BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beech Bend Raceway (Bowling Green , KY) is under water !....ALOT OF IT !!

+13
342g
Mark Miller
rmcomprandy
Nevs
56Tbird
the Coug
bbf-falcon
billandlori
AZFairlane
jasonf
Tommyj466
bruno
83-88T-Bird Guy
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Beech Bend Raceway (Bowling Green , KY) is under water !....ALOT OF IT !! Empty Beech Bend Raceway (Bowling Green , KY) is under water !....ALOT OF IT !!

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy May 3rd 2010, 3:22 pm

Shocked Shocked
The red barn top in the 2nd pic is of the ticket barn @ the finish.

Beech Bend Raceway (Bowling Green , KY) is under water !....ALOT OF IT !! BeechBendFlood3
Beech Bend Raceway (Bowling Green , KY) is under water !....ALOT OF IT !! BeechBendFlood11
Beech Bend Raceway (Bowling Green , KY) is under water !....ALOT OF IT !! BeechBendFlood4
Beech Bend Raceway (Bowling Green , KY) is under water !....ALOT OF IT !! BeechBendFlood5
Beech Bend Raceway (Bowling Green , KY) is under water !....ALOT OF IT !! BeechBendFlood6
Beech Bend Raceway (Bowling Green , KY) is under water !....ALOT OF IT !! BeechBendFlood7
Beech Bend Raceway (Bowling Green , KY) is under water !....ALOT OF IT !! BeechBendFlood910
Beech Bend Raceway (Bowling Green , KY) is under water !....ALOT OF IT !! BeechBendFlood9
Beech Bend Raceway (Bowling Green , KY) is under water !....ALOT OF IT !! BeechBendFlood8

Last edited by 83-88T-Bird Guy on May 3rd 2010, 3:49 pm; edited 5 times in total
83-88T-Bird Guy
83-88T-Bird Guy

Back to top Go down

Beech Bend Raceway (Bowling Green , KY) is under water !....ALOT OF IT !! Empty Re: Beech Bend Raceway (Bowling Green , KY) is under water !....ALOT OF IT !!

Post  bruno May 3rd 2010, 3:30 pm

THEY BETTER HURRY AND DRY THAT SHIT OUT !!!! ....... ive got to take KY's money on the 23rd Twisted Evil

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Beech Bend Raceway (Bowling Green , KY) is under water !....ALOT OF IT !! Empty Re: Beech Bend Raceway (Bowling Green , KY) is under water !....ALOT OF IT !!

Post  Tommyj466 May 3rd 2010, 3:35 pm

That's terrible. Our track up here in Owingsville is FLOODED as well, don't know for sure about Clay City. Sad

Beech Bend Raceway (Bowling Green , KY) is under water !....ALOT OF IT !! Flood018
Beech Bend Raceway (Bowling Green , KY) is under water !....ALOT OF IT !! Flood011
Tommyj466
Tommyj466

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno May 3rd 2010, 3:40 pm

its going to take weeks to clean these places up ...and hopefully the water resides quickly ......... good ole mother nature

www.bfevansraceparts.com
bruno
bruno

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno May 3rd 2010, 3:53 pm

looks like May 9th ...they should be all cleaned up

www.bfevansraceparts.com
bruno
bruno

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf May 3rd 2010, 3:55 pm

Holy crap. No that is some serious flooding.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy May 3rd 2010, 4:41 pm

As high as the water is, the mud will be thick. Crying or Very sad

I don't think the cleanup will be as quick as some people might believe.
83-88T-Bird Guy
83-88T-Bird Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  AZFairlane May 3rd 2010, 4:48 pm

Why do people build a dragstrip in the middle of a river?
AZFairlane
AZFairlane
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori May 3rd 2010, 4:50 pm

Wow, that is terrible.

Is that going to cause any permanent damage to the track surface?

That system has caused a bunch of damage and unfortunately death too. I heard over 20 deaths on the news Sad

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon May 3rd 2010, 4:50 pm

Tommyj466 wrote:That's terrible. Our track up here in Owingsville is FLOODED as well, don't know for sure about Clay City. Sad

Beech Bend Raceway (Bowling Green , KY) is under water !....ALOT OF IT !! Flood018
Beech Bend Raceway (Bowling Green , KY) is under water !....ALOT OF IT !! Flood011

Tommy, If I remember right,Owingsville sets really Low down in a hole.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug May 3rd 2010, 5:28 pm

bruno wrote:THEY BETTER HURRY AND DRY THAT SHIT OUT !!!! ....... ive got to take KY's money on the 23rd Twisted Evil

bruno you don't have to worry about KY's money remember he sold his chassis with no chassis no race..... Crying or Very sad

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird May 3rd 2010, 6:30 pm

Ky sold his 70 chassis ......not the BadBoy lol! king
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Tommyj466 May 3rd 2010, 6:45 pm

Tommy, If I remember right,Owingsville sets really Low down in a hole.[/quote]

Yeah Rick, down in a hole with a fair size creek running along the tree line behind the track. Pretty bad deal. I hate to see Beech Bend like that. That dude in the boat by the Holley crosswalk is bizarre!

TJ
Tommyj466
Tommyj466

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs May 3rd 2010, 7:45 pm

Unreal! I wouldn't wish that on anyone. pale Crying or Very sad
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy May 3rd 2010, 8:00 pm

Last year in the middle of May, DAYTONA USA was flooded all the way up the banking to the wall.
It WAS a lake ... almost 80 feet deep in the infield. ALL track vehicles, (22 of them), along with two jet dryers were trash and EVERYTHING inside every building.
A month and a half, (and a whole bunch of money), later for the 4th of July race, it was "spick & span".

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller May 4th 2010, 1:25 am

Wow that's just crazy i would bet it's going to take a long time for that to dry out.I guess it was a good call on NMCA's part to cancel the race this past weekend wasn't it supposed to be at Beech Bend?

Later Mark.

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  342g May 4th 2010, 7:50 am

bbf-falcon wrote:
Tommyj466 wrote:That's terrible. Our track up here in Owingsville is FLOODED as well, don't know for sure about Clay City. Sad

Tommy, If I remember right,Owingsville sets really Low down in a hole.

Check the flags, flying proudly,.......... priceless cheers
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori May 4th 2010, 12:31 pm

Good eye on the flags, that's really cool!!

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy May 4th 2010, 1:01 pm

Truly sad to see BB like that. I have loved that track since the 70's when my Dad took the whole family to watch the NHRA Sportsnationals.
That was the day I got hooked on drag racing.

More pics:

http://turnermotorsports99.blogspot.com/2010/05/posted-5-3-10-flood-of-2010-at-beech.html
83-88T-Bird Guy
83-88T-Bird Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea May 4th 2010, 3:28 pm

Mark Miller wrote:Wow that's just crazy i would bet it's going to take a long time for that to dry out.I guess it was a good call on NMCA's part to cancel the race this past weekend wasn't it supposed to be at Beech Bend?

Later Mark.

Yes Mark,

I was planning on racing that event but I made the call Wednesday night "I'm not going" due to the forecast. I'm glad NMCA cancelled the race Thursday afternoon/evening.

Shame to see Beech Bend under water like that. BG is my favorite track...
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy May 4th 2010, 4:42 pm

Video of Dallas Jones talking about Beech Bend:

http://www.wbko.com/home/headlines/92704414.html
83-88T-Bird Guy
83-88T-Bird Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  blown86hallet May 4th 2010, 6:06 pm

You guy's have it the wrong way round!
It's now set up for DRAG BOATS!!!!!!! Shocked
blown86hallet
blown86hallet

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori May 4th 2010, 6:29 pm

[quote="blown86hallet"]

You guy's have it the wrong way round!
It's now set up for DRAG BOATS!!!!!!! Shocked

Now there is a "Glass half full" guy......

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  '65 T-BOLT May 4th 2010, 10:54 pm

Damnit! I was going to say break out the drag boats! but was beat to the punch! Cast a line in pop open a beer and wait!
'65 T-BOLT
'65 T-BOLT

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird May 5th 2010, 4:20 am

I hope they can get-r-done for the HotRod Reunion!! They've got they're hands full for sure. I really like to race there , great people and track. Dallas has always took care of us local racers , he's a stand up guy and a good friend!!!I won my 1st race there in the early 80's. The whole Jones family are involved heavily in Beech Bend and Music City and run top notch race facilities. Best of luck to you all on this disaster!!
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next