BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joe Mayabb and the 'ole dogs,,,,,4.98

+6
RapidRuss
richter69
schmitty
bbf-falcon
scottke
c.evans
10 posters

Go down

Joe Mayabb and the 'ole dogs,,,,,4.98 Empty Joe Mayabb and the 'ole dogs,,,,,4.98

Post  c.evans May 16th 2010, 10:56 pm

Okay guys,

The old dogs consisting of Lawes, Jack, Livermore Dave and myself loaded up and went spectating Saturday. First off was a stop at U.S. 60 Dragway where they were having a big nostalgia drag race for the the older cars. along with a swap meet, car show and etc. We had a large and wonderful time, with entertainment provided by the Fabulous D. Bradshaw who keep us in stitches all night long!

We then proceeded up Hwy 60 about another hour towards Louisville and the Ohio Valley Dragway. There they were having an OSCA race and some of our Band of Brothers such as Joe Mayabb, Kevin Rowe were there. Billy Glidden was also there with his new 2010 Mustang sponsored by Mickey Thompson tires.

The Mayabbs have the BIG Boss Hemi stuffed in their Fox body and they ran a new best of 4.98 e.t. on 10.5 tires and without any nitrous. Jose won the first round with a 5.02 and then in the second round ran the record holder, but redlighted with a 4.98. Congratulations Joe on that e.t., I know it's been a long time coming. It was good to visit with your and that old Dad of yours and also good to visit with your friend Greg Creech. Cool

Kevin Rowe and Leon Mathis have a Thor headed engine with nitrous and had trouble getting ahold of the track, but we saw some 5.30's out of their beautiful car. Again it was good to visit with you all, and I hope you can make it to the Ford Bash. You all won't have any trouble putting Nick the Mouth on the trailer Exclamation Twisted Evil Laughing

Glidden was running in the Outlaw class with the big tires and uncorked a low 4.40 or maybe it was a high 4.30, using a small block Ford and I don't know how much nitrous.

All in all it was a good trip and we made it back in time for church this morning!

Uncle Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Joe Mayabb and the 'ole dogs,,,,,4.98 Empty Re: Joe Mayabb and the 'ole dogs,,,,,4.98

Post  scottke May 16th 2010, 11:03 pm

Hey Charlie, good to see you Sat. night. See you guys Friday morning.
First time I've seen Joes car, Sweeet!

Last edited by scottke on May 16th 2010, 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
scottke
scottke

Back to top Go down

Joe Mayabb and the 'ole dogs,,,,,4.98 Empty Re: Joe Mayabb and the 'ole dogs,,,,,4.98

Post  bbf-falcon May 16th 2010, 11:04 pm

Sounds like a good time Charlie,Man, Joe's got that little pony cookin on 10.5's Very Happy

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty May 16th 2010, 11:05 pm

Glad to hear you made it to church Uncle Charlie, and way to go Joe and Joe. Very Happy
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans May 16th 2010, 11:46 pm

scottke wrote:Hey Charlie, good to see you Sat. night. See you guys Friday morning.
First time I've seen Joes car, Sweeet!

Scott,

Good to talk with you,,,,,,what did your car wind up running? There were too many black Mustangs to keep track of. This OSCA racing is one place where the Fords outnumber the Chevys. See you at the Bash Friday Exclamation

Joe's car is beautiful,,,,and to think it's been on fire, then again wrecked and on it's roof. Those guys are pretty good thrashers Exclamation They brought it down for the first Ford Bash, when it had a C-460 headed engine in it, but unfortunately they have to miss this years Bash.

Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 May 16th 2010, 11:46 pm

Nice pass Joe, was that on the new W's?
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  RapidRuss May 17th 2010, 5:04 am

Thanks for the updates Charlie, Sounds like a good time was had by all and all the cars ran real hard.. Do you carry a Sunday go to meetin flask in your upper pocket for those ruff saturday nights at the track ? Smile
RapidRuss
RapidRuss

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno May 17th 2010, 6:47 am

congrats on the 4 sec pass Joe !!!!

Charlie i have respect for those guys , and respect for the amount of time and dollars in there rides , but if any one of those guys ( creech, rowe, mathis or even joe ) want to put me on the trailer they are gonna have to show up first !!!! Cool

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  605FOX May 17th 2010, 7:33 am

good to see you geting her down the track Joe ..... guys this car still has a lot more in her Twisted Evil

Bruno i will be glad to put you on the trailer Exclamation

605FOX
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jmayabb May 17th 2010, 10:30 am

richter69 wrote:Nice pass Joe, was that on the new W's?

It was on the new W's. We are allowed 29.5 W's this year. Actually I think that was a bad idea to let them in the class but since they are now legal and I needed new tires anyway I went ahead and got them.

It was nice for Charlie and gang to come over and hang out with us. It was also good to meet Scott. You have a sweet looking coupe. Hope to see you again next month.
jmayabb
jmayabb

http://www.joesraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tommyj466 May 17th 2010, 3:58 pm

Sounds like a cool weekend! Terry Coyle was telling me about winning the Outlaw deal down there at work today. I would like to have seen Glidden's car amongst those supercharged deals like Terry is driving.

Congratulations Joe on you 4.98 pass. That is a huge accomplishment IMO. Cool

TJ
Tommyj466
Tommyj466

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down