BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Took a knife to a gunfight............

+15
knrclark
bb429power
bbf-falcon
schmitty
the Coug
D's557BBF
jbozzelle
dr's wife racing
Northwest outlaw
ThndrChkn
bruno
billandlori
BIGDOG466
nuclearcobra
richter69
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Took a knife to a gunfight............ - Page 2 Empty Re: Took a knife to a gunfight............

Post  DILLIGASDAVE May 9th 2010, 12:10 pm

Nice work Jon. How big was the gear jump?

When you narrow the housing a little more do your old axles have the extra spline length (some brands have) allowing you to reuse them by chopping off the excess? Or will you have to get new axles?
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Took a knife to a gunfight............ - Page 2 Empty Re: Took a knife to a gunfight............

Post  richter69 May 9th 2010, 12:57 pm

Took the 4.56 out and put the 4.86 back in.

The axles have already been took as deep as they will go, and the way they are i will need new ones. This way I'll get a popular backspace rim as opposed to these with the deep spacing. Get rid of 10" worth of heavy steel axle and housing. Get some of them trick bearings from Duffy. Also when I put the motor in last go round I centered it, so now the pinion is offset to the right an inch........I'll kill three birds with one stone lol.

Thee converter is still a bit tight, I think thats why it likes the steeper gear, its all about getting the most out of a combo for a given application.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Took a knife to a gunfight............ - Page 2 Empty Alcohol

Post  knrclark May 9th 2010, 10:37 pm

Do you have turnouts Kerry? Next time I build headers they are comin out the fenders lol. I pretty much sealed the thing up good enough it will float on a lake............but the exhaust needs to turn out from under the car. If your getting fumes in do not try M5..........stuff takes no prisoners...........kinda like the fragrence myself.

Thanks for the advice Jon. I do not have turnouts and have also thought I should run it out of the side. I tried all kinds of stuff to seal the car and just can't get it done. I just suffer and ride anyway. I even used some of that expanding foam crap. It helped a bit but not 100percent.
knrclark
knrclark
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 May 9th 2010, 11:11 pm

Put some sort of turnout on it and it will help a bunch, they dont have to come out from under the car, just enough to turn the exhaust flow and direct it from underneath the car at low speeds.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  whitefield May 10th 2010, 10:42 am

John sounds good glad you got it sorted out. Laughing
whitefield
whitefield

Back to top Go down

Post  BRONCOBILLY7.5 May 10th 2010, 11:40 am

Good looking runs there Jon. Congrats! Do you ever make over to Tulsa?
BRONCOBILLY7.5
BRONCOBILLY7.5

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 May 10th 2010, 12:51 pm

get up there once in a while, pretty much gonna stick to TVRP and Sooner this season.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum