BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Took a knife to a gunfight............

+15
knrclark
bb429power
bbf-falcon
schmitty
the Coug
D's557BBF
jbozzelle
dr's wife racing
Northwest outlaw
ThndrChkn
bruno
billandlori
BIGDOG466
nuclearcobra
richter69
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Took a knife to a gunfight............ Empty Took a knife to a gunfight............

Post  richter69 May 8th 2010, 3:40 am

runnered up, cant complain considering this was a heads up class and the car I pulled in the final was a freaking promod deal lol.

Car flat ran pissed off all night, got faster every pass, in the final it went a 5.60 @122.........1.26 60'..............nice wheelie for a change lol. Put the 4.86 gear back in, made no other changes except for tire pressure. Finally got this thing sorted out.

I'll get the vid up in the morning, its damn near 3 in the morning and I'm smoked right now..............

Who's the bad motherf-cker now................... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

semi's
Took a knife to a gunfight............ Th_Untitled_0097

finals
Took a knife to a gunfight............ Th_Untitled_0093

Last edited by richter69 on May 8th 2010, 11:20 am; edited 2 times in total
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Took a knife to a gunfight............ Empty Re: Took a knife to a gunfight............

Post  nuclearcobra May 8th 2010, 7:26 am

Good deal you got that thing flyin Smile
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Took a knife to a gunfight............ Empty Re: Took a knife to a gunfight............

Post  BIGDOG466 May 8th 2010, 7:47 am

It liked the gear change UH!!!!!!! Took a knife to a gunfight............ Icon_biggrin
BIGDOG466
BIGDOG466

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori May 8th 2010, 8:19 am

Sounds good!!

"W"heelies are great!!

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno May 8th 2010, 8:23 am

congrats Jon on the nice pass ......

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn May 8th 2010, 10:05 am

Congrats Jon. That thing's scootin'. Cool

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  Northwest outlaw May 8th 2010, 10:30 am

Cool deal thats how you get it done...... afro One day i need to pick you brain about meth...
Northwest outlaw
Northwest outlaw

Back to top Go down

Took a knife to a gunfight............ Empty races

Post  dr's wife racing May 8th 2010, 11:59 am

I had eyes on you Wyatt was there and called me said you had it screaming I probally knew it almost as soon as you did. He was excited when he saw you car.He was on his way to come see you when he hung up. He was impressed!!!!!
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle May 8th 2010, 12:01 pm

So now that your test n tune for the Bash is over when can we expect you in Owensboro?

Looks good. Was that right lane messed up? Looks like it was driving to the right after the launch...

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno May 8th 2010, 12:11 pm

he didnt have you covered by much ............ nice !!!

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  D's557BBF May 8th 2010, 12:33 pm

Yes Jon, you are ONE BAD AZZ MOFO!! pirat Bruno can you run a 5'60 or better?? I would pay to watch yall race each other...DanO will get the winner Twisted Evil
D's557BBF
D's557BBF

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 May 8th 2010, 12:37 pm

The way they run the deal..........its an outlaw doorslammer class. They qualify 8 cars, must be 5.80 or faster. Any cars that dont make the top 8 they run an alternate class. They only need 4 to field the alt class, first round looser still gets in the money. More or less we we were testing and getting paid to do it lol. They guy i pulled in the final could not get down the track in qualifying. He let out on that pass, the car has run well in the 4's.......big inch bowtie with big chief heads, 3 foggers.

All the runs it was picking up 60', my second qualifying pass I had a Snake moment and had to pedal it.

Air was pretty good, not mineshaft but still not bad. Pretty cool out, everyone was in jackets and such. This track works ok, looking at the vids it still needs some chassis sorting, it does seem to jump to the right a bit.

Winter plans besides a freshen up for the motor is to get a narrower housing, I can fit a 12.2 x 31.25W under it, the tire I have under it now is a non W, the W has 1.5" more tread width per tire.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug May 8th 2010, 2:11 pm

looks good Jon

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty May 8th 2010, 4:57 pm

Lookin like them A+ know it all racer skills are paying off. Very Happy
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 May 8th 2010, 5:02 pm

cant be helped............... Wink

Best part is when I'd fire it up to go in the waterbox, there is a big crown with these deals, and they all like to be down there right in the action..............M5 was on crowd control strong................send um runnin' for the hills with their face buried in their shirt...........like that helps..............freakin' awesome............... Laughing
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon May 8th 2010, 9:51 pm

Nice runs Jon, I gotta Question . Does the Fuel burn your eyes while your in the car?

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 May 8th 2010, 9:56 pm

Car is sealed real good, fine unless you open the door lol.

I did have an issue at the ET shack, pulled up and opened the door, had it running on M5 and about had to bail, switched it back over on the Primer Plus real fast and got through it. Lesson learned, have it on the gas when the door is open.

I gotta get the headlights hooked back up, all those promod cars on the side of the return road waitin on a tow back are hard to see down there.............
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power May 8th 2010, 10:19 pm

How do you switch it back to gas? And don't you have to worry about detonation if you change it over to gas in the return lane? Or do you have a water injection system setup on it also? I don't know what the heck your doing to get that thing going so dang fast. Your crazy!
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Took a knife to a gunfight............ Empty Nice

Post  knrclark May 8th 2010, 10:29 pm

Looks Good Jon. Hope to see you soon.

Kerry
knrclark
knrclark
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Took a knife to a gunfight............ Empty Awful

Post  knrclark May 8th 2010, 10:32 pm

Alcohol tears my A$$ up every pass. I cannot get my car sealed to save my A$$. I have to open my door at the stripe just to get a breath. I'm glad it only lasts 6 seconds or I would be screwed.

Kerry
knrclark
knrclark
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 May 8th 2010, 11:20 pm

Do you have turnouts Kerry? Next time I build headers they are comin out the fenders lol. I pretty much sealed the thing up good enough it will float on a lake............but the exhaust needs to turn out from under the car. If your getting fumes in do not try M5..........stuff takes no prisoners...........kinda like the fragrence myself.

I have a spray bar I stuck in the spacer, is sprays gas up on the bottom of the throttle body, you cut the fuel to the injection and hit a switch....has a small pump and solenoid to put gas to the bar. Just for idling, no throttle, lets you run the thing on gas around the pits...........keeps heat in the motor........pretty slick deal.

Wife got a bit spooked.....she always watches from the stands........she took that first video and got to see it wiggle around from behind, makes for an interesting ride to say the least.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller May 9th 2010, 1:50 am

Jon,

Nice 1/8 mile times should run well into the 8.70's in the 1/4 mile.Tell the guys that think it's a BBC engine it wouldn't be nearly as fast if it was. Laughing Laughing

Later Mark.

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power May 9th 2010, 7:49 am

I thought that was the 1/4 mile? I can never tell from the burnout box. That's why I was in aw when you said 5.60 seconds. HOLY CRAP!!!! That's faster than prostock.

I want to get a video like that but at Milan they move the cars way too fast. Don't even get to watch it all, by the time your passing the finish line the next round is starting to stage.
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle May 9th 2010, 10:57 am

Fabio might be fast, but he ain't that fast... yet!

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 May 9th 2010, 11:46 am

It wont get through the 1/4 with the gear thats in it, its setup for the 1/8th...............take full advantage. Though I could shut it off at the 1000 mark and still coast to a 8.99 lol.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum