April 27th 2010, 10:59 am

Lol its going to be a solid race only engine. Ill get something else to beat on Very Happy

Im having a local ford engine builder who i swear if you cut this guy he would bleed ford blue do the assembly in his shop which kinda resembles a clean room Shocked
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon April 27th 2010, 2:52 pm

dfree383 wrote:If your not beating it like a "senseless teenager" it should last a whole lot longer than 50-100 passes (if its a drag only build)

As far as rings a typical speed pro performance 1/16" ring pack with a light oil ring should give you great service in a race car and king or Clevitte performance bearings will work fine too. You don't need anything expensive or exotic to make it last.

XXXXXX22222222

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs April 28th 2010, 9:15 am

bbf-falcon wrote:
dfree383 wrote:If your not beating it like a "senseless teenager" it should last a whole lot longer than 50-100 passes (if its a drag only build)

XXXXXX22222222

I plan on it cheers

went with king bearings but sill drifting through the ring lands Laughing
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down