BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get up off your ass america...............

+16
torkair
Dr.Ford
scottke
rck532
69F100
'65 T-BOLT
Nevs
schmitty
dr's wife racing
stangr8cr
bbf-falcon
billandlori
MsKYMustang
the Coug
dfree383
IDT-572
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Get up off your ass america............... Empty Get up off your ass america...............

Post  IDT-572 May 27th 2010, 10:49 am

This is a recap of what happened in NashvillE Tn. and what we here in Tn. do to help our brothers in need.

Didn't see anybody stealing big screen tv's and beer, and shooting one another. They got up went out and cleaned up fixed up (DIDN'T CRY FOR HELP)

This will get locked , but I don't give a crap I'm pissed and getting more pissed. I am so tired of seeing lasy, self serving, triffling, shiftless, people setting on their dead ass waiting for a free hand out while hard working people make the money to give to them. Something has to be done, it can't continue like this.

There has to be an ass whipping coming and I am one that will damn sure help give it out when the time comes.

This country's majority is still made up off good moral people, only a hand full are causing the problem, they don't work and have the time to get out and stir shit.

Here is a good story that proves it.......................

THIS IS TENNESSEE

VOLUNTEERS ADD NEW CHAPTER TO STORIED HISTORY

by Brent High

On May 1st and 2nd of 2010 a historic amount of rain, as much as 17 inches, fell on middle Tennessee and the city of Nashville in less than 48 hours. Historians are using terms like “thousand year flood” to describe what took place here. The Cumberland River, Nashville’s main waterway, crested at just over 51 feet, flooding iconic structures including the Grand Ole Opry, LP Field and Bridgestone Arena where the Tennessee Titans and Nashville Predators play, Country Music Hall of Fame and the Opryland Hotel and Convention Center. The water rose so much, so fast and in places water has never been seen that thousands had to be rescued by boat. Dozens lost their lives. Thousands of homeowners lost everything they had. Thousands more are now trying to salvage what’s left. Most had no flood insurance because before May 1st they didn’t need it where they lived. Early estimates are that the damage will top $1 billion and this storm will go down as the most devastating non-hurricane event in American history.

This is Tennessee .

It’s Monday, May 3rd. The rain has stopped, finally. What happens next shouldn’t come as a surprise. Almost instinctively, after a long night of restlessness, volunteers spring into action. It’s in their blood. They’ve been trained to do so by their parents and grandparents. From Waverly to Cookeville , Winchester to Cross Plains and in the capital city of Nashville the sights and sounds are the same.

Without being asked, fishermen launch their boats into the muddy soup, joining the rescue efforts. Business owners and supervisors tell their employees to take the day off and jump in and help wherever they can. Neighbors, many of whom helped empty entire houses in brigade fashion the night before, transition into cleanup mode. Sump pumps and generators whirr. Drywall, carpet and ruined floors are ripped out. Elderly ladies gather at the church to make lunches for workers. Teenagers distribute bottled water. Pickup trucks, trailers and storage units are loaded with what could be salvaged. Photos and documents are spread out in the sun to dry. Wads of $20 bills are slid into pockets of those affected. Checks are written. Hugs are given. Prayers are said. Tears are shed.

This is Tennessee .

Almost 200 years ago Tennessee first earned the nickname “ Volunteer State .” In 1812 More than 2,000 Tennesseans volunteered to fight for Andrew Jackson and were the main part of Jackson ’s army that destroyed the British three years later in the Battle of New Orleans. A generation later the U. S. Secretary of War asked Tennessee for 2,800 soldiers to fight a war against Mexico . 30,000 volunteered.

This is a state where faith comes first. We don’t ask why. We know there is a reason and look forward to it being revealed. We are guided by scriptures such as Philippians 2:3-5 which says:

“Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. Your attitude should be the same as that of Jesus.”

Family is a focus, not an afterthought. Don’t bother trying to do business with us the week of Christmas or July 4th. We’ll be with family. When our kids have a school play we will be there. We throw big birthday parties. We teach our kids right from wrong and aren’t afraid to give them a whippin’ when they need it.

Here we say “Yes ma’am” and “No ma’am.” We try to leave a place better than we found it. We put our hand over our heart when the national anthem is played. We pull over on the side of the road when funeral processions pass on the other side.

We are savvy business people. We are farmers. We are teachers.

We drink Coke here. We like gravy with our biscuits and potatoes.

We are serious about our sports. We keep score in little league and we still have all-star teams and MVP trophies.

We are givers.

You won’t hear us wailing about where the federal government and insurance companies were in all of this. We’ll get by just fine without them.

Right now we have a lot to deal with here in our backyard. We will handle it with dignity and class. We will sacrifice for each other in ways that are unfathomable to most. We will stand together. We will stand tall. We will come out of this stronger than we were before it.

One day in the not too distant future a hurricane, tornado, fire, flood or other unspeakable disaster will strike your community. As you struggle to put the pieces back together we will be there.

We will volunteer.

We are Tennesseans.

This is Tennessee .

I just hope everybody get's to read it before it gets locked.
And if this offends anyone tuff shit...........................
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Get up off your ass america............... Empty Re: Get up off your ass america...............

Post  dfree383 May 27th 2010, 10:53 am

Nice Post Blake !!!
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Get up off your ass america............... Empty Re: Get up off your ass america...............

Post  the Coug May 27th 2010, 11:00 am

I agree nice read

quit bitchin about we needs Moneys send moneys, and get of your lazy rears and help fix the place up. cuz we don't want to do anything but get freebees...

and besides who is Dumb enough to build a city in a lake bed?

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 May 27th 2010, 11:04 am

the Coug wrote:and besides who is Dumb enough to build a city in a lake bed?

Randy

But it was cheap land in New Orleans and you should pay to fix it because they don't have insurance and didn't want to pay for it.....
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  MsKYMustang May 27th 2010, 11:29 am

My Mom lives in Nashville - Pennington Bend area near Opryland. We spent the weekend after the flood helping her get started cleaning up, and I was amazed. Every 30 minutes to an hour, all day long, someone was coming by asking if you needed help or handing out food, water, cleaning supplies, etc. Some were with the Red Cross, Hands on Nashville, Samaritian's Purse, but some were just individuals trying to do their part. On Sunday, for Mother's Day they even brought roses for all the Moms.

The next weekend we went back to do some more work and I kinda expected the help to be less. But it wasn't. The trucks and people were still coming by all day long with food, drinks and supplies. Even the Metro workers stopped to see if we needed help moving anything.

Mom has a lot of damage but she's still one of the lucky ones. She is going to have to replace all her flooring, the drywall 4' high, and her car was totalled. Some lost everything in their house, or the whole house and some lost their lives. I'm going back Saturday to help move a few more things, and just be there for her.
MsKYMustang
MsKYMustang

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 May 27th 2010, 11:32 am

MsKYMustang wrote:My Mom lives in Nashville - Pennington Bend area near Opryland. We spent the weekend after the flood helping her get started cleaning up, and I was amazed. Every 30 minutes to an hour, all day long, someone was coming by asking if you needed help or handing out food, water, cleaning supplies, etc. Some were with the Red Cross, Hands on Nashville, Samaritian's Purse, but some were just individuals trying to do their part. On Sunday, for Mother's Day they even brought roses for all the Moms.

The next weekend we went back to do some more work and I kinda expected the help to be less. But it wasn't. The trucks and people were still coming by all day long with food, drinks and supplies. Even the Metro workers stopped to see if we needed help moving anything.

Mom has a lot of damage but she's still one of the lucky ones. She is going to have to replace all her flooring, the drywall 4' high, and her car was totalled. Some lost everything in their house, or the whole house and some lost their lives. I'm going back Saturday to help move a few more things, and just be there for her.

You still coming down to see me?
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  MsKYMustang May 27th 2010, 12:46 pm

[quote="IDT-572 You still coming down to see me?[/quote]

That's the plan!
MsKYMustang
MsKYMustang

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori May 27th 2010, 12:58 pm

Well put Blake.

Where I grew up it was like that too. Someone had a barn fire? The whole neighborhood showed up to help. Someone would board their cows (dairy) and milk them for them. One guy lost his leg in a PTO acciddent in the fall. My dad went down to help plow the guys fields and he couldn't get in the field.....every body came to plow his farm before they did their own.

Some people have become so accustom to just standing there with their hand out wanting for "the government" to take care of it. It is the most wastefull way to get anything done.

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon May 27th 2010, 1:13 pm

IDT-572 wrote:This is a recap of what happened in NashvillE Tn. and what we here in Tn. do to help our brothers in need.

Didn't see anybody stealing big screen tv's and beer, and shooting one another. They got up went out and cleaned up fixed up (DIDN'T CRY FOR HELP)

This will get locked , but I don't give a crap I'm pissed and getting more pissed. I am so tired of seeing lasy, self serving, triffling, shiftless, people setting on their dead ass waiting for a free hand out while hard working people make the money to give to them. Something has to be done, it can't continue like this.

There has to be an ass whipping coming and I am one that will damn sure help give it out when the time comes.

This country's majority is still made up off good moral people, only a hand full are causing the problem, they don't work and have the time to get out and stir shit.

Here is a good story that proves it.......................

THIS IS TENNESSEE

VOLUNTEERS ADD NEW CHAPTER TO STORIED HISTORY

by Brent High

On May 1st and 2nd of 2010 a historic amount of rain, as much as 17 inches, fell on middle Tennessee and the city of Nashville in less than 48 hours. Historians are using terms like “thousand year flood” to describe what took place here. The Cumberland River, Nashville’s main waterway, crested at just over 51 feet, flooding iconic structures including the Grand Ole Opry, LP Field and Bridgestone Arena where the Tennessee Titans and Nashville Predators play, Country Music Hall of Fame and the Opryland Hotel and Convention Center. The water rose so much, so fast and in places water has never been seen that thousands had to be rescued by boat. Dozens lost their lives. Thousands of homeowners lost everything they had. Thousands more are now trying to salvage what’s left. Most had no flood insurance because before May 1st they didn’t need it where they lived. Early estimates are that the damage will top $1 billion and this storm will go down as the most devastating non-hurricane event in American history.

This is Tennessee .

It’s Monday, May 3rd. The rain has stopped, finally. What happens next shouldn’t come as a surprise. Almost instinctively, after a long night of restlessness, volunteers spring into action. It’s in their blood. They’ve been trained to do so by their parents and grandparents. From Waverly to Cookeville , Winchester to Cross Plains and in the capital city of Nashville the sights and sounds are the same.

Without being asked, fishermen launch their boats into the muddy soup, joining the rescue efforts. Business owners and supervisors tell their employees to take the day off and jump in and help wherever they can. Neighbors, many of whom helped empty entire houses in brigade fashion the night before, transition into cleanup mode. Sump pumps and generators whirr. Drywall, carpet and ruined floors are ripped out. Elderly ladies gather at the church to make lunches for workers. Teenagers distribute bottled water. Pickup trucks, trailers and storage units are loaded with what could be salvaged. Photos and documents are spread out in the sun to dry. Wads of $20 bills are slid into pockets of those affected. Checks are written. Hugs are given. Prayers are said. Tears are shed.

This is Tennessee .

Almost 200 years ago Tennessee first earned the nickname “ Volunteer State .” In 1812 More than 2,000 Tennesseans volunteered to fight for Andrew Jackson and were the main part of Jackson ’s army that destroyed the British three years later in the Battle of New Orleans. A generation later the U. S. Secretary of War asked Tennessee for 2,800 soldiers to fight a war against Mexico . 30,000 volunteered.

This is a state where faith comes first. We don’t ask why. We know there is a reason and look forward to it being revealed. We are guided by scriptures such as Philippians 2:3-5 which says:

“Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. Your attitude should be the same as that of Jesus.”

Family is a focus, not an afterthought. Don’t bother trying to do business with us the week of Christmas or July 4th. We’ll be with family. When our kids have a school play we will be there. We throw big birthday parties. We teach our kids right from wrong and aren’t afraid to give them a whippin’ when they need it.

Here we say “Yes ma’am” and “No ma’am.” We try to leave a place better than we found it. We put our hand over our heart when the national anthem is played. We pull over on the side of the road when funeral processions pass on the other side.

We are savvy business people. We are farmers. We are teachers.

We drink Coke here. We like gravy with our biscuits and potatoes.

We are serious about our sports. We keep score in little league and we still have all-star teams and MVP trophies.

We are givers.

You won’t hear us wailing about where the federal government and insurance companies were in all of this. We’ll get by just fine without them.

Right now we have a lot to deal with here in our backyard. We will handle it with dignity and class. We will sacrifice for each other in ways that are unfathomable to most. We will stand together. We will stand tall. We will come out of this stronger than we were before it.

One day in the not too distant future a hurricane, tornado, fire, flood or other unspeakable disaster will strike your community. As you struggle to put the pieces back together we will be there.

We will volunteer.

We are Tennesseans.

This is Tennessee .

I just hope everybody get's to read it before it gets locked.
And if this offends anyone tuff shit...........................

Blake, When we were at the Bash ,Sooz and I were talking about how nice and polite your friend Will was. Sooz,was saying that he must have been in the Military because he always addressed her as Yes Maam, or No Maam. And I told her that was just how most people from Tenn. were and addressed people. Tennessee people are Great/friendly and hard working people. Smile

Last edited by bbf-falcon on May 27th 2010, 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  stangr8cr May 27th 2010, 1:20 pm

Becca, if ya need a hand or your mom needs anything I'm only 10 minutes or so from Opry Mills. I'd be glad to help out with anything if needed, whenever. I also plan on heading to Blakes on Saturday. If she needs anything you're more than welcome to give her my cell 615-618-7785.

Boo Boo
stangr8cr
stangr8cr
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  MsKYMustang May 27th 2010, 1:53 pm

stangr8cr wrote:Becca, if ya need a hand or your mom needs anything I'm only 10 minutes or so from Opry Mills. I'd be glad to help out with anything if needed, whenever. I also plan on heading to Blakes on Saturday. If she needs anything you're more than welcome to give her my cell 615-618-7785.
Boo Boo

Thanks! I think all we're doing this weekend is getting the last few things out of the house so the contractor can start next week. But I put your number in my phone just in case.
MsKYMustang
MsKYMustang

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 May 27th 2010, 2:02 pm

MsKYMustang wrote:
stangr8cr wrote:Becca, if ya need a hand or your mom needs anything I'm only 10 minutes or so from Opry Mills. I'd be glad to help out with anything if needed, whenever. I also plan on heading to Blakes on Saturday. If she needs anything you're more than welcome to give her my cell 615-618-7785.
Boo Boo

Thanks! I think all we're doing this weekend is getting the last few things out of the house so the contractor can start next week. But I put your number in my phone just in case.

I can help too Becca, if you need me............
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Get up off your ass america............... Empty LOCKED OUT

Post  dr's wife racing May 27th 2010, 2:14 pm

Why should this be locked out! Deccent people doing the right thing to help their own! Nuff Said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty May 27th 2010, 4:35 pm

You are right on here Blake. A lot of people overlook the middle of this great land and call it flyover country. We would give the shirt off of our backs to anyone in need and do so on a daily basis. We don't piss a fit because we have to work more than 40 hours a week, we expect that we will and do whatever job needs done. Yes family is first, and neighbors often come before that. On more than one ocassion, we have dropped everything we were doing to go help someone in need, then went back and did our own stuff whether it be planting a crop, harvesting it or anything in between. Sundays are the Lord's day and you respect that. If more people had attitudes like these people the whole world would be a lot better place. Sorry for your mother's loss Becca, and like has been said before, "if there is anything I can do, just let me know".
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs May 27th 2010, 5:56 pm

Well put Blake, I see no reason why you would think this should be locked, every word is the truth. Of course, some people can't handle the truth. Cool
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  '65 T-BOLT May 27th 2010, 6:33 pm

Spot on Blake! here on the east coast, people would rather watch someone suffer that to help! at least it seams that way in my area.
'65 T-BOLT
'65 T-BOLT

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 May 27th 2010, 7:31 pm

x2 on what everybody has said
and a good read Blake it needs to be like that all over that is how this country was founded and needs to get back that way
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  rck532 May 27th 2010, 8:45 pm

x3 on what everyone sed
rck532
rck532
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  scottke May 27th 2010, 9:54 pm

WWWWOOOOOORRRRDDDDDD!!!!!!!!
scottke
scottke

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr.Ford May 27th 2010, 10:32 pm

I agree but what I would say wouldn't be nice. I probably would get banned. Laughing
Dr.Ford
Dr.Ford

Back to top Go down

Post  torkair May 28th 2010, 4:22 am

So many people have forgotten that a little kindness goes a long ways, don't know why but it's just plain sad.
torkair
torkair

Back to top Go down

Post  342g May 28th 2010, 11:50 am

I don't care if it is snowing, I want my food stamps, and welfare check Very Happy cheers ............................"RIGHT ON BLAKE"
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug May 28th 2010, 12:56 pm

342g wrote:I don't care if it is snowing, I want my food stamps, and welfare check Very Happy cheers ............................"RIGHT ON BLAKE"

The bad thing is Harold most of the people on this have never had jobs or worked they want everything for nothing.... or Pop out a few more kids so they can get more moneys.....

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 May 28th 2010, 1:57 pm

i gotta get in here before it's locked,but i cant think of nothing more to add.lazy people have all the time to figure out how to screw the worken man and the worken man is too buisy to know it.out government is full of lazy people too.
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty May 28th 2010, 1:58 pm

the Coug wrote:
342g wrote:I don't care if it is snowing, I want my food stamps, and welfare check Very Happy cheers ............................"RIGHT ON BLAKE"

The bad thing is Harold most of the people on this have never had jobs or worked they want everything for nothing.... or Pop out a few more kids so they can get more moneys.....

Randy
Harol and Coug, it's just how some people are brought up. If you are taught that you will live on welfare and that other people are going to always give you a handout, that is what you will do. This isn't just something that can go away overnight. The more you give away the more some people will expect. Out here we were taught at a very early age that you will work for what you get, and that taking a handout is wrong. I know of some people here that would rather take a beating than ever accept $20 from a neighbor when they need it. They will do something to earn that $20, but there is no way they would accept charity. It's all about what our parents/family taught us. I hear time and again about how hard some of these inner city kids have it and how they just can't get a break, but I'll tell you what, there are plenty just like it out here, and they seem to somehow pull themselves up and get it together. People are a victim of circumstances that they make for themselves. Granteed there are some special cases, as there always are, but too many of the kids raised today aren't taught to deal with lifes problems, and it will be a long hard life for them untill they figure out that they just need to work harder and keep the nose to the grindstone. I'll get off of my soapbox for a little while now. Cool
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next